: Anyone having bluetooth issues with 2011 CTS-V paired with iPhone4?

GM-4-LIFE
06-23-11, 07:19 PM
This seems to be specific to the 2011 model year ONLY. None of the issues we are experiencing on our 2011 Cadillacs were present on our 2010 model year Cadillacs.

Both of our 2011 Cadillacs have been having issues with the bluetooth paired with our iPhone4s. Our 2011 Escalade ESV and 2011 CTS-V Coupe has been having constant bluetooth issues and I didn't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing or not.

Incoming and outgoing phone calls freeze up both the phones and the car audio with the female NAV voice coming on saying: "unable to complete call using your bluetooth device." I have restored both phones via iTunes and re-paired them on both cars and the issues are still there.

Anyone else with this issue?

laynrockers
06-23-11, 07:26 PM
The only problem I have is the range on it is way to far.. I can be up in my office second floor 50 - 60 ft away from the car and it still reads the bluetooth and will transfer to my car when i answer.

GM-4-LIFE
06-23-11, 07:31 PM
This issue is only related to 2011 CTS-Vs with the new Onstar 9.0 hardware.

hlantin
06-23-11, 07:58 PM
i have this issue with my 2011. when this happens, i normally just wait a few minutes before making another call. i tried searching the manual, but i don't think there's a way of viewing the phone's signal strength through the nav display? sometimes i think there just isn't any signal, so i just wait. another issue i found is that when you hangup, the phone icon/tab on the nav display stay even though the radio is already playing. this ties up the voice command as well.

davbrucas
06-23-11, 08:04 PM
No issues with my car/iphone4...at least not since I got the car yesterday. I have made ~5-6 calls with no problems.

Andy@A&ACorvette
06-23-11, 09:16 PM
No problem with mine either.

PCBeachDP
06-23-11, 09:40 PM
2011 Coupe here, and no problems pairing.

sybersport
06-24-11, 01:53 AM
I have the same problem in my 2011 V Sedan. When I first pair the phone, and someone calls, it won't connect and I have to take the call on the phone itself. About 10 or 15 seconds later, after I have picked up the call on the phone, the call will transfer to the vehicle bluetooth. After I hang up, and get another call, it's usually okay.

JOEYCTS-V
06-24-11, 09:54 AM
I have the same thing happening. It's very frustrating. If I wait a a few minutes before I make a call it works fine. It seems like it just takes a really long time to connect.

GM-4-LIFE
06-24-11, 02:33 PM
For those of us with this issue, GM is aware of it and they are working on the fix with Apple. I have been in touch with a GM Engineer who has been able to reproduce the problem and is working on the issue as we speak. I will keep you guys up to date on this issue when I find out when the TSB is released or if it will be fixed on the next Apple software update.

03Z06Vette
06-24-11, 03:34 PM
My wife and I have had the same problems with her 2011 Escalade ESV and my 2011 CTS-V sedan. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't. She has a hard time making calls using bluetooth. I have that problem as well as not being able to receive calls. We both have iPhone 4s.

GM-4-LIFE
06-24-11, 03:47 PM
A lot of us with ONLY 2011 model year Cadillacs are having this issue with the iPhone 4. I got in touch with GM Engineering about a month or so ago and they jumped right on it. They called me right away and I have since exchanged a bunch of emails with the head of their bluetooth department. They were able to reproduce the issue and are now working on a fix. I can't say enough about how GM headquarters have been with dealing with this issue. The old GM wouldn't have even responded. The new GM has been great!

A fix is coming guys! Be patient and this problem will soon be a thing of the past.

tbss08
06-24-11, 06:44 PM
WOW, I wonder which GM I've been dealing with. Certainly not the same as you.

GM-4-LIFE
06-24-11, 06:49 PM
WOW, I wonder which GM I've been dealing with. Certainly not the same as you.

Honestly, you probably got unlucky with who you have been dealing with. Everyone at the new GM I have been dealing with has been great and very accomodating.

bash535i
06-25-11, 02:16 AM
Same problem here too.

rednumbers
06-25-11, 06:09 PM
i got the same problem with my 2011. Sometimes it pairs and sometimes it doesn't. I do majority of the time have to push the button on my iphone to connect with the car. Kind of defeats the purpose. hoping for a solution soon

CrystalRed11
06-26-11, 07:20 PM
We have 4G Thunderbolts and have the same problem with our 2011 Sedan and her 2011 Equinox. Works fine on the Acura.

JimmyH
06-26-11, 11:03 PM
fwiw, we have constant problems with our 09 Enclave. both my camaros, problem free.

GTPprix
06-29-11, 12:08 PM
I'm actually working on this issue right now can you guys that are also having the issue post some data for me?

1. Which iPhone 4 do you have CDMA or GSM IE Verizon or AT&T
2. Which software revision are you running?
3. Does your iPod integration work correctly?

Thanks!

js615
06-29-11, 05:23 PM
...having a similar issue with my wife's '11 SRX: both she and I have HTC EVO 4G's that connect perfect with my '09 V but will not stay connected with the SRX.

GM-4-LIFE
06-29-11, 05:29 PM
I'm actually working on this issue right now can you guys that are also having the issue post some data for me?

1. Which iPhone 4 do you have CDMA or GSM IE Verizon or AT&T
2. Which software revision are you running?
3. Does your iPod integration work correctly?

Thanks!

I have the iPhone 4 with AT&T with software version 4.3.3 and my iPod integration seems to work just fine.

Thanks for working on this issue for us! Looks like GM does monitor these forums! That is awesome!

hlantin
06-29-11, 05:55 PM
same here..version 4.3.3 (8J2) from AT&T. ipod works..

GTPprix
06-29-11, 06:42 PM
I guess I should clarifiy this, the MAIN concern is does your bluetooth operate as intended. The ipod integration is for my own personal reference ;) So lets redo the list:

1. Does your bluetooth work correctly?
2. Which iPhone 4 do you have CDMA or GSM IE Verizon or AT&T
3. Which software revision are you running?
4. Does your iPod integration work correctly?

For the record I am NOT with GM Corporate however I am trying to provide information to a few people I'm working with at various areas of GM to help with the situation.

GM-4-LIFE
06-29-11, 07:18 PM
I guess I should clarifiy this, the MAIN concern is does your bluetooth operate as intended. The ipod integration is for my own personal reference ;) So lets redo the list:

1. Does your bluetooth work correctly?
2. Which iPhone 4 do you have CDMA or GSM IE Verizon or AT&T
3. Which software revision are you running?
4. Does your iPod integration work correctly?

For the record I am NOT with GM Corporate however I am trying to provide information to a few people I'm working with at various areas of GM to help with the situation.

My bluetooth works correctly after being paired with the vehicle, but sometimes works as intended.
I have a GSM iPhone 4 with AT&T
I am running Apple's latest iOS which is 4.3.3
iPod integration works just fine.

Hope this helps.

What's your name by the way? I have been dealing with Robert at corporate GM and thought that was you.

When you say software revision, are you referring to the iPhone iOS software or the vehicle software version? Just wanted a bit of clarification.

GTPprix
06-29-11, 08:28 PM
I'm Chris, I've been working with a few people on this and honestly I thought it might have just been CDMA iPhone 4 that had the issue but I guess not! I'm on iOS5 Beta 2 and the bluetooth issue is still there however now my iPod integration doesn't work LOL But you are correct I was interested in the iOS version that was doing it. Was hoping to nail it down to CDMA iPhone 4 honestly :(

lawfive
06-29-11, 08:37 PM
AT&T iPhone 4, latest iPhone software, works fine, so does iPod integration. The only time I've heard that message from the female nav voice is when I was on the phone, stopped the car, and transferred the iPhone audio source from the car to the phone.

GM-4-LIFE
06-29-11, 08:39 PM
I'm Chris, I've been working with a few people on this and honestly I thought it might have just been CDMA iPhone 4 that had the issue but I guess not! I'm on iOS5 Beta 2 and the bluetooth issue is still there however now my iPod integration doesn't work LOL But you are correct I was interested in the iOS version that was doing it. Was hoping to nail it down to CDMA iPhone 4 honestly :(

Chris,

Thanks for working on this issue. Robert at GM said they are aware of the problem, but it's a tricky one. They are working with Apple to figure out how to fix this issue. It only started happening with the 2011 GM vehicles. Our 2010 GM vehicles worked flawlessly. Same phones, different vehicles only and problems started there, so I think it has to do with GM's new OnStar 9.0 hardware as the bluetooth is now integrated with the OnStar 9.0. OnStar 9.0 was the only change in our case. There had to have been a change in the OnStar 9.0 that isn't meshing well with the iPhone 4.

digital1021
06-29-11, 08:59 PM

That's interesting, I am also on iOS 5 beta 2, and everything is working very well. Previously with beta 1, I was having issues with Bluetooth pairing, the connection would initialize but never complete. Additionally I have notice that voice control seems to respond better on beta 2.

- Matt

P.S. 3GS and 4, both on AT&T, are working fine.

GTPprix
07-01-11, 06:31 PM
Matt can you tell me the build date of your car? It looks like there were two VCIM units in 2011 trying to figure out if I can nail it down to one Part #.

digital1021
07-03-11, 06:41 AM
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I don't have the build date on hand, but it was built before 07/13/10 for sure, thats the day I picked it up.

- Matt