: 1998 Cadillac SDV Limo with FE7 Suspension question

TrippleBlackEldo
06-22-11, 06:27 PM
Have a 1998 Cadillac Limo with the heavy duty FE7 suspension package. I need to replace the right rear upper control arm bushings and am not having any luck in finding the bushings either OE or Aftermarket. Any thoughts of where I might acquire these elusive bushings?

Been through a list of vendors and dealers and junkyards already with no luck in anything.

RippyPartsDept
06-22-11, 10:02 PM
a local limo just recently had to do the same repair

i can't remember what his solution was...

i'll see if i can contact him tomorrow

TrippleBlackEldo
06-23-11, 09:58 AM
That would be cool.

Even a whole upper control arm would be good to have. But again, can't find that either.

RippyPartsDept
06-23-11, 10:38 AM
i can get the whole upper control arm (right hand rear) from Vintage Parts

GM sells their stock to them when they discontinue a part but still have stock available

Vintage Parts had a strict return policy though - you only have like a week to cancel your order and they have a a return fee ... after the week there's no returns

$235.14 (plus shipping from me to you)

They've got four left in stock

I'll let you know later if that other limo driver gets in touch with me about his fix

TrippleBlackEldo
06-23-11, 12:39 PM
That is great. Thanks.

Is that the cast iron upper? The aluminum one that the junkyards been sending were not the cast iron control arm.

Is there a phone # or site that I could order myself?

RippyPartsDept
06-23-11, 02:08 PM
it's whatever GM was selling ... i don't have any info on production materials though... you can order yourself... it will cost more though... and you have to do it online

http://vpartsinc.com

RippyPartsDept
06-23-11, 03:57 PM
so I just heard back from my 1997 Limo driver

he said that his mechanic put on a control arm from a regular deville

they had to modify it slightly
some holes needed to be drilled to larger diameter and some filing needed to be done on the body for fitment

----

now that I've been refreshed on this it sounds to me like the aluminum ones you've been getting aren't really from limos or HD bodied vehicles but just from regular devilles because the FE7 parts are cast iron

----

if you'd like to contact the shop that did the work for him I can PM you their info

other than that I would think that you could go with the one from Vintage Parts - it should be direct OEM fitment

TrippleBlackEldo
06-23-11, 04:23 PM
I called Vintage Parts and I should be able to pick one up there. Since I am in Milwaukee and they are in Beaver dam I can have it tomorrow:D And I can do a visual on it before accepting it also. Yea it may cost more but in the long run its right in my back yard.

Thanks for the help.

RippyPartsDept
06-23-11, 04:50 PM
no problem... glad to help