: New Cadillac ATS Picture

Lord Cadillac
06-22-11, 11:20 AM
What you're probably looking at here is a Cadillac ATS...
http://cadillacats.com/images/cadillac-ats.jpg

ga_etc
06-22-11, 11:34 AM
Looks about Regal size. Let's hope it gets better engine choices.

Lord Cadillac
06-22-11, 11:37 AM
It absolutely, definitely will..

Looks about Regal size. Let's hope it gets better engine choices.

0AT E03
06-23-11, 08:57 AM
Someone is getting fired...

Stingroo
06-23-11, 09:17 AM
I spy old Z06 wheels?

Lord Cadillac
06-23-11, 09:38 AM
Yup Z06 wheels.. I think the rendition below is going to be very close. It was done a long time ago but it looks pretty accurate.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt80/dawgpics_photos/ATS_V/ATSSedan.jpg

Aron9000
06-23-11, 10:19 AM
I swear if this thing doesn't have more interior room and isn't quicker than my 1995 Fleetwood, I'm going to swear off newer Cadillacs for good.

EDIT:

Doh, thought we were talking about the larger, lamer, FWD XTS

The Tony Show
06-23-11, 11:36 AM
Looks like they got carried away trying to get the weight down- I'll bet the wind noise is going to be atrocious!

;)

js615
06-23-11, 11:40 AM
It appears to be carrying over a lot of lines from the CTS - will have to see in person, but doesn't look to bad to me.

The Tony Show
06-23-11, 11:42 AM
Kidding aside though, if that is the ATS I'm surprised they're going away from the round fuel door and taillights that wrap severely up onto the rear. Both would be subtle styling similarities with the CTS and SRX, and brands usually keep those things consistent.

If it is the ATS, I'd bet that means square fuel doors on the new CTS and XTS.

Lord Cadillac
06-23-11, 12:32 PM
Looks like they got carried away trying to get the weight down- I'll bet the wind noise is going to be atrocious!

;)

Seriously. Talk about going "cheap". Maybe the doors will be optional.. I always say - options are nice to have...

Kidding aside though, if that is the ATS I'm surprised they're going away from the round fuel door and taillights that wrap severely up onto the rear. Both would be subtle styling similarities with the CTS and SRX, and brands usually keep those things consistent.

I bet that's what's going to happen.. Square fuel doors on the CTS and XTS. If this isn't the ATS, what else would it be? Camaro? That looks a lot more like a Cadillac than a Chevy. So I'm still guessing it's a Cadillac we're seeing here.

JimmyH
06-23-11, 12:38 PM
a 4-door Camaro? surely ye jest.

JimmyH
06-23-11, 12:43 PM

I would think a round fuel door on a body crease, such as it is, would be too hard to line up correctly.

Lord Cadillac
06-23-11, 01:02 PM
Of course. You never know, though. Chevy could be interested in a small four door RWD performance sedan. Still, I don't see this to be a Chevy. I think the only possibility for this car is ATS.

a 4-door Camaro? surely ye jest.

JimmyH
06-23-11, 01:07 PM
well, sure, why not? A 4-door Camaro might sell. If it looks good, I'd buy one. I still would rather have a sedan than a coupe.

Truth be told, if there is a Chevy version of the ATS-V, that is what I would gravitate towards. I want a great sport sedan, but I don't need all the luxury appointments. Nor do I really want to spend the money on them if I don't have to.

Lord Cadillac
06-23-11, 01:09 PM
Well there's no official word of a Chevy on the Alpha platform but you never know. I don't see why Chevy wouldn't get a piece of the action.

well, sure, why not? A 4-door Camaro might sell. If it looks good, I'd buy one. I still would rather have a sedan than a coupe.

Truth be told, if there is a Chevy version of the ATS-V, that is what I would gravitate towards. I want a great sport sedan, but I don't need all the luxury appointments. Nor do I really want to spend the money on them if I don't have to.

JimmyH
06-23-11, 01:14 PM
I had read it was cancelled. You were the one that told me it was gonna happen. It will be interesting to see what Alpha all spawns.

Lord Cadillac
06-23-11, 01:21 PM
That was a full-size RWD V8 Chevrolet...

I had read it was cancelled. You were the one that told me it was gonna happen. It will be interesting to see what Alpha all spawns.

Jailtime
06-23-11, 02:20 PM
If ATS looks anything like that rendition, I want one. Looks like a Cadillac, unlike that cookie cutter XTS.

Lord Cadillac
06-23-11, 02:32 PM
It looks like there's a thin/little built-in rear spoiler...

Stingroo
06-23-11, 03:40 PM
I'm guessing you can only see that "lip" because the tail lights are missing.

Lord Cadillac
06-23-11, 06:13 PM
Could be but I also see it on the right side out the rear windshield... I really think that's a built in spoiler. I hope so because I'd like that.

I'm guessing you can only see that "lip" because the tail lights are missing.

ben.gators
06-23-11, 08:31 PM
I can see a 4-door CTS coupe..... And well, it is not as large as its ancestors, however I should say it "looks" attractive... I am waiting to hear about the engine and then I will have my final opinion about the car!

brothleutner
06-24-11, 12:04 AM
I can see a 4-door CTS coupe..... And well, it is not as large as its ancestors, however I should say it "looks" attractive... I am waiting to hear about the engine and then I will have my final opinion about the car!

No matter what they say, there is no such thing as a 4 door coupe. :D

Jesda
06-24-11, 06:15 AM
That looks more like the new Malibu, but the Malibu has a round fuel door, and of course the 'bu is a good bit longer.

The proportions look right for a RWD car.

Lord Cadillac
06-24-11, 10:04 AM
The CTS is growing in size - not shrinking..

dennis93coupe
06-25-11, 02:54 PM
You gotta be kidding....is this the new ATS ?? Scroll down half way...

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/12-concept-cars-headed-for-the-dealership.html

JimmyH
06-25-11, 06:18 PM
"The Urban Concept Cadillac shown at last year's L.A. Auto Show was a head fake."

Stingroo
06-26-11, 01:34 AM
That whole article is full of crap. If they think the Mazda 6 is going to turn into THAT?

Ha. They're funny.

JimmyH
06-26-11, 01:58 PM
Everything on the internet is true. Yup.

Lord Cadillac
06-27-11, 11:31 AM
I don't believe the Mazda6 is being sold in America anymore after this or next year.

The ATS will launch as a 2013 model with a four cylinder engine standard and a turbo four cylinder optional. As mentioned in the past - and from what I'm understanding - the ATS-V will be a twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 and not an LSx v8. It WILL be extremely competitive with the next TT v6 M3. As far as I know, I'm the only person on the internet so sure about this so I certainly could be wrong.

JimmyH
06-27-11, 01:14 PM
If they don't offer a V8 ATS-V, they will alienate some buyers for sure. Stubborn enthusiasts like me who will stick with the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger. Of course, they will also be embraced by the M3/G37 crowd, so I guess it's a trade-off. The solution would be to offer both a V8 and FIV6.

brothleutner
06-28-11, 11:05 PM
Top Gear is showing a M3 with 450 hp v8, granted it's a "special edition", but if Caddy is to do to the M3 with the ATSv what they did to the M5 with the CTSv, my vote is to just put the the CTSv engine in it. Does Caddy have a 450hp v6 in the works?

JimmyH
06-29-11, 12:55 AM
No way the lsa goes in the atsv. Considering the lfx is now almost 320 hp it will be no problem wringing 450 twin turbo horsepower out of it. But it still won't sound or feel like a v8. Won't have the torque curve or sweet simplicity either.

Lord Cadillac
06-29-11, 11:37 AM
This is for the current M3. Right? The next M3 will be a twin turbo V6. GM is having enough trouble making the ATS capable of handling the 3.0 liter twin turbo V6. I really don't think a V8 is going into this car...

Top Gear is showing a M3 with 450 hp v8, granted it's a "special edition", but if Caddy is to do to the M3 with the ATSv what they did to the M5 with the CTSv, my vote is to just put the the CTSv engine in it. Does Caddy have a 450hp v6 in the works?