: wanting to stay pretty stock and modest with no problems or driveabiity

SuperBeast
06-22-11, 08:58 AM
i am considering a 2.55 upper, full cai, and tune from Jesse...what can i expect TRUE increase number hp/tq to the WHEELS.....will i have ANY drivability issues or jerking or will car ride EXACTLY as it does now but modest more amt of power...also should i port the tb snout and supercharger or unnecessary? change plugs?
thanks
Jeff

Domsz06
06-22-11, 09:24 AM
100 hp is what most get with either a lower or an upper as they spin the blower the same.

You will need plugs.

porting just adds more hp, and all these mods make the car drive like stock except when you punch the gas and boost it up.

Domsz06
06-22-11, 09:30 AM
um i'm :confused:

Isn't this you?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/wait4me-performance/231403-still-without-car-2-months-later.html

with an lsx in it? :confused:

e6t
06-22-11, 10:46 AM
odd thread is odd.

assuming he isnt happy with the build?

Razorecko
06-22-11, 10:57 AM
Superbeast, are you a dealer /related to a dealership somehow ?

Domsz06
06-22-11, 11:07 AM
Superbeast, are you a dealer /related to a dealership somehow ?

yeah really confused since he wrote the huge write up saying things were great, and he was happy with his build here...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/wait4me-performance/231978-car-stalling-out.html#post2615814

even with bumper to bumper traffic i was able to make it in 3 1/2 hours and i was not going over 78.
Thank you so much for coming to me this Tuesday. Please let me know what time u are planning to be here so i can make sure i am here to meet you and have the car. I am SO happy you don't even know to hear that u can get the lunging out of the car and make it easier for me to drive in stop and go traffic. Its so annoying to pull up to a light and feel the car rumble and trying to find itself etc...its so hard to drive this way. Do u know what we will do come winter to avoid any issues as well? It is very important for me to have the driveability and have it drive like a CADILLAC...i have no intention on ever tracking the car or being the fastest just fast enough in the 700 range as discussed.
Let me know if u need my address again and i will email you!
Wendy's on me! ;)
i know a better place actually
thanks and look forward to seeing you this Tuesday
Jeff

says it's a great car and he made a trip in 3.5 hours....

Jesse drove out to me today and spent some time tuning my car...while it still has a cam that i didnt expect and feels "bouncy" it is about 50% better with the bouncing around..still not as smooth as i'd like but we are going to have to talk further about what to do about all this. otherwise the car is a beast;...just not what i had expected when he told me it would run smooth like stock...certainly it is not. i appreciate him driving out to me and doing the best he can with the tune.
so far no check engine lights have returned either...
thanks jess and lets talk in the next couple days when u get a chance to discuss options
Jeff

i think this explains it, he doesn't like the cam and is wanting to go back to stock?????

hope the OP will shed some light on this....

CTSV4now
06-22-11, 11:26 AM
That's the same guy that was looking at exotics too. Maybe he has more than 1 V.

musclesbmf
06-22-11, 11:30 AM
Maybe his forum account was hacked like Weiner's twitter account... LOL :bouncy:

e6t
06-22-11, 12:27 PM
weird.

elphil
06-22-11, 02:37 PM
Are there two SuperBeast on the forum here?

Domsz06
06-22-11, 02:55 PM
Are there two SuperBeast on the forum here?

dont' think so, same location, post count, and car driven lists. maybe like someone else said he had 2.

wait4me
06-22-11, 03:16 PM
The 2.55 pulley tune and ca will get you to 550hp to the wheels pretty easily. It will not be as aggressive as your white one.

SuperBeast
06-22-11, 04:29 PM
Jes will u also port the supercharger snout and tb after putting in the solid torsonial isolator? I would imagine when u get done my car will bBE EXACTLY drivable as it is now..no jerky, no jitter,stock stock stock but 100 or so more hp/tq?
when are u back in town and we can get this done?
thx
Jeff

cbloveday
06-22-11, 07:53 PM
Jeff,

I can be reached on the same number, if you need to be talked off the ledge. :tisk:

SuperBeast
06-22-11, 08:18 PM
curtis dont u think that this will give me the extra hp needed without effecting drivability at all?

markrn
06-22-11, 08:53 PM
Maybe this thread should be moved over to the wait4me section, just a thought? Thanks

cbloveday
06-22-11, 09:01 PM
Jeff,

I do not believe you can change the tune and it be like stock. There are others who will disagree.

The others I speak of have not had numerous discussions with you and know what you want.

All I know is if it is not EXACTLY like stock you will be frustrated.

SuperBeast
06-22-11, 09:35 PM
I feel as long as my cam is left stock and the car idles smooth like a cadillac but boosts higher, quicker and more torque on tap sooner i'll be VERY happy...u didnt feel my "problem"

DrumStix
06-22-11, 09:55 PM
SB, my car runs at least as good as stock with current mods. I ported my blower, added pulleys and an LS9 cam and am making way over the normal 550 HP you are looking for. A lot of that drivibility has to do with mod selection, particularly the injectors and the tune.

Do you have more than one V?

Drum

cbloveday
06-22-11, 10:00 PM
He sold his white one and bought a black stock one.

dvandentop
06-22-11, 10:36 PM
bi polar

neuronbob
06-22-11, 10:39 PM
OIC, makes sense now.

neuronbob
06-22-11, 10:48 PM
curtis dont u think that this will give me the extra hp needed without effecting drivability at all?

I have had the upper, CAI, and tune setup installed by w4m for one year and12k miles. No effects on drivability. Totally reliable setup and superfun when you put your foot onto it.

jojipoji
06-22-11, 11:13 PM
Def bipolar.

Kirk3
06-22-11, 11:21 PM
You know what feels like stock? Drives like stock? Acts like stock? Sounds like stock? And performs like stock?

Leaving your car stock.

Not trying to take business away from vendors but looking at how previous threads have gone involving this person and a modified car, I think you don't need to do anything to your new car. I even remember a few posts from the last thread saying "mods aren't for everyone".
Ask yourself why you want to increase the HP/trq of your car? If you don't have a marginally good answer rethink this.

e6t
06-22-11, 11:22 PM
he wants a lady in the street but a freak in the bed... unfortunately, when they are really, REALLY freaky, some of that freakyness is GOING TO CREEP UP!

baabootoo
06-23-11, 03:31 PM
Obviously, it can not be EXACTLY the same right, since it won't be. That's like when I told my Edward Jones person that I wanted to make a lot of money, but not risk losing any! :)

dvandentop
06-23-11, 09:41 PM
LOL thats great baabootoo

Razorecko
06-24-11, 01:16 AM
2.55 upper or 9.5 lower. Dont touch the exhaust, dont open up for a new cam or heads. Just do a bigger pulley and cut the bottom of the airbox and drop in a k&N. And maybe get a litgenfleter style pipe that'll go from the tb to the airbox. You could even port the stock tb also. Than leave it. It will be practically like stock but boost higher and have a higher blower pitch. Should be simple as sh*t for anyone to tune and should put down 60-80rwhp

aj660
06-24-11, 05:33 AM
It's a bit confusing to me..... You spent months waiting for your car from W4M. You also updated us every other week about how frustrated you were with Jesse and then he came through in a big way IMO. And then you sold it lol and bought another V? And now you want to mod the new one ?

Just get a 9.5 or 10" lower, CIA , and dyno tune. And then Leave it alone, maybe headers too or a catback exhaust.

Razorecko
06-24-11, 10:42 AM
It's a bit confusing to me..... You spent months waiting for your car from W4M. You also updated us every other week about how frustrated you were with Jesse and then he came through in a big way IMO. And then you sold it lol and bought another V? And now you want to mod the new one ?

Just get a 9.5 or 10" lower, CIA , and dyno tune. And then Leave it alone, maybe headers too or a catback exhaust.

I would say a 2.55 upper or 9" lower. It seems like the 10" doesn't really give much more than the 9.5" and seems to cause occassional issues.

aj660
06-24-11, 01:25 PM
It seems like the 10" doesn't really give much more than the 9.5" and seems to cause occassional issues.

Just curious, what issues are you talking about? I have a 10" lower and I'm very happy. I was a little concerned prior to swapping my 9.5" for the 10"; however, I did research potential issues at the time and i don't recall hearing of any problems at all.

wait4me
06-24-11, 01:59 PM
I too have never heard of any issues from anyone running the 10inch kits. I have sold A BUNCH of them.

Razorecko
06-24-11, 02:06 PM
I'm sure there arent any real issues to doing a 10" but with sb stating he wants 0 problems and perfect driveability I'd just stick to whats been tried and true since the beginning. The 2.55 upper or the 9.5" lower

cbloveday
06-24-11, 02:39 PM
Jeff, I drove your car yesterday and I really do not understand what you were feeling. It was very smooth start to finish. The idle, shifting and acceleration were great. It drove like stock to me. It was much smoother than mine was. IMO, you should have kept the car.

Now going forward, knowing you and what you want, I would stick with just a pulley, CAI and tune. You can always do more later.
I am afraid, before you know it, the car will change on you again. Do not do heads or headers. Do the catbacks. JMO

SuperBeast
06-24-11, 05:37 PM
you weren't driving the same car then :) my wife just let out a HUGE laugh....while the car did run strong-once you got going- living in CITY life here in birmingham michigan where it is not all country road and a few stop signs and lights it was a very hard car to drive..lots of bouncing around cam bump and lunging...

cbloveday
06-24-11, 05:47 PM
Yes I was. It was your white V. I drove in through several stops and starts. I never tested the acceleration fully, just drivability.

It is definately, the same one I road in when we went to lunch. Jesse said nothing was done to it, since he met you re-tuned and then acquired it.

kirbyCTSV
06-24-11, 06:00 PM
Yes I was. It was your white V. I drove in through several stops and starts. I never tested the acceleration fully, just drivability.

It is definately, the same one I road in when we went to lunch. Jesse said nothing was done to it, since he met you re-tuned and then acquired it.

maybe from your perspective it was fine (coming from a heavily modded V) but for him its not what he likes...if that is case prob should just keep stock for a while.

cbloveday
06-24-11, 09:55 PM
He had the same engine and a smaller cam than me. I do agree that he should stay stock and avoid the stress. His call. Good luck with whatever you decide Jeff.

DrumStix
06-25-11, 09:27 AM

When you say acquired it, you mean Jesse bought SB's white V because...

And SB, you are getting your black V modded by Jesse?

wait4me
06-25-11, 10:05 AM
I bought his car for full price and extra because he wanted to go another route and so i helped him go the other route. The car drives very nice for a 700RWHP car. It may be a little jumpy when you hit the gas but that is just because of the super high torque that is not there in a stock engine. I didn't have to buy his car from him, I did it because i felt like it, not that i had to.. I was just helping out a customer so he wouldnt be stuck driving something he felt was too much.. We all love our cars, and if something causes us to no longer love our cars, then we have to make changes so we do. I dont know of any other shop that would offer that kind of after the sale support. I guess that too makes me a bad person...

Lets see, My bad points.

I dont charge much for any part.
I dont charge much for any labor.
I dont charge much for tuning.
I help out people all the time.
Ive donated shit loads of parts to everyone out there.
I always give people alot more than they expect.
I help out other shops to get the cars running like they should and get them parts for a very good price..
I offer free tech support on stuff, even if we didnt sell it to them.
If someone is not happy, i go way out of my way to make them happy, no matter what the cost or things involved.
I explain things and try to target exactly what a customer needs without profit being in my mind. I always talk people into the cheaper routes.
I take care of the people that are in the shop like i would my own best best freind.
I offer my exotic cars for customers to drive around in while they are here in warsaw waiting for thier cars to be finished. "for free"
I have traveled all over the world to customers to help them with something they are stuck on with installs, or tech issues they are having. At NO COST TO THE CUSTOMER. All out of my own pocket just because i want to...

Yup, i guess im a horrible person, with horrible business practices and treat my customers like shit.. I guess that is "Walmart" service like some say...... What other shops out there have done anything close....

Jeff just wants a smooth no shake stock car. So a 255 upper, cold air and tune will be exactly what he gets.

wait4me
06-25-11, 10:16 AM
And another thing is, On jeffs car, we did his whole new engine build for way LESS than the cost of the stock replacement engine. His stock motor was completely trashed with 0 usable parts. And i was still able to get him a whole complete brand new engine put together with texas speed ported ls7 heads, a 1500hp rotating assembly, lsx block, all new pan, covers all around, intake, all the little things like cam, lifters, rockers, pushrods, ect... everything for over 3000 dollars less than the cost of the stock lsa he would have had to purchased.. I wasnt the one that blew up his car. AND i didnt have to help him out. He could have just left his car at the dealer, paid them 15,000 dollars for a new crate engine from gm that they wanted to charge him, and then he would have been 15k out of pocket for a stock car.
I wasnt the shop that did his install originally. So i had no reason at all to help him other than i wanted to.

Instead i helped him, got the car up and running to exactly what i told him i would do. Even when he didnt want the 8000 dollar Heads i had donated to him to save a few days on his build time, i even went and pulled those off and put on the texas speed ones like he wanted. Which cost me even more out of pocket.

So , out of the deal i get a used ctsv for full price with the warrenty that is void that will be turned into a 1400 hp 4cly ecotec engine in it.. Its my money i can waste it how i want...

cbloveday
06-25-11, 10:42 AM
I thought it was because it was such a sweet ride. :)

DrumStix
06-25-11, 01:21 PM
Long explanation....Was just wondering, no need to get defensive. I guess any other responses here will just start a feud so all I will say is I know a lot of shops that accomplish full builds in a week and bend way over backwards for customers.