: What muffler to buy??

BlingBlingCaddy
10-16-04, 12:12 PM
Hey there, I need some help. I don't know anything about exhuast and the like. All I know is that I want my 95 sts to sound lound and mean :lildevil: Which muffler do I buy that would be most economical, least $$$ but with enough sound to keep my nosy neighbors annoyed. Also can simply change the muffler to get the sound or do I need to change all the other pipes and stuff under there. Can someone give me a model name/number of a bad ass muffler so i can order it and have it put on? This wouldn't affect something else in the caddy would it. Hey another question, the leather on the steering wheel is dark and same on the front seats, what dye do I use? is there a model name/number for that? Thanks!!! please, i really would appreciate any help, i live in a jungle in Puerto Rico so there are not people I can't consult with about this--mainly a bunch of yehaw goobers that chew gum and bite on there nails all day. Thanks again and always remember to Bling Bling :D

Your favorite Puerto Rican
Gabe

foo
10-16-04, 12:24 PM
flowmaster 50 series delta flow mufflers for a little louder and better flow with good sound
flowmaster 40 series non delta flow if you want to really annoy your neighbors with big sound or 40 series delta flow for a little less.

BlingBlingCaddy
10-16-04, 12:34 PM
Thanks foo. So I just purchase the muffler, correct? And what's up with all the different inches. How many inches is my muffler cause the flowmaster has several different ones for the same model. Thanks :thumbsup:

chuck jenkins
10-16-04, 01:02 PM
If you want cheap and loud get 2 cherry bomb glasspacks the same lenght of your stock mufflers. After the fiberglass burns out you can really annoy the neighbors.

ShadowLvr400
10-16-04, 01:40 PM
I'd vote Ravin 55 series through Midas. It'll probably be about $330 installed and out the door. Tis what it was on my 97 Eldo. Takes about an hour of work at the muffler shop.

foo
10-16-04, 02:57 PM
You probably need 2.25 or 2.5".. I don't know exactly. mine is 2.5" mufflers.
Sometimes local shops can order the flowmasters for you but it's cheaper ordering them yourself online. Take the car to a shop, ask them what size mufflers you need or go under it yourself and measure with a caliper and a rule and then buy what you need and then take it to the shop and have them put it on.. basically they just cut off your old ones and clamp or weld on new ones.

cadillacstars
10-20-04, 02:59 AM
Remove factory mufflers (freebie). Weld in straight pipe (10 bucks). Top Fuel sound from a Notrhstar... Priceless. :thumbsup:

BlingBlingCaddy
10-21-04, 12:45 PM
Really?? Is that safe to just put the pipes w/o a muffler?

K2K
10-21-04, 01:00 PM
Safe? Yeah.
Loud? Yeah.
Can get annoying after a while? Maybe.
Erection-inducing Northstar rumble? Well worth the annoyance.

K2K
10-21-04, 01:01 PM
There's always magnaflow, too.

I have DynoMax Superturbos, I wish they were a bit louder, I'll probably go up a few noise levels when they wear out in a year or two here.

eldorado1
10-21-04, 03:30 PM
Remove factory mufflers (freebie). Weld in straight pipe (10 bucks). Top Fuel sound from a Notrhstar... Priceless. :thumbsup:

I've got that now... It's relatively quiet inside the cab... Sounds like a 70's musclecar outside. Family tells me they heard me "open it up" 3 blocks away :D It definately sounds good... but not quite what I'm looking for.

Should note that I've still got the cats... It's not a straight pipe :p

Sean McDonald
10-21-04, 06:00 PM
If you want loud and raunchy go with the 40 series non - delta Flow's. I got 2 on mine and it's every bit as loud and mean as you'd want! :coolgleam