: Bent Wheel??

thebigjimsho
06-21-11, 11:55 PM
Hey ghais, I had my V at the dealer for some minor issues and the airbag recall. But I also had a shimmy at highway speeds. Not much, but enough for my anal senses to notice.

So I had them check the suspension and they found my RR wheel had a slight imperfection to it and is out of round. Anyone have this happen on their V2? I'm going to try to get it to a shop I know well for a tech inspection for V Day and see their opinion on the wheel and if it checks out.

thebigjimsho
06-23-11, 09:55 AM
Nobody? Well, that's good, I guess. Work has had me busy the last couple of days. I'm getting the V to another shop to check the wheel before I head to V day. I'm not going down there to not race.

My TSWs came in but my slicks did not. So unless they come in today, I need to run on the stockers. And if the rim is bent...

PhxTriode
06-23-11, 11:40 AM
I had my drivers front bent and nobody could figure out the shimmy at 70mph. Until I took it to a good roadforce balance place, they found the bent rim and fixed it for $100 and she drives like glass.

thebigjimsho
06-23-11, 11:50 AM
I had my drivers front bent and nobody could figure out the shimmy at 70mph. Until I took it to a good roadforce balance place, they found the bent rim and fixed it for $100 and she drives like glass.Good to know. My dealer gave me the number of a local place that fixes wheels. I just didn't have time before V-day. Good to hear they fixed it.

The Tony Show
06-23-11, 12:29 PM
Find yourself a dealer with GSP9700.

http://www.gsp9700.com/

baabootoo
06-23-11, 01:56 PM
Shimmy as in steering wheel? Did they say a bent rear wheel would casue this?

digital1021
06-23-11, 06:04 PM
On my 09 Sedan, I had the FR wheel get damaged, bent, when I hit a pot hole on the edge of the road while cornering at around 60MPH. I didn't realize the damage until getting on the highway. The dealership checked it out and determined the wheel was bent. The wheel and tire coverage took care of the replacement wheel and tire.

~ Matt

haterinc
06-23-11, 08:39 PM
Prevention tip - hit the elliptical and become theavgjimshow lol

thebigjimsho
06-25-11, 10:25 PM
Well, since my track tires didn't make it, I bled the brakes, changed the pads, and changed the oil and diff fluid. Drove to V-Day on Thursday night and Friday morning and decided not to run on the wheel. In talking with some of the guys, including Rob, the head V tech at Lindsay, and he's going to check to make sure it is the wheel.

I like my dealer at home but I wouldn't say they are V experts so since I was down there, I brought the V to Lindsay Cadillac. I also have an oil leak issue(similar to those who had a rear main seal issue) so I figured again to leave it with Lindsay to take care of it.

I'll probably go back down next Saturday to pick up the V as long as it'll be done by then...

I did spend about 5 hours shooting the p00p with guys there. Still was a good time...

rjoffe
06-25-11, 10:51 PM
Always a better bet to play it safe !

thebigjimsho
06-25-11, 11:32 PM
Indeed.