: sub and amp install help for 93 fleetwood

MerkDaddy18
06-21-11, 08:29 PM
i know how to do verything, like what wires go where but i just cant figure out how to get the wires from the trunk to the back of the stereo to the battery...if anybody could help me i would be very greatful

csbuckn
06-21-11, 08:40 PM
Are you talkng about going through the firewall or running wire from the trunk for a new stereo?

MerkDaddy18
06-21-11, 08:48 PM
going through the firewall...and getting through my back seat into the trunk

MerkDaddy18
06-21-11, 08:54 PM
im basically asking where is the firewall and how how do you get to it? also how do i remove the head unit? and how to get into the trunk from the cabin of the car

turbojimmy
06-21-11, 09:03 PM
im basically asking where is the firewall and how how do you get to it? also how do i remove the head unit? and how to get into the trunk from the cabin of the car

The head unit is easy to get out. The trim panel around it just pries off. There are clips that hold it in place. If you're lucky, only a couple of them will fly into the bowels of the dash, never to be seen again. Once the trim is removed, you can see the bolts that hold the head unit in place.

To get from inside to the trunk, you'll have to remove a bunch of trim. If you remove the door sill molding, you can pull the carpet back enough to run wire from front to back. Take out the back seat (it's easy) and tuck it up behind the rear seat back.You should be able to poke it through the insulation into the trunk.

Now I could be wrong, but doesn't the '93 have that funky rear amp arrangement? You might need an adapter to make it all work.

MerkDaddy18
06-21-11, 10:22 PM
Ya it does but it'll all be gravy...thank you

outsider
06-21-11, 10:31 PM
Merk look for my thread where I installed my radio. I took some good pictures. It was on a 95 but it still has the rear amp and stuff.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-21-11, 11:45 PM
you have to push the bottom part of the seat were it meets the floor towards the rear of the car and slightly up on each side to release the seat bottom, then 2 big torx bolts for the seatbelts think its a T45 or T50 torx, lift the rear back part up and remove the seat back, you can feed the wires through that way, youll see the spot.

for the firewall its a lil trickier, i know im using way bigger wire than you but you can still use this spot. under the passenger side dash you will see a big rectangle plug. drill your hole right under that. you need to cut some foam out the way first and make sure you dont hit any wires on the other side the firewall.

heres some pics. thats 2 runs of 0 Gauge by the way, cant even tell its there

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-06-13193708.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-06-13194634.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-06-13194837.jpg

only pic i have from the trunk, the hole is the same on both sides of the vehicle

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-05-24114319-1.jpg

outsider
06-22-11, 09:11 AM
I didn't have to remove my seat but then again i didn't have to stuff any wires into tiny holes like that! I just passed the wiring harness through from the trunk (for the external amp bypass thing)

turbojimmy
06-22-11, 10:01 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/SlimmSaltine/2011-06-13194634.jpg

Nice work. I ran some 4 gauge last week and was eying up that area beneath the rectangular plug. It didn't look like there was a safe place to drill, so I just ran it through the existing grommet on the driver's side. 2 gauge wouldn't have gone through there. It added a few feet to my run, too, which is not spectacular. I may re-do it someday....

csbuckn
06-22-11, 11:30 AM
Most people put the power wire through the firewall on the drivers side because there are better chances of finding a hole. Down by the gas and brake pedal.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-22-11, 12:47 PM
in my case, there are no grommets to fit 0 gauge on either side, let alone two. and when the battery is on the passenger side and the wire cost around $3-4 a foot. i was fine with drilling on the passenger side...I did tie a rope around the wires from that plug and pulled them up in the engine bay so i didnt hit anything.

Stingroo
06-23-11, 06:44 AM
0 gauge eh? What's hiding in your trunk, good sir?

csbuckn
06-23-11, 10:46 AM
Yea Pimpin, you need a project thread too....

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-23-11, 12:52 PM
im in the process with this one, but 2 runs of 0gauge has to feed 2 yellow top optimas in the trunk, 1 optima yellowtop under the hood. which powers 2 viar air compressors for the airbag suspension, 1 125x2 amp, 1 100x4 amp, 2 1500x1 amps, for the 2 Fi audio 18" subs that ima try to fit with the 12 gallon air tank, 8 valves, sound processor, ect ect ect...ill post a thread when i get a lil done

Stingroo
06-23-11, 01:45 PM
Fi 18's. Oh my god. Love love love.

I'm jealous.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-23-11, 06:00 PM
i have almost all of the stuff, once i pay my vogues off, im gonna order my rims, then charge the 3rd optima battery to my work account to pay that off by them taking a cut here and there from my check. then order my wheel adapters and lugnuts/locks/knockoff spinner caps ect

then its fun time. i have to finish my rear deck which involves covering the center section and painting the outer ring i made to match the body.

then i have to at least get the rear airbags installed and wired up. once thats done then I can start building the trunk. to get maximum airspace for the subs im going to fiberglass the floor so i get all the contours for the bottom of the box. then i have to show you guys a cool trick with mirror plexi that im doing for a sign for the decklid when you raise the trunk up. get the alternator boosted up to keep them optimas charged....need more money

Stingroo
06-23-11, 06:02 PM
"Need more money"

Trust me, I know what that feels like. lol