: Question on V center channel speaker...

PJGross
06-21-11, 05:04 PM
Ok, I've searched and read just about everything I can on the subject, but haven't found the post I was looking for. At one point, I thought I had seen it, but now can't locate it.

I'd like to know how to remove the dash panel insert in the top of the dash and what size the stock center channel is and/or what size replacement speaker have people stuffed into the dash?

I haven't seen anyone reference swapping the center channel out when upgrading speakers. Either no one bothers to do anything or they are just cutting the wires and killing it. On the wiring diagram it says it is a summed L+R.

If I go the route of an REQ-5 I may just disconnect it. If, however, I go with something like the JBL MS-8 I will want to use the speaker location, but I won't be using the bose center signal as part of the summing.

I'm hoping with some minor digging, cutting, something like a 4" Focal can be stuffed in there.

Does anyone have any pictures or links for the center speaker?

Thanks,
PJ

RADEoN
06-21-11, 08:30 PM
i want to say it's a 3 inch driver from when i had my dash apart. I actually contemplated the idea of putting a decent 6.5 in there and having a grill mounted nicely on the dash, but i'm kinda iffy on that idea.