: Torque Converter Shaft

Ekindler0584
06-21-11, 03:33 PM
For starters, I am in the middle of replacing head gaskets, and resealing the engine. So far, everything has gone fairly well... But it was getting late last night, and while separating the engine from the transmission, I accidentally bent the small "shaft" inside the main shaft between the torque converter and transmission.

This shaft is about 9 1/2" long, and has a 3/8" hex head on either side of the shaft.

Can someone please help me with a name, or ideally a part number?

Thank You,
Edward S. Kindler

89falcon
06-21-11, 03:41 PM
For starters, I am in the middle of replacing head gaskets, and resealing the engine. So far, everything has gone fairly well... But it was getting late last night, and while separating the engine from the transmission, I accidentally bent the small "shaft" inside the main shaft between the torque converter and transmission.

This shaft is about 9 1/2" long, and has a 3/8" hex head on either side of the shaft.

Can someone please help me with a name, or ideally a part number?

Thank You,
Edward S. Kindler

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/90084-tranny-prob-sheared-pump-shaft.html

"oil pump driven shaft"....aka scavenge pump shaft......
I know, I sheared one.....(I used to be known as Canuck97....but left the forum for years....and forget my user name and password when I came back).....

On the 4T80 tranny, that shaft drives a pump that sucks the trans fluid from the pan up to the rest of the tranny....if it fails (or the pump fails/eats itself), the car won't move. Good call on replacing if it's bent.

The shaft is pretty cheap......

Submariner409
06-21-11, 03:42 PM
Talk to Chris in Parts at Rippy Cadillac - up ^^^ in Vendors or over there >>>

Parts search in www.gmpartsgiant.com

Ekindler0584
06-21-11, 03:51 PM
Thank you VERY much for the prompt answer!