: Sparkplugs and wires on LT1

HUF
06-21-11, 01:47 PM
Yeah, it is time to give it a try. My wires are original. I have just ordered AC Delco 718F wire set for $70 shipped. I also have NKG nice iridium plugs.

Now, when I look at the wires I wish my car had two driver sides and no passenger one! Gents, I know this subject was discussed numerous times, but it never hurts to ask for hints again. I remember thefleetwoodguy could do the wires in 23 seconds and had some cool advice for those who tackle the job for the first time. Could not find the related threads though... So please chime in! Thank you!

turbojimmy
06-21-11, 01:49 PM
I'd like to see thefleetwoodguy's tips, too. I replaced the 2 bad ones on my car (thankfully on the driver's side), but I need to do the rest. Something tells me it would have been easier while I had the Opti out, but I was pressed for time.

outsider
06-21-11, 01:50 PM
I was wondering this too. I had my distributor swapped out recently but my garage (who has never tried to high-ball me or over charge) quoted about 5 hours work for plugs and wires because of how hard it is to get to the passenger side ones so i opted to not have them do the plugs and wires at the time.

I'd like to do them myself, but they do look a little intimidating so I'm interested in the the replies to this too!

HUF
06-21-11, 01:54 PM
I'd like to do them myself, but they do look a little intimidating

a little intimidating.... oh, youth! where have you gone? :)

jayoldschool
06-21-11, 05:51 PM
My advice is trade the NGKs for Delcos ;)

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-21-11, 06:47 PM
get a long extension, jack the passenger side the car up and go through the wheel well...not hard at all

HUF
06-21-11, 06:54 PM
My advice is trade the NGKs for Delcos ;)
I bought a set of delcos and did not like their quality at all. Misadjusted electrodes, random gaps, inaccurate welds... Returned delcos and got NGKs which look perfect to me. Cannot say anything about performance, but the looks of delcos made me sick. Besides, I saw many reports of delco platinums losing the pads. GM offered replacement for original plugs, but I would rather stick with NGKs for now.