: 2011 v leaking diff need help

turbol15
06-21-11, 10:55 AM
ok brought car in 2 weeks ago. gm says maybe some residual oil. bring back in few days to see if it is still leaking. sure enough it is from the bottom two case bolts. Now he is telling me that whole diff has to come out and gasket needs to be replaced/ and or diff if the case porous. I hate the fact that stuff has to be torn apart. Is there someone on the board that can advise me on next step?

I don't want a rebuilt diff. or parts replaced

Domsz06
06-21-11, 12:10 PM
that's what a warranty is for, have them put a new gasket on and call it good and then drive it like you stole it.

asabase
06-21-11, 12:28 PM
What's wrong with a rebuilt one? Your brand new one had problems, so a new one isn't guaranteed to be perfect.

cbloveday
06-21-11, 12:33 PM
Let them fix it under warranty. You have no recourse.

turbol15
06-21-11, 12:58 PM
if the case is flawed then they need to replace the whole damn thing. not move pieces from one diff to the other. will lead to more problems down the road imo. i hate the fact they need to rip shit apart to get to the diff. its like a car thats been hit its never really the same.

baabootoo
06-21-11, 01:49 PM
Well, you could clean it and seal it yourself too. Then check the fluid level, and "drive it like you want it to last". I agree that this shouldn't have happened on a new car either, since they are SUPPOSED to be inspected PRIOR to delivery. I'd look at the pre-delivery inspection sheet and complain against that dude! Again, it SHOULD be included with your paperowk in ther glovebox; if they do this for Cadillacs that is.

turbol15
06-21-11, 03:55 PM
anyone know how long something like this takes to fix?

Domsz06
06-21-11, 04:05 PM
anyone know how long something like this takes to fix?

If it's just a gasket an hour 2 tops if it's a slow tech.

If it's the whole diff for a new one prob half a day to day tops.

I know they changed my diff fluid in my car and new gasket before noon.

turbol15
06-21-11, 06:54 PM
just 2 hrs? gm making me think its an all day procedure.doesnt the whole case need to come apart to get to the gasket? he showed me where it was leaking on the bottom 2 bolts. it seems like the axles so on and so forth need to be moved.