View Full Version : What badge for my Car ? conflicting information...........

06-21-11, 04:13 AM
I'm trying to put the correct rear quarter panel badges on our 66 convertible - so I started searching the net only to find conflicting information everywhere.
I'd just like to know which is correct ? The big "DE" or the small one ?
This forum has been a great help with the restoration so far - thanks in advacne to anyone who knows and can help :)

06-21-11, 04:22 AM
According to those listings, the big "De" is for the convertible, and the small one is except/excluding convertibles.

First link: Quarter Panel Emblem, 1965-70 "DeVille" Convertible (Script)
Second link: Quarter Panel Emblem, 1965-70 "DeVille" (Script) exc. convertible

06-21-11, 02:33 PM
Non convertible de Villes always had badges that said either "Coupe" or "Sedan" before the "de Ville" script, so the "d" was lower case. Convertible models did not have "Sedan" or "Coupe" badges, so the "D" in "de Ville" was capitalized, making it "De Ville".

06-21-11, 03:44 PM
Ahh, it all makes sense now.

06-22-11, 02:14 AM
Brilliant ! thanks guys - that DOES make sense - I completely missed that "ex" meant "except/excluding" - DOH !
Once again this brilliant forum to my rescue :)
Go buy yourselves both a beer and send me the bill - I imagine it will be a couple of Buds ?

06-22-11, 03:52 AM

Junkyard in California specializing in all year Cadillacs. Guaranteed they'll have a few of these badges, and they'll be proud of them as well.