: Some cool Cadillac Racing swag!!

transam79
06-21-11, 01:04 AM
Was at the Cadillac event at MSR Houston a few weeks ago and they had all of the new Cadillac Racing apparel on hand. The link to the website is: www.cadillacracingcollection.com.

I liked everything so much I bought one of each! :thumbsup:

Prof
06-21-11, 07:07 AM
Well your endorsement was effective...I too purchased some of their gear...nice site well planned and very intuitive. I like well designed equipment, concepts and web sites!

Domsz06
06-21-11, 07:08 AM
wow pretty nice. Might have to get a hat.

EVIL_C5
06-21-11, 07:32 AM
damn you....lol I already spent like 200 bucks from cadillac collection and bought a shirt and hat from autopride....lol

im a sucker for swag....

EVIL_C5
06-21-11, 07:54 AM
was about to place an order, and their website does not encrypt the credit card transaction....very very bad.....

their contact us states this:
Our website uses SSL Security for Web Transactions When you click Check Out, you enter a secure area of the camarocollection.com web site. Most browsers indicate security by a closed padlock or an unbroken key in your status bar.

but yet when you get to the point where you enter your CC number, its not a secure session.....

550HP STSV
06-21-11, 09:16 AM
who cares? you arent liable for any unauthorized transactions on your credit card anyhow. if hackers want to steal your info, they are going to get it regardless of the encription. sony, anyone?

RippyPartsDept
06-21-11, 09:22 AM
not to nitpick or anything but ...

swag (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotional_item)= Stuff We All Get

those bags of stuff you get at an event or party... that everyone gets...

... just sayin' ... carry on

EVIL_C5
06-21-11, 09:22 AM
who cares? you arent liable for any unauthorized transactions on your credit card anyhow. if hackers want to steal your info, they are going to get it regardless of the encription. sony, anyone?

okee dokee....so lets just give them the keys to the kingdom and keep the blinders on.

I will at least make an effort to keep whats mine secure and not have to expend time and energy with banks trying to fill out fraud paperwork trying to get charges removed.

I was just making a personal observation about the security of the transaction.

the PCI DSS states that:

Protect Cardholder Data
3. Protect stored cardholder data

4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks

short of that, anyone is welcome to send their information over the web, but im not going to.

Wannago
06-21-11, 09:46 AM
^ Agree.

Just phone them and place the order

RippyPartsDept
06-21-11, 09:48 AM
Is it possible that the page has mixed content? and that they are protecting (encrypting) the customer data?

EVIL_C5
06-21-11, 09:58 AM
Is it possible that the page has mixed content? and that they are protecting (encrypting) the customer data?

the browser does not indicate this....I have not really dug too much into it because at 1st glance it appears not to be secure.

when you enter your CC number (I made up a number just to see) and hit continue, the session is still not encrypted and it displays back your trunicated CC number and other PII, thus leads me to think its not protected.....again, just my observation....caveat emptor

RippyPartsDept
06-21-11, 10:04 AM
As far as I know the browser only indicates when a whole page is encrypted... to find out if the form is encrypted you would have to be running some sort of packet sniffing tool like Wireshark to see if the credit card number you typed in came across in the clear

although you could be right... it would be very weird though given their security statement on the website

bludevl80
06-21-11, 10:06 AM
makes me want to own a CTS

EVIL_C5
06-21-11, 10:21 AM
I called and ordered, but something tells me they enter it into the exact same system.....

I did not wireshark it, but will when I get some free time, just for my own personal satisfaction.

but in my experience, a partially encrypted session is just encrypting the session ID cookie, and a man in the middle attack can still occur....

/network security 101......lol

i will now go back to my coloring book....

68ragtop69
06-21-11, 10:35 AM

WOW!!! I'm surprised you just don't include your SSN, birth date and Credit Card info in your signature block!!!

As a customer, why should I have to jump through hoops with my credit card company to get unauthorized transactions canceled just because a vendor was negligent!! There other sites seem to be secure and are working as stated.

RippyPartsDept
06-21-11, 11:03 AM
yeah, the MITM can happen under almost any circumstance

PhxTriode
06-21-11, 11:08 AM
Very cool

GizmoQ
06-23-11, 04:00 AM
I'll stick with the Team Cadillac stuff

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/th_teamcadillachat2a.jpg (http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/?action=view&current=teamcadillachat2a.jpg)http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/th_teamcadillachata.jpg (http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/?action=view&current=teamcadillachata.jpg)http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/th_TeamCadillachat3a.jpg (http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/CadillacForums/?action=view&current=TeamCadillachat3a.jpg)

Kluch
06-23-11, 06:59 AM
Please post a link to where we can buy the team cadillac stuff. Thanks. Thats a nice hat

GizmoQ
06-23-11, 12:06 PM
Please post a link to where we can buy the team cadillac stuff. Thanks. Thats a nice hat

PM Sent.

EVIL_C5
06-23-11, 12:51 PM
can i get a pm too...thanks

RippyPartsDept
06-23-11, 01:01 PM
why not just tell us all? what's the secret? is it not licensed apparel or something?

550HP STSV
06-23-11, 09:26 PM
gizmo, send it this way

thatcoder
06-23-11, 10:39 PM
Did anyone order "Cadillac Racing Core Pique Sport Polo"? Is the material more like a golf polo?

Prof
06-23-11, 10:50 PM
Purchased some merchandise on the 21st...arrived today...nice tee-shirts!

GizmoQ
06-23-11, 11:54 PM
why not just tell us all? what's the secret? is it not licensed apparel or something?

No skulduggery here. I just don't want to break any forum :rules:.

I have a friend on another forum who picked up a bunch during the 2011 ALMS Sebring race. He is an avid Corvette Racing fan and now CTS-V Coupe Racing. He also got Andy Pilgrim to sign a bunch. He has a thread offering to sell them over there, but would need vendor status to do it over here.

can i get a pm too...thanks

gizmo, send it this way

EVIL C5 empty your PM box.
550 - PM sent

Wannago
06-24-11, 08:30 AM
I wouldn't mind a PM too please, if you would?

Tks

khoeysr
06-24-11, 08:53 AM
As far as the stuff goes, I ordered the polo shirt, the windjacket and the lanyard. Arrived quickly, good stuff. Glad I was tipped off to the possibilty.

RippyPartsDept
06-24-11, 10:44 AM
No skulduggery here. I just don't want to break any forum :rules:

i don't think there's a difference if you post it publicly or get people to PM you... maybe i'm wrong but i seem to remember someone getting a 'slap on the wrist' for doing something very similar

anyways, i don't really care - i just get curious when people don't post up information publicly for everyone

Kluch
06-24-11, 10:49 AM
As far as the stuff goes, I ordered the polo shirt, the windjacket and the lanyard. Arrived quickly, good stuff. Glad I was tipped off to the possibilty.

How's the windjacket in particular? I ordered a few t-shirts the other day. Also interested in the jacket. Does it run pretty true to size? I usually wear a large, but when buying online I've had varying success.

SleepTight
06-25-11, 12:24 PM
Got my polo shirt today. Great fit and waaaaay better quality than the polo shirt off the official Cadillac site. Also they shipped within two days, while the official Cadillac vendor took over a month. I'd buy again.

EVIL_C5
06-25-11, 02:54 PM
My stuff was here when I got home today. I got the lanyard, tshirt, and 2 hats and the stuff is really nice!I should have got the polo, but I have probably spend 400 dollars on v stuff lately ....ug

GizmoQ
06-25-11, 03:24 PM
Team Cadillac must be popular. I see them now on eBay. Disregard my PMs and get them here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Cadillac-Hats-/290581399047?pt=US_Hats&hash=item43a8004607