: Cadillac CTS-V Convertible - First Look! From Road and Track

Harry_Wild
06-21-11, 12:41 AM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/first/cadillac-cts-v-convertible

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/media/images/fl_cadillac-cts-v-convertible_span/2474552-1-eng-US/fl_cadillac-cts-v-convertible_span.jpg
For the roof, instead of cloth, we speculate that it would employ a retractable hardtop, la the XLR—Cadillac’s last convertible.

By Carter Jung / Photo-Illustration by Motor Forecast

May 12, 2011

"Officially, a convertible version of the CTS-V hasn’t been announced by Cadillac.

However, considering the CTS-V is currently available in every other automotive form (sedan, coupe and wagon), a convertible version seems plausible. For the roof, instead of cloth, we speculate that it would employ a retractable hardtop, la the XLR—Cadillac’s last convertible. Assumptions on the safe side of the spectrum would have the convertible utilizing the CTS-V’s supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 capable of 556 bhp. Despite its antiquated pushrod technology, the LS engine has proven durable and quite capable."

I am just hoping Cadillac makes this into a roadster as the replacement for the XLR-V! Cadillac could use the shape of the roof line of the XLR for the retractible hardtop roof. Cadillac could design a very attractive roadster if they did that! I would love to purchasing this in either a hardtop CTS-V convertible or a CTS AWD convertible; it will be hard to decide which model to go with. A CTS-V AWD convertible would be the perfect CTS. It could go up against the Audi RS5 and similar Mercedes SLs as well as upcoming Jaguar convertibles! Plus, it is reasonable cheap to just expand it to this additional model from the existing coupe!

I am assuming they use the rear seats for the retractable hardtop roof so it will be only two seater. Not the four seater pictured here.

LV_V
06-21-11, 12:56 AM
Repost.

thebigjimsho
06-21-11, 09:19 AM
Yeah, this subforum gets so many hits, you need to check at least 5-6 pages if you think you're posting anything "new". Come on guys, these V forums finds anything V long before the general public does. You need to check before posting "new" threads.

My father, who watches American Chopper every week, was gushing about the V bike build and telling me all about it...as if I would never have known. lulz...

bludevl80
06-21-11, 10:08 AM
they could base it off the coupe and it would be a nice looking car... :)

Razorecko
06-21-11, 10:11 AM
they could base it off the coupe and it would be a nice looking car... :)

Only if it came in a self retracting hardtop =)

Ross L
06-21-11, 10:52 AM
heavier with even less structural ridigity.. perfect. IMO, no.

RippyPartsDept
06-21-11, 11:12 AM
i said it before, and i'll say it again:

not gonna happen... simple as that

CTS convertible was already done by someone and showed at sema i think
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/231950-forgive-me.html

found via: Google search for "cts convertible" restricted to this site withing the last month (http://www.google.com/#q=cts+convertible+site:cadillacforums.com&hl=en&tbo=1&prmd=ivns&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:m&sa=X&ei=-bQATq_eH9G1tgeBven9Dg&ved=0CBkQpwUoBA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=905e9081899b75b1&biw=1680&bih=839)

Umrswimr
06-21-11, 11:21 AM
Well, it WILL eliminate the headroom issue in the current coupe. :lol:

550HP STSV
06-21-11, 01:25 PM
CTS-V, all wheel drive, convertible.

lol.

zirotti
06-21-11, 08:25 PM
This is why I hate GM. They take something good and continue to whore it out until the model is ruined.

thebigjimsho
06-21-11, 11:44 PM
This is why I hate GM. They take something good and continue to whore it out until the model is ruined.Well then, I hate you. Because it's not happening. Goober...

BLEWBYUWIT6.2
06-22-11, 01:34 AM
an AWD CTS-V would own on so many levels ....id take that option

khoeysr
06-22-11, 12:13 PM
I think I recall a GM engineer saying the car would never become a convertible because of weight and rigidity issues. I think all this stuff is somebody's fantasy.

garfin
06-22-11, 08:12 PM
I think I recall a GM engineer saying the car would never become a convertible because of weight and rigidity issues. I think all this stuff is somebody's fantasy.

Yeah... I don't recall ever hearing that Road & Track editors had been invited to sit in on Cadillac product planning meetings...:rolleyes:

Best regards,

Elie

Busabob
06-22-11, 11:41 PM
Uhhhh, I don't know. Kinda reminds me of the Pontiac G6 convertible