: Recaro vs Stand seats - Headroom

CrystalRed11
06-20-11, 10:35 PM
We are looking to pick up a V in the next week or so. I'm about 6'5" and sat in a sedan with and without Recaros. It seems that the recaros had less headroom. I know they are 14 way adjustable but it seemed that the seat didn't go down any further. Was I don't something wrong with the seat adjustments? I really don't want to get the seats and have to have a way back lean to I feel like I have headroom. I did try to search for this and I just found a thread about the coupe. Or I just suck at working seats and searching! Thanks for any input.

elphil
06-20-11, 10:56 PM
The sunroof will make some difference in headroom.

thebigjimsho
06-20-11, 11:03 PM
Quite a difference. I'm 6'1 and fit fine in my sedan w/ Recaro''''''''s and moonroof.

RafCon
06-21-11, 01:14 AM
I went without the sunroof to maximize headroom. 6'1" and I fit just fine.

M5eater
06-21-11, 06:20 AM
6' 3-4" here

Sunroof delete will add another 2-2.5" of clearance, I opted for it and still have about as much room as the other vehicles I've owned, which is to say very little, but I'm not cramped with my head tilted. I could probally still lower the reccarros' another inch or so.

saying this, I wouldn't doubt the standard seats have more head-room, there's less bolstering and depth which im sure allows an extra .5-1"

Trapspeed
06-21-11, 07:15 AM
I'm 6'2"-6'3" with standard seats and UV roof and have no issues at all.

CrystalRed11
06-21-11, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys. Went and looked at the again and drove them. I have about an extra inch and a half in the standard seats. I love the way the recaros feel and the seat fans but I have to lean the seat back a bunch to feel not so cramped.

DrMongo
07-09-11, 01:01 PM
Tried every permutation prior to ordering my '12' coupe. The Recaros are more heavily bolstered obviously and do offer approx 1.5" less headroom in all body styles. I'm 6'4" and do not fit in the cpe with Recaros and the roof. Without the roof I have approx 1" of headroom first thing in the am (remember we shrink over the course of the day but .5-.75").

BeagleBrains
07-09-11, 01:07 PM
6' 3-4" here. Sunroof delete ..l add ... 2-2.5" of clearance, I opted for it .. ...... .
6' 3-4"! I have the Recaros. Reclining the seat back effectively adds a couple of inches of head room as well as leg room.
Quite comfortable.

MSOsr
07-09-11, 08:01 PM
I'm 6'3" and just bought the coupe, Recaros, with the roof. I went to a nearby dealer and sat in one and headroom was as good or better that was available on my 2005 V sedan. Go sit in one and see for yourself, even though the numbers look bad.

Mike

Squirlz
07-09-11, 09:10 PM
This is kind of funny. I've been in the MINI Cooper community for six and a half years. I have a friend who is 6 foot 7 and he fits in his just fine. Even with a helmet on! They are amazing little cars. But I can't wait until my V-wagon gets here!

DrumStix
07-09-11, 11:10 PM
I'm a little over 6'5" and can just fit with a helmet having standard seats and the UV roof. It was tighter in the Recaros as I remember and that is ultimately why I decided against them. I cannot fit in a coupe. My options are often limited in car selection. Thank God for the V sedan.