: How satisfied are you with your V?

hulksdaddy
06-20-11, 09:54 PM
Reason I ask is this: love my car EXCEPT......this steering thing is taking away from it. Pretty sure that the rack is bad. I'd tell them to change the rack out, and I'd pay if I'm wrong, that's how sure I am.

I know some guys have really had the fun sucked out(tbss08), but, overall, how do you all feel? This is not a ra ra/bash thread, just an overview as to how we feel about our vehicles, have they met our expectations.

-Hulk

xRUSTYx
06-20-11, 10:01 PM
I'm "Almost" Completely satisfied ... I'll be completely satisfied if when I pick up my car tomorrow, there is no clicking from the driver side front wheel ....

zirotti
06-20-11, 10:38 PM
Favorite car I've owned so far!

thebigjimsho
06-20-11, 11:00 PM
My '09 has been excellent...so far...

neuronbob
06-20-11, 11:26 PM
Completely satisfied.

hlantin
06-21-11, 12:35 AM
great car to own and drive...

ajjones44
06-21-11, 01:53 AM
I love it except for a few annoyances. There is no other car on the market I would want.....except for the wagon :)

Domsz06
06-21-11, 05:47 AM
Love it!

M5eater
06-21-11, 06:16 AM
Completly. The only nags I have are interior buzes at <1400 miles and brake dust..

Prof
06-21-11, 06:50 AM
Nearly 40k in a little over 2 years...amazing vehicle...Past owner of Porsche, Mercedes...they were not even close in satisfaction, excitement, or potential. I keep thinking...when I get rid of this vehicle, what am I going to do with the engine...because it will be mine forever!!!

Q8 6.2
06-21-11, 08:29 AM
More satisfied than not

Motor and interior is first class but outside I think this is one ugly car haha yeh my mind was cloude with that motor and the unlocked PCM when I went to buy it so I just closed my eyes and signd the papers sorry but true... I'm still waiting for it to grow on me didn't happen yet..

If cady wants to sell more of these Vs they should give it that big bad wolf look it should have body color everything 20 inch wheels slightly wider tires 4 exhaust tips and please do something with that face it looks like a hamster :)

EVIL_C5
06-21-11, 08:38 AM
as other have said, a few quirks in the car that are annoying, but overall its hands down the best GM car I have owned, and I have had a few of them.

I wish I could get the rear clicking to stop, and the last day or 2, I have noticed a groaning coming from the rear as I turn slowly.

My plan is to keep this car a while, so it would be nice to not have any issues, but I know thats not realistic.

thebigjimsho
06-21-11, 09:29 AM
More satisfied than not

Motor and interior is first class but outside I think this is one ugly car haha yeh my mind was cloude with that motor and the unlocked PCM when I went to buy it so I just closed my eyes and signd the papers sorry but true... I'm still waiting for it to grow on me didn't happen yet..

If cady wants to sell more of these Vs they should give it that big bad wolf look it should have body color everything 20 inch wheels slightly wider tires 4 exhaust tips and please do something with that face it looks like a hamster :)I think you're dehydrated. You're just talking goofy now...

Q8 6.2
06-21-11, 09:41 AM
I think you're dehydrated. You're just talking goofy now...

Hahaha I wish you were rite but unfortunately this has always been in the back of my mind this car is just plane looking not aggressive looking to match that V logo.

js615
06-21-11, 09:45 AM
Thanks to the Internet, everyone's a critic these days.

ItsJustMyCaddy
06-21-11, 12:52 PM
More satisfied than not

If cady wants to sell more of these Vs they should give it that big bad wolf look it should have body color everything 20 inch wheels slightly wider tires 4 exhaust tips and please do something with that face it looks like a hamster :)

If you want 4 "exhaust tips" get an IS-F:suspense:

neuronbob
06-21-11, 01:31 PM
Ugly? Really? Have you ever seen a 2009-2011 Acura TL? Now THAT'S ugly. I won't share a picture because some of you out west are still eating lunch. To each, his own, though...

cbloveday
06-21-11, 01:38 PM
"TOO MUCH POWER" should be an option. :)

Domsz06
06-21-11, 04:24 PM
I think you're dehydrated. You're just talking goofy now...

me thinks so too!

CTSV4now
06-21-11, 04:49 PM
Only complaint is the squeaky driver's seat, but turning up the radio usually fixes it.

mik2718
06-21-11, 07:51 PM
Comparing my CTS-V with other cars which exist, I'm completely satisfied. Compared to a CTS-V with a HUD, I'm not quite completely satisfied.

Ronsv
06-21-11, 10:34 PM
Best blend of performance, style and comfort outside of a mega bucks exotic. I am very much enjoying my new V2, completely satisfied!

EricVonHa
06-22-11, 12:32 AM
I'd definitely buy one again. A few things I would change and enhance in comparison to the German offerings:

The Bose sound system lacks audio quality. GM should offer something else. The lack of dsp control (off!) is disappointing. And there should be more eq control.

The panoramic sunscreen is a joke and flaps in the breeze. A more solid panel is warranted

More structural integrity needs to be added to the lower rear valance area behind the wheels. Whatever u-channel is there only serves as a stone catcher.

No window up/down control from the remote? Really?

Other than the above; it is awe inspiring every time I get in it and push the loud pedal HARD!

Junkie414
06-22-11, 01:26 AM
LOVE the car but there are several things I dont like

-headliner, why the hell cant I have a black headliner to match my interior!?
-small noises the car makes
-sun roof shade thing, noisy and just an overall shit design
-blower setup could have used some more engineering IMHO
-why cant the base model seats have AC?

Overall this thing is leaps and bounds better then me V1, a real amazing car! There is more they could have done for the money they cost though IMHO

khoeysr
06-22-11, 08:39 AM
No problems or complaints at all with either my 09 sedan or my 11 coupe. Awesome cars both.

EVIL_C5
06-22-11, 08:51 AM
LOVE the car but there are several things I dont like

-headliner, why the hell cant I have a black headliner to match my interior!?
-small noises the car makes
-sun roof shade thing, noisy and just an overall shit design
-blower setup could have used some more engineering IMHO
-why cant the base model seats have AC?

Overall this thing is leaps and bounds better then me V1, a real amazing car! There is more they could have done for the money they cost though IMHO

all excellent points....

gm must have got a SUPER DUPER deal on tan headliner material, because every car I have had over the last several years has had the lame tan headliner no matter if it was black interior, grey, or tan.....

maybe at some point it will run out like that last roll of toilet paper in the bathroom....lol

Q8 6.2
06-22-11, 09:02 AM
I know it looks like your in a cheap car I fixed it car looks really nice especially at night

cid:90F155E6-E01A-48FC-B289-CA2C0AD066BF/photo.JPG

Q8 6.2
06-22-11, 09:18 AM
ooops :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
06-22-11, 09:35 AM
A hamster with a toupee. All right...

JFJr
06-22-11, 10:26 AM
If cady wants to sell more of these Vs they should give it that big bad wolf look it should have body color everything 20 inch wheels slightly wider tires 4 exhaust tips and please do something with that face it looks like a hamster :)You forgot about those wheel inserts that keep rotating when the car is stopped, the ever-popular vinyl roof covering and neon lighting underneath the car.:lildevil:

Rabbitctsv
06-22-11, 03:50 PM
Wish i had a rear view camera, wish it had push button starter and not a plastic key like my little girls powerwheels, and wish i was done with all my engine mods.

Domsz06
06-22-11, 04:38 PM
Wish i had a rear view camera, wish it had push button starter and not a plastic key like my little girls powerwheels, and wish i was done with all my engine mods.

I agree with everything you just said!

Life@60
06-22-11, 05:10 PM
Overall the car is awesome> It just has a few downfalls which I don't know why GM went cheap on. The rotors should of been zinc coated, The ambient lighting for the under dash and back seats should of stayed, The dash lights should be on a separate line so when you dim the dash lights the ambient lights would stay bright. The fog lamps insert should of been painted to match the the car color and on the honeycomb on the back. A little bit throaty exhaust would be great. All and all great car. I have own a V1, 2010 V sedan and now the V coupe.

caol
06-23-11, 05:30 AM
Hi all,

As I am one of only a few Swiss CTS-V Wagon owners (I haven't seen an other wagen in the meantime) I miss a bigger glovebox an more storage place for
small things as eyeglasses or other things. (I had previously a 300C Touring with much more space). The door handle (not the one to open the door) is of lousy
quality it's creaking while closing the door (must be better fixed/glued).
But up to now, it's a great understatement car.

Greez, caol

Caddy Wagon
06-23-11, 05:46 AM
Hi all,

As I am one of only a few Swiss CTS-V Wagon owners (I haven't seen an other wagen in the meantime)...

Do you have red or clear tail lights? If they are clear did they come on the car, and do you have a picture you could post?

Busabob
06-23-11, 07:14 AM
I'm almost completely satisfied. Just a few quirks/desired changes, many have already been mentioned.....

A6 is an afterthought (dual clutch?)
Direct Injection?
Sunroof is a problem.....will continue to be a problem.
Wheel Clicking
Should be push button start
Fog lights should be HID
Real carbon interior trim
Back-up camera

In the end GM makes cars with big motors, that's what we got.

caol
06-23-11, 01:55 PM
Hi, my CTS-V wagon has the original red tail lights, it was imported from canada. Here in Switzerland, the wagon is not yet
officially available, maybe late this year, maybe next year, and that was defintely too late for me ;).

Greez, Caol

nsaness
06-23-11, 07:19 PM
Love mine! 70,000 hard driven miles on mine. Never did anything to it but oil changes. I am due for a new one in a few months. I will (again) drive all the competitors, but can't imagine anything else even comes close in what I want in a car. We won't even talk about bang for the buck, Caddy is a clear winner there too.

RLJ676
06-23-11, 07:24 PM
Perfect car? Probably not. Best I could buy now for the money, by far! Only complaint you'll hear from me is the mileage, but that's the price you pay for LSA power......

Completely satisfied.

thebigjimsho
06-25-11, 10:12 PM
Love mine! 70,000 hard driven miles on mine. Never did anything to it but oil changes. I am due for a new one in a few months. I will (again) drive all the competitors, but can't imagine anything else even comes close in what I want in a car. We won't even talk about bang for the buck, Caddy is a clear winner there too.70,000 already? Wow. Hard to believe it's been 19 months since meeting when I first got my '09...

aj660
06-26-11, 01:27 AM
Love my car, especially with the extra HP. I do wish the coupe was a bit lighter.

turbol15
06-26-11, 06:14 AM
should have kept my reliant