: First accident

outsider
06-20-11, 10:10 PM
Some old guy from California side swiped my 87 tonight. Funny thing is there was a cop right behind him who saw everything. Double turning lane and the guy didn't even look or signal he just cut the wheel and came into my lane and boom, hit his nose into my door, bounced off and then scrapped along the side of my car.

Damage: scratched a good deal of paint off the driver door and a good sized dent in the front fender right infront of the driver's door.

Damage to his car: front clip and fender no longer line up, or anywhere close to lining up. His passenger side front and side door are scraped to hell and dented.

My fix will be easy and his insurance should hopefully cut me a check, which will be all profit minus my time to fix the problems :) I already have all the paint and supplies needed for the repair so :)

Main thing is nobody was hurt and we were able to shake hands and drive away afterwards, no hard feelings.

cadillac_al
06-21-11, 08:33 AM
Whew, at least it wasn't the purple people cruiser

outsider
06-21-11, 09:45 AM
Here's a pic of the damage.
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/CadillacMatt/IMG00746-20110621-0811.jpg

turbojimmy
06-21-11, 09:54 AM
Double turning lane and the guy didn't even look or signal he just cut the wheel and came into my lane

I HATE that. We have a few of those around here and nobody seems to understand the concept of a double turning lane. They get in the left lane when they want to turn right 50 feet later, and vise versa. They just point the car where they want to be, and then get pissed when someone happens to be in their way.

Glad the damage was light and you had a reliable witness.

pompste
06-21-11, 10:21 AM
At least the cop was in the right place and no one was hurt.We all have to watch out for the older drivers since many are on meds and really should`nt be driving at all.
I was driving behind an elderly couple the other day and the one driving was veering in and out of both lanes.I would have normally passed them and given a courtesy honk to make the driver more alert,but i did`nt want to take a chance of him veering into my Caddy.

outsider
06-21-11, 03:31 PM
Just got off the phone with his insurance company and they are going to send someone out to assess the damages either by the end of the week or Monday at the latest and then cut me a check for the damages. The guy admitted fault (not like he could have denied it with a cop witnessing the whole thing.) and his insurance company, all-state, promised to make it right. They even offered me a rental car in the mean time but I told them it wasn't needed since I have 2 more Cadillacs waiting for their own driving time. :D

Looks like this will be fixed fairly quickly and everything should work out in the end.

thefleetwoodguy
06-21-11, 04:00 PM
are you sure your neck doesnt hurt a little? :devil:

outsider
06-21-11, 04:11 PM
Haha. Now that you mention it...I should go pick up a neck brace for when the appraiser comes by :D

csbuckn
06-21-11, 08:25 PM
Ha, that would be funny to see his face when he rolls up. Neck brace and a cane...

Cadillacboy
06-25-11, 11:54 AM
Sorry to hear about this incident but it's lovely to see everything gets on your way , I wish you happy safe driving

CADforce69
06-26-11, 09:54 PM
Iīm glad to know you are safe and sound and your car repair will be easy. For once the cop was where he should be :D

cadillac kevin
06-26-11, 10:31 PM
I HATE that. We have a few of those around here and nobody seems to understand the concept of a double turning lane. They get in the left lane when they want to turn right 50 feet later, and vise versa. They just point the car where they want to be, and then get pissed when someone happens to be in their way.

Glad the damage was light and you had a reliable witness.
2 of my accidents have been from that (people not knowing how to use a double turn lane). other driver wasnt paying attention and drove into my vehicle

outsider
06-28-11, 05:11 PM
So they were supposed to have a guy out here to look at the damages by monday at the latest. Monday after work I tried calling and got voicemail and today they called and said "Could you get an estimate and fax it to us instead?"

So I went down to some random body shop...named ACME body shop (no kidding...) and they quoted it at around $720.00 to fix.

cadillac kevin
06-28-11, 10:39 PM
I'd get a couple more quotes and fax them the highest one.

CADforce69
06-29-11, 06:36 AM
Yeah, if they donīt care about their money, why should you care? :lol:

outsider
06-29-11, 09:40 AM
I would have but it's a slippery slope with this car...I didn't want them to total it and I have a feeling anything over $1,000 would have been considered totaled.

Plus there's not many body shops around here, I just took it to the only one I know of for an estimate. I just want the money ;)