: New guy here.... picking up my V in a day or so...

taken
06-20-11, 10:09 PM
Hi all. Just thought I would introduce myself. Went into my local Chevy dealer to look into a new Camaro. Had bought my work van from them last winter and was treated really well, so thought I would give them first shot at my next deal. My wife and I have a pickup, my van, and she usually drives our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland that we bought new 3 years ago next month. We use the truck to pull our travel trailer and sometimes bring our boat along with us. The Jeep performed well as second tow vehicle. Well, with the new van in the stable, we really didn't need the Jeep anymore as the van could pull tow duty the couple times a year when we take both toys. So, my wife tells me she always wanted a muscle car. Growing up I restored a 69 Camaro, so for me the choice was obvious. Well, we test drove the new Camaro and were very impressed. It was simple in the way a muscle car is, but very fun. When we pulled back in to the dealer I noticed a 2010 CTS-V sedan in the lineup. I didn't think much about it as it wasn't what we were there for to see. So, home we went to think about the Jeep for Camaro trade. The next morning I got up early and went online to look at the pics of the Camaro again and stumbled across the V's pics. Well, by the time the wife woke up, I had decided to see if I could interest her. By that night we had decided to head down for a look and test drive. Yesterday we took it for a ride and were sold. So, I guess I'm joining the club with you all! 2010, Raven Black, 6 speed, moonroof, wood trim pkg, Recaro's, polished rims. 9700 miles. $51,944. Gave us Kelly plus on the Jeep trade, so I'm thinking we did pretty well. Clean, 1 owner, no issue Carfax too. Should be detailed and ready to go in a day or so. Am looking forward to learning what I can here and contributing what I find as well........

js615
06-20-11, 10:41 PM
Congrats and welcome to the party!! Sounds like a beauty! and I'm sure the car looks great too!

Trapspeed
06-20-11, 10:45 PM
Welcome and enjoy! I'm in my second month of ownership and haven't looked back. A great car.

shade
06-21-11, 12:06 AM
Dont even wait a day - go get a pulley and have your tuner lined up

BOYCHIKS
06-21-11, 12:15 AM
Sounds like you got a good deal! Congrats.

RafCon
06-21-11, 02:10 AM
I waited 5 years for the Camaro convertible and stumbled on the V Coupe. I knew right away. When you get yours, post the pictures. Welcome to the family!

taken
06-21-11, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Haven't searched the board for perf upgrades but that was coming soon. I assumed a tuner would be the place to start. I have one for my truck, an 09 F250 with a V10. HUGE difference. Not only in HP and TQ numbers, but the drive by wire was improved and the limiters shut off. The trans was tweaked as well. So where do I start in that department for the V? I'm starting from scratch here, so any help would be really appreciated! Will work on pics when she comes home. I get to pick it up probably tomorrow. Then the wife gets to take it to work the next day. Sharing and all. LOL.

Domsz06
06-21-11, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Haven't searched the board for perf upgrades but that was coming soon. I assumed a tuner would be the place to start. I have one for my truck, an 09 F250 with a V10. HUGE difference. Not only in HP and TQ numbers, but the drive by wire was improved and the limiters shut off. The trans was tweaked as well. So where do I start in that department for the V? I'm starting from scratch here, so any help would be really appreciated! Will work on pics when she comes home. I get to pick it up probably tomorrow. Then the wife gets to take it to work the next day. Sharing and all. LOL.

First off welcome!! You will love this car. Get a pulley right away like Shade said. Then the car will come from GM the way it should have been IMO. The pulley really wakes up the car. Tune... well there are some great vendors, all the members here have their personal favorites, and it can bring in some heated debates, so I suggest you do your research (google tends to work better to search then searching this thread) and just forum your own opinion. Lots of good deals to be had on this site.

Best of luck, and go have some fun! :)

taken
06-21-11, 10:10 AM
So, which pulley am I changing? Are there options for replacement or just one? Can I swap it myself?

Domsz06
06-21-11, 10:51 AM
So, which pulley am I changing? Are there options for replacement or just one? Can I swap it myself?

2 options, upper or lower.

Lower is a DIY'r takes about 6-8 hours. yes lower has options. 8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 9.5, 10.... Just gotta decide how much boost ya want.

Upper is pressed on or off unless you buy another snout with it already on and then it's a DIY'r.

bludevl80
06-21-11, 11:10 AM
whatever choice you would have made you would have been a happy man. I really enjoy my 2010 Camaro SS but the CTS-V is a totally different beast all together. Everything better. :) Enjoy the V take some pics when you can.

midtown
06-21-11, 12:27 PM
New guy as well. Bot a certified 2009. Black and black. What a beautiful car. My wife was apprehensive and refused to test drive it. I picked it up yesterday and made her drive it. She's hooked. My 5 and 2 year old love it. Whenever we go anywhere they say. "black car, black car"

My friends have the following cars: M3, Shelby Mustang, Camaro SS. I'll blow their doors off in my V.

Hawkeye2
06-21-11, 12:31 PM
Congrats, enjoy your new ride and use it in the best of health.

SPEED74V
06-21-11, 09:45 PM
Congrats on the new V!! I have both a 2010 CTS-V Sedan and a 2010 LPE600 Camaro SS. The Camaro doesn't get much attention, so I am getting rid of it. Can't wait to mod the V but want to try it out at the road track stock before I start doing upgrades.

taken
06-21-11, 09:53 PM
Thanks again for the welcome guys. Looks like Friday is V-Day......