: Wow really from a caddy!!

laynrockers
06-20-11, 06:52 PM
09 V owner for last 3 or so months. Never did i expect to have so many creaks cracks and just weird noises. When backing down the drive way the roof makes so many noises i wont be surprised if my pano roof cracks one day :wtf: !!

Mystical_Ice
06-20-11, 08:31 PM
haha - i'm in the same boat as you - owned an 09 V for 3 months, and the creaks and groans are ridiculous :p

thatcoder
06-20-11, 08:32 PM
turn the radio up, and drive it like you stole it.

e6t
06-20-11, 08:33 PM
turn the radio up, and drive it like you stole it.

this.

Razorecko
06-20-11, 09:50 PM
There are tsb's for ALOT of these noises. The ultraview creak has a TSB for it and a couple of the noises I found were easily fixed myself....

1. Passengers side female belt buckle ( pressing it hard against the seat front or back so it doesnt move )
2. The small trim left of the odo console. If you pop the trim off and press against the light bar segment thats closest to the odo console there is a major creak there...

These were pretty much mine that I managed to fix

RapidRob
06-20-11, 09:50 PM
09 V owner for last 3 or so months. Never did i expect to have so many creaks cracks and just weird noises. When backing down the drive way the roof makes so many noises i wont be surprised if my pano roof cracks one day :wtf: !!

haha - i'm in the same boat as you - owned an 09 V for 3 months, and the creaks and groans are ridiculous :p

Well, just for the record, my 2009, (w/ultrview btw), is still quiet with no rattles, creaks, etc. So I guess not all of them are that way ... :hmm:

Rob

Domsz06
06-21-11, 07:22 AM
Well, just for the record, my 2009, (w/ultrview btw), is still quiet with no rattles, creaks, etc. So I guess not all of them are that way ... :hmm:

Rob

same boat as you. Guess we got lucky :) :thumbsup:

M5eater
06-21-11, 07:32 AM

Rob

for the record, I have at least 1 buz comming from the navigation, and the car starts to vibrate noticeably past 70mph.

mileage; 1,344

not sure It really bothers me, all new cars have problems, that's why they have a warranty..

Domsz06
06-21-11, 08:10 AM
for the record, I have at least 1 buz comming from the navigation, and the car starts to vibrate noticeably past 70mph.

mileage; 1,344

not sure It really bothers me, all new cars have problems, that's why they have a warranty..

The car vibrating sounds like a tire outta balance. Have you had em checked?

miamictsv
06-21-11, 08:40 AM
Same here, all TSB's were done and still, so many creaks ( sun roof, seats and all that cheap plastic inside). I already accepted that are V's build quality is just average like any other mid of the pack car company. At least the power and handling are world class compare to everyone else.

shade
06-21-11, 01:38 PM
Same here, all TSB's were done and still, so many creaks ( sun roof, seats and all that cheap plastic inside). I already accepted that are V's build quality is just average like any other mid of the pack car company. At least the power and handling are world class compare to everyone else.

I took the time to dynamat the cheap interior pieces that were rattling.
As far as the sun roof I had to have the dealer fix it twice but been good since then.

cdog533
06-21-11, 02:24 PM
Pull trim rim for sunroof. See if that helps.

Also, lubricate sunroof seals.

Tuna
06-21-11, 02:36 PM
'11 V Wagon, 6-months old and 5K+ miles, not sun roof. No noises that bother me. I get the SC isolator rattle. Have not heard any wheel clicks either.

So far, so good.

Domsz06
06-21-11, 03:24 PM
'11 V Wagon, 6-months old and 5K+ miles, not sun roof. No noises that bother me. I get the SC isolator rattle. Have not heard any wheel clicks either.

So far, so good.

Hope it stays that way like mine has for the yr I've had it.

laynrockers
06-21-11, 06:36 PM
The music being cranked is not my problem. Having a 09 V that makes more noises then my 69 Coupe De-ville is !! I'm never one to complain but I will point out a flaw and then learn to deal with it. Since a few who dont have the pano roof hear no noises that makes me think it has to do with the Sun roof. Either way it's not a deal breaker but certainly an annoyance. The Dealer here here in Vegas is horrible I'm better off pulling the roof myself..

Any more specifics form those of you who have had this issue fixed. (creaks and cracks coming form rear pilars and roof )

M5eater
06-21-11, 07:50 PM
The car vibrating sounds like a tire outta balance. Have you had em checked?

not yet, been enjoying it for a few weeks, not too worried about getting it resolved honestly, but I'm anal enough that it's going to annoy me that my 1500mile rims already have scratches from removing them and stuck-on wheel weight glue.

Tuna
06-22-11, 10:04 AM
I have an '06 Vette coupe and the roof makes pops and creaks all the time now. Annoying but I know what it is so I can live with it. My '08 vert Vette has no noises like that.

It's a shame if the sun roof is causing all that noise on the V.