1996 Cadillac Fleetwood RWD Complete Production Statistics

15,105 Grand Total All
Further Breakout:-
10,003 Brougham Model
03,333 Base Model
01,769 Other *
15,105 Grand Total

*= Other. Includes To Limousine Convertor as an "Incomplete Vehicle" also
to a Hearse Convertor, as well as to a Flower Car Convertor. Also includes Livery Cars, "Black Car Service Companies" and U.S. Government Spec Cars.

Color Breakout:-

04,488 - Sable Black
02,958 - Cotillion White
01,548 - Fawn Grey Metallic
01,416 - Frost Beige Metallic
01,327 - Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
01,075 - Dark Cherry Red Metallic
0,0577 - Calypso Green Metallic
0,0520 - Carmine Red Metallic
0,0475 - Slate Green Metallic
0,0445 - Medium Adriatic Blue Metallic
0,0226 - Platinum Metallic ***
0,0021 - Light Adriatic Blue Metallic ***
0,0015 - Academy Grey Metallic ***
0,0005 - Black Sapphire Metallic ***
0,0005 - Light Grey ***
0,0004 - Mary Kay Pink +++
15,105 - Grand Total

*** = Colors that were reserved exclusively for Funeral Companies so that
any new vehicles would match the remainder of their fleets, such as Flower Cars, Family Cars, and Hearses.
+++ = Color owned with patents to Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc. Dallas, Texas.

Your Favorite Cadillac Historian ;)

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 12:50 AM
You rock!! :thumbsup:

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 12:56 AM
Strange that black has the most made, but this is the color I see the least on the road. Someone must have a garage full of black Fleetwoods.

Now I really want a Mary Kay FW!

Sandy
10-16-04, 01:08 AM
That listing Saint, was brought to you by the committee to elect John Kerry to the Oval Office. :p

Just kidding 'ya. Put the :gun2: down ! Jus turnin' 'ya turnips ! :D

Probably because the black ones were used mostly by livery companies in the big cities and saw constant work-use and probably wore out long ago. I'd bet most in salvage yards are, in fact, Sable Black.
'Ya, I'd like a M.K. Pink one too...where 'ya gonna find such with 4 made !

FASSTWOOD
10-16-04, 01:38 AM
My neighbor just bought a 96. I thought it was black, but it turns out to be a dark dark green with black interior. He got from a funeral home in Ohio that had the car parked for two years. I wonder if that's the black saphire color.

Sandy
10-16-04, 01:51 AM
Sounds like the Slate Green to me

brougham
10-16-04, 02:49 AM
Howcome there are different numbers for Fleetwood and Fleetwood Broughams for 1996 but there's just one set of numbers for 1991 Brougham and Brougham D'Elegance? :crying:

I think most of the Fleetwoods that I see are black or dark blue.

Sandy
10-16-04, 09:47 AM
That could be because black & dark blue acounted for 38.5% ...
On the 1991, I don't believe that I posted any such figures on here, so I cannot answer that.....

ShadowLvr400
10-16-04, 10:01 AM

01,548 - Fawn Grey Metallic

0,0226 - Platinum Metallic ***

0,0015 - Academy Grey Metallic ***

*** = Colors that were reserved exclusively for Funeral Companies so that
any new vehicles would match the remainder of their fleets, such as Flower Cars, Family Cars, and Hearses.
+++ = Color owned with patents to Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc. Dallas, Texas.

Your Favorite Cadillac Historian ;)

Any chance you could get pictures of these colors?... Because I'm nut sure mine is Fawn grey... And I doubt it's the Platinum... I honestly think that perhaps I might be Academy Grey.... I just havent seen any others in my color...

Sandy
10-16-04, 10:14 AM
Post a photo of your car &I'll tell you what it is. All of the ones with *** after them are regular Caddy colors from recent years, that just were not available in 1996. If you go to http://www.autocolorlibrary.com you can see Cadillac color charts with swatches of all colors.

LOOK ON YOUR DOOR OR UNDERHOOD TRIM PLATE TO SEE THE PAINT CODE. IF IT STARTS WITH A 'Y' IT'S ONE OF THE SPECIAL PAINTS.

Seriously I doubt it. They were all applied to limos, 6-door Fleetwoods, Flower Cars & Hearses. Highly doubtful.....

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 12:09 PM
'Ya, I'd like a M.K. Pink one too...where 'ya gonna find such with 4 made !

Let's see, if one was totaled and 2 were repainted, that means we are going to have a bidding war over the last one! :want:

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 12:11 PM
Is there anyway to further break down the exterior colors by interior color combinations?

ShadowLvr400
10-16-04, 01:22 PM
Post a photo of your car &I'll tell you what it is. All of the ones with *** after them are regular Caddy colors from recent years, that just were not available in 1996. If you go to http://www.autocolorlibrary.com you can see Cadillac color charts with swatches of all colors.

LOOK ON YOUR DOOR OR UNDERHOOD TRIM PLATE TO SEE THE PAINT CODE. IF IT STARTS WITH A 'Y' IT'S ONE OF THE SPECIAL PAINTS.

Seriously I doubt it. They were all applied to limos, 6-door Fleetwoods, Flower Cars & Hearses. Highly doubtful.....

My car is here. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/320142/7

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/320000-320999/320142_81.jpg

Sandy
10-16-04, 02:11 PM
Is there anyway to further break down the exterior colors by interior color combinations?

That information is not kept by Cadillac.

Sandy
10-16-04, 02:12 PM
Definately postively Academy Gray Metallic.

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 02:17 PM
That information is not kept by Cadillac.

Darn. I know that tan was also available with black and I seem to see more blk on tan cars. It also seems blue is the most common white car interior.

Maybe we could make a Fleetwood registery.

Actually, a registery section for all models might be cool.

HotRodSaint
10-16-04, 02:20 PM
My car is here. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/320142/7

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/320000-320999/320142_81.jpg

You should change the Cardomain description to Fleetwood now. Then more Fleetwood owners can appreciate that rare color of yours! ;)

scurling
10-16-04, 03:15 PM
Sandy:

Fantastic info. How does one come by these sales stats? I would like to see the same for the '94 year.

The '94 I purchased back in August was originally from a Funeral Home, and it is the no frills base model with Light Adriatic Blue Metallic. I see that paint was a special color used for Funeral Companies in your '96 list. That color is however list in the '94 dealer sales brochure along with all the other available paint colors and shows no special requirements or restrictions.

Sandy
10-16-04, 04:21 PM
One doesn't come by it. Sandy has an "in" not available to the public. Sandy will do 1994 either tonight or tomorrow, Sunday, and then 1993 early next week. Monday might be out, since it's my wife's birthday ! Yes dear :worship:

ShadowLvr400
10-16-04, 05:39 PM
So you're saying I have a 1 of 15 Academy grey Cadillacs??? Sweet!!!!

Sandy
10-16-04, 06:25 PM
NO. I am saying it's too hard to tell from that photo. I am saying to check your build plate, and look at teh code under color, and give me that code. Otherwise it's just speculation.

scurling
10-17-04, 05:48 PM
Ok, Sandy, I'm speculating your are a closet computer hacker, and you just love to spend you evenings hacking into the Cadillac division mainframe, compiling the interesting and trivial data. Keep the information flowing.... :-)

Sandy
10-17-04, 09:06 PM
I am hysterical laughing at your post. I am willing to bet that of all the people on THIS board...that I am the LEAST knowledgable of things computer. I don't know S_ _ T on these things. I rely on my 20 year old son to help me, & he's now away at college. I can't do anything I want to, everything is sooooo hard for me. Hacker? Ya, I'm a Hacker all right, whenever I smoke more than 1 cigar in a day, then I HACK!

No, truth is, as I said...I have a good friend in the right place at Cadillac. No more & No less.
Look at the Cadillac I had built ON LINE for me! Friend pulled strings, there, too. :) :rolleyes: :D :bouncy:

scurling
10-17-04, 10:43 PM
Sandy:

I'm glad you can take a joke. Hey, nice car. What do you have on the top to make it shine so, or is it just the sunlight?

Do you have any more pics online? I'd like to look at those wheels.

And thanks for the '94 data. BTW, my middle daughter was home this weekend from ECU for her 21st B'day.

Sandy
10-17-04, 11:17 PM
Today's My Wife's Birthday !!!!!!!!
I WISH she was 21 !!!!!!!!! I wish she was DOUBLE that at 42 !!!!!!!!!

My car is pictured herein under pictures. Go to the title page of this site, & click onto CADILLAC PICTURES, and then procede to DeVILLE grouping and then on to page # 33. They are pictures # 4, 5, & 6.

BY THE WAY, ALL 4 YEARS ARE NOW UP AS WELL AS A SUMMARY POSTING !!

HotRodSaint
10-18-04, 12:04 PM
No, truth is, as I said...I have a good friend in the right place at Cadillac. No more & No less.
Look at the Cadillac I had built ON LINE for me! Friend pulled strings, there, too. :) :rolleyes: :D :bouncy:

You posted it at the right time, as I was wondering to myself how to find this information last week! Thanks. :thumbsup:

Sandy
10-18-04, 01:51 PM
Seems that the 1996 Stats have gotten like 4 times as many "hits" as any of the other years....... Yet, I had the most requests for 1993 (??)

HotRodSaint
10-18-04, 10:51 PM
Seems that the 1996 Stats have gotten like 4 times as many "hits" as any of the other years....... Yet, I had the most requests for 1993 (??)

Maybe because according to MSN's consumer site, the '96 is the most reliable. For whatever that's worth. :hmm:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliability.aspx?modelid=339&src=vip

HotRodSaint
10-19-04, 01:00 AM
The U. S. Secret Service intends to negotiate, on a sole source basis with Cadillac World Headquarters, 3009 Van Dyke Building 2-6, Warren, MI, for the purchase of (http://www.fbodaily.com/cbd/archive/1995/03(March)/15-Mar-1995/23sol001.htm) four (4) 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood vehicles with a B05 Armor Package, and a Riz 454 Engine and Transmission Package.

Sandy
10-19-04, 12:18 PM
By the way (so you know WHAT you are looking for, the 18 Mary Kay Pinks were somewhat unusual.) While they were the "Brougham" model that included the padded full length vinyl roof, they opted for the DELETE code, as no pink vinyl roof was made. Now, that was not exclusive to M.K. Anyone could have ordered a Brougham, and deleted the top, but it was an odd combination. Most, if they didn't want the top, would order a base model, that came with the steel roof, and where a vinyl top was extra cost. (Funny, if you ordered a Brougham, and deleted the top, you got NO refund! :hmm: There were very very few colors on the 93-96 RWD F'Woods that I personally liked. Very few.
1) Light Sapphire Blue 2) Majestic Amethyst 3) Taupe.