: Drifting my Ford Explorer (Video)

King-German-Fool
06-19-11, 06:13 PM
Hey,

got a new video online on youtube.
Me drifting my old Explorer. Actually its a nice car to do stuff like that. :lildevil:

Note:
(If someone want to blame me for doing this on public roads. Nobody was at risk at all. I watched out.)

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW4cGXMjh6o

Why is the video embedding not working? oO

ga_etc
06-20-11, 12:53 AM
That's a good looking Limited. My '96 has the 302 and a 3.73 geared rear end with limited slip. It's fun in the rain too.

Destroyer
06-20-11, 10:09 AM
Years ago I would have been like "hell yeah". Now I'm thinking "how immature". This getting old thing needs to stop. :)

Stingroo
06-20-11, 10:15 AM
Not gonna lie, that's pretty epic. :thumbsup:

drewsdeville
06-20-11, 10:42 AM
Years ago I would have been like "hell yeah". Now I'm thinking "how immature". This getting old thing needs to stop. :)

I'm far behind you and feel the same...

Rolex
06-20-11, 11:09 AM
This video is full of herp and derp. :pwn:

gary88
06-20-11, 11:11 AM
Not gonna lie, that's pretty epic. :thumbsup:

Oceans are epic. Lengthy narratives about heroism and voyages across other epic things such as oceans are literary epics. The cosmos are epic. An explorer sliding around in the rain is not epic. In fact it's just dumb to do on a public road.

epic |ˈepik|nouna long poem, typically one derived from ancient oral tradition, narrating the deeds and adventures of heroic or legendary figures or the history of a nation.
the genre of such poems : the romances display gentler emotions not foundin Greek epic.
a long film, book, or other work portraying heroic deeds and adventures or covering an extended period of time : a Hollywood biblical epic.adjectiveof, relating to, or characteristic of an epic or epics : England's national epic poem Beowulf.
heroic or grand in scale or character : his epic journey around the world| a tragedy of epic proportions.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-20-11, 01:32 PM
ok maddox

Florian
06-21-11, 10:15 AM
I vote herp and derp.....not even a decent drift.

F

brandondeleo
06-23-11, 02:06 AM
Entertaining to see an Exploder doing something like that. I also found it funny that the videos on the sidebar included burnouts using Opel Omegas. (Cateras). With all of this action, I should record my DeVille doing some off-road stunt jumping. It will fit right in! Lol :highfive:

King-German-Fool
06-23-11, 10:19 AM
Entertaining to see an Exploder doing something like that. I also found it funny that the videos on the sidebar included burnouts using Opel Omegas. (Cateras). With all of this action, I should record my DeVille doing some off-road stunt jumping. It will fit right in! Lol :highfive:

The burnouts with the Opel Omega was me too.
It was my first car. ;)

Stingroo
06-23-11, 01:44 PM
Oceans are epic. Lengthy narratives about heroism and voyages across other epic things such as oceans are literary epics. The cosmos are epic. An explorer sliding around in the rain is not epic. In fact it's just dumb to do on a public road.

epic |ˈepik|nouna long poem, typically one derived from ancient oral tradition, narrating the deeds and adventures of heroic or legendary figures or the history of a nation.
• the genre of such poems : the romances display gentler emotions not foundin Greek epic.
• a long film, book, or other work portraying heroic deeds and adventures or covering an extended period of time : a Hollywood biblical epic.adjectiveof, relating to, or characteristic of an epic or epics : England's national epic poem Beowulf.
• heroic or grand in scale or character : his epic journey around the world| a tragedy of epic proportions.

umadbro? Panties too tight?

johnny kannapo
06-23-11, 11:12 PM
There had to be some entertainment value for the driver.

I don't know why but I watched the entire 2:52 seconds.

cadillac kevin
06-23-11, 11:25 PM
I bet the driver had fun, but that was pretty stupid. you do that in a parking lot, not a roundabout.

brandondeleo
06-23-11, 11:32 PM
Don't get me started on roundabouts... They are popping up everywhere out here and NOBODY knows how to use them. The DOT is slowly pushing them in at every extremely busy freeway on/off ramp and causing a total cluster****.

orconn
06-23-11, 11:48 PM
Roundabouts are springing up like mushrooms after a rain. Here in Virginia they are being used to slow traffic into neighborhoods.

When I was beginning to drive back in the dark and ignorant late fifties in New Jersey the "traffic circle" was the ubiquitous way of intersecting two thoroughfares. In the sixties they did away with these dangerous intersections and probably saved a lot of lives in the process. There was always the guy who wouldn't let anyone in, and of course the mimser who would panic and stop halfway to her turn off ... and of course the almost always fatal drunk who went the the wrong way round the damn thing. But I guess we never learn.

On street rail systems have also made a come back, with there predictable auto/train carnage. Ah, the wonders of unresearched, obsolete transportation systems and their appeal to the bright young planning engineers of today!

cadillac kevin
06-23-11, 11:52 PM
we have roundabouts here (and a couple jughandles). totally retarded- especially when the moronic planners in the St. L area do them. what good is a 1 lane roundabout (thats 3 lanes wide and incredibly tiny).

brandondeleo
06-23-11, 11:52 PM
There is a very busy intersection here in Ellensburg that is right off of the freeway, and it is in the path of a ridiculous amount of eighteen wheelers every day. I have to drive through it every day to get home, and I hate every second of it. It is a 4-way stop at the moment. There are talks to turn it into a roundabout, but if it comes out anything like it did in Yakima (they turned a busy freeway ramp into a roundabout. 3 circles!) I want nothing to do with it. It is already dangerous enough. They just need to put a light in...

Stingroo
06-24-11, 07:29 AM
Roundabouts are the devil. Floridians can not comprehend them. At all. I do not know why.

My biggest annoyance now is this thing they put on a main road in my town. It's not quite a roundabout, it's just a big long oblong-about? The road used to be 50mph, then they put this obnoxious ass thing in last year because a couple of drunk losers decided it would be cool to race down it. Now you have to be cruising at 50-55, and then basically come to a complete stop to navigate this tiny ass curve. I bet there are 4-5 collisions PER DAY at both ends.

F*ck it.

Rolex
06-24-11, 10:36 AM
They recently cropped up a roundabout in a developing area close to my house. The only thing in the area now is a lone grocery store, but there are big plans to develop the area into shopping centers, etc. so it will get busier. The roundabout itself isn't busy or complicated. It appears well marked and easy to understand, but inevitably people screw it up. People don't seem to grasp who to yield to so you get a lot of near collisions and also people that randomly stop in the middle of the damn roundabout when they should just drive on.

What's worse is they put a stop light a block east of the damn roundabout, which IMB defeats the whole purpose.

brandondeleo
06-25-11, 04:07 AM
I have no idea why most people can't use them. Then again, most people are incompetent morons, so... There is a developed community near me called Suncadia. Total high-brow celebrity getaway kind of place. Brand and Jen owned a house up there. Anyway, it is in the middle of NOWHERE, about an hour east of Seattle. Again, NOWHERE. Every entry to the resort is configured as a roundabout. Nobody knows how to use them, and they are always busy even though there is nobody out there to make them busy! I eat at a restaurant in the resort on a regular basis, and it is painful to see how those people maneuver the roundabouts. Really, people! They aren't that hard! And I drive a land yacht! Haha.

Destroyer
06-26-11, 11:47 PM
With all of this action, I should record my DeVille doing some off-road stunt jumping.Oh please do. Deville's need punishment. Let's see the footage. :)