: I hope everyone has a good Fathers day

CadillacCastle
06-19-11, 11:54 AM
I am fortunate enough to still have my father that will be 90 on July 20th born 1921. We will be enjoying some really good Mexican food with my daughter and her husband and my granddaughter. I hope everyone has a good day too.

DouglasJRizzo
06-19-11, 12:32 PM
that is wonderful. my dad will be 91 this Nov and we're having a nice barbecue right here at home! Happy fathers day!

Ranger
06-19-11, 09:21 PM
Lost my dad just over 10 years ago. Still miss him. On a happier note, my daughters took me out for dinner. It was a nice day.

gdwriter
06-20-11, 01:27 AM
Gave my Dad a call. He's 74 and looks 10 years younger (although he declared himself an old man when he turned 40 in 1977; hmmm...I'm about to turn 45). Glad he's still around.

brandondeleo
06-20-11, 08:58 AM
My Dad will be 41 this August. I feel like the odd man out. Lol. Gave him a call, posted something nice on his Facebook (he lives in Los Angeles, and I live with my Mom in Washington) and bought my Stepdad a very nice card. They both loved it very much. Happy Father's Day to all of those Dads out there!

CadillacCastle
06-20-11, 06:54 PM
I think fathers day means more as I get older not knowing how long my father will be here hoping my have a good life. It is sad seeing my dads memory getting worse. The bad thing about Alzheimers is not just forgetting friends and family but when the brain forgets to make the lungs breath and causes death. My dad has been to many places in WW2 NY to Casa Blanca North Africa Germany Sicily Italy France and was on an LST ship that was bombed where he got a purple heart. He was out of the Army 2 weeks after the war was over and went to work as a postman for 34 years and retired. I think walking everyday as a postman has kept him healthy. He raised us without ever getting food stamps or any handouts. It's about time for him to quit driving his car because of having a few fender benders. Before that he only got 1 traffic ticket in all his life.