: 390hp, Dual-Exhaust, Monochromatic paint and more... for 21k Brand new? Oh yes.

Playdrv4me
06-19-11, 09:07 AM
Jesda made a thread about the Ram Tradesman a while back... Well, there was supposed to be a slightly more interesting model slated as the Ram Adventurer... Apparently the Marchionne Marching band of hits continues, because THAT has now been re-vamped as a re-incarnation of the classic Lil' Red Express... Now known simply as the "Ram Express".

For 21k after rebates (and it's only 23-ish before), you can spank most pony cars out there with a 390hp 5.7L HEMI, PLENTY of standard convenience accessories including A/C, a CD/MP3 player and to top it all off, not just some bottom of the barrel black bumper and steel wheel exterior... but rather a FULL monochromatic paint scheme, alloy wheels AND Dual exhausts with a perfect bumper to squeeze them under tastefully.

The way Stacy David promoted this thing on Gearz made PERFECT sense. For someone on a budget who dreams of having one of the latest Pony cars, but can't quite step to a near 30k price-tag with a V8, this will get you *most* of the fun for nearly $10,000.00 less. Then, you have a BLANK canvas to do as you wish with performance mods on top of that, plus you get a bed to haul shit in just for kicks. It's not perfect, but damned if it doesn't give Ford and GM something to aspire to in a basic truck. Oh, and it'll do 20mpg on the highway.

http://www.allpar.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Ram-Express-Red.jpg

News link from Allpar:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2011/04/ram-adventurer-gets-new-name-ram-express

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-11, 09:25 AM
Sounds awesome, but where are the smokestacks???

But seriously, it's awesome that the Rams all put their dual exhausts through the rear bumper, not to the side like every other truck manufacturer.

Playdrv4me
06-19-11, 09:28 AM
What is astonishing to me here... Is that for someone who has pretty much sworn off EVER buying anything new, the price of this little truck is SO appealing that I'd DEFINITELY scoop one up if I were in the market. In fact, it's so cheap and with such a desirable combination of features, that I don't envision depreciation being good enough to consider a used one for a LONG time.

This just seems a ton of vehicle for the money.

Rolex
06-19-11, 10:16 AM
That truck would be a monster with a supercharger dropped atop the engine. I will bet you dimes to dollars some company will offer a package in the neighborhood of 3k. Then you will have a legitimate muscle truck.

93DevilleUSMC
06-19-11, 11:08 AM
I can see a lot of people who need a V-8 in their trucks but don't want anything rediculously expensive buying this truck. Most trucks only give you V-6 power at $21k.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-11, 11:20 AM
I thought for a while Toyota was offering a 5.7 in the short box, regular cab Tundra with some sort of a sport package for a low price as well.

drewsdeville
06-19-11, 11:27 AM
If it was available a long bed, I'd give this thread 2 thumbs up. Unfortunately, that's hard to come by in trucks packaged like this. At least you can get the vinyl floor :)

stoveguyy
06-19-11, 01:12 PM
a ton of fun? more like 2-1/2 tons. bet you average 11mpg in town driving. but than we are talking V8 muscle rig here.

The Raven
06-19-11, 02:26 PM
You are also not going to be spanking "most pony cars out there". Unless of course they mean V6 pony cars.

That doesn't change the fact that this is a great deal. Too bad I can't stand the look of Dodge trucks. I'd take them over a TundraPug anyday, but still, Ford and Chevy have far better looking trucks.

drewsdeville
06-19-11, 02:39 PM
Funny, I think the Ram is the best looking truck out right now. I'd have to put the Fords in last place ever since the 2009 redesign. Definitely tried too hard for the big and bad look (trying too hard to match the Ram's styling?), turned out looking like a sick fatass dog. 2004-2008 wasn't much better IMO.

Playdrv4me
06-19-11, 05:34 PM
Yea, the Fords are downright hideous now. I don't mind the look of the Super Duty so much, but the F150 front end looks completely tacked on and over done. Much like the Navigator, actually.

As far as pony cars, I can think of numerous stock 4.6L Mustang GTs that would have their ass handed to them by this thing. Probably with zero modifications, and DEFINITELY with light modifications. Perhaps not in the twisties, but stop light to stop light where the daily fun happens, definitely. It might not take the latest and greatest out there, but the point is its 10 grand or MORE less, has utility, and doesn't look like a stripped POS.

ga_etc
06-19-11, 05:34 PM
That thing would be all kinds of fun with a manual transmission. Hemi torque and a clutch... I would get in so much trouble.

In all reality though, a manual transmission in a truck is usually more tiring than anything. You're typically stuck with an overly heavy clutch and a shifter that fights you at even the mention of a quick shift.

93DevilleUSMC
06-19-11, 05:48 PM
Drew, its funny you mention the way the new Ford Super Duties look: like an overweight Billy Badass. They're hanging way too much shiny metal off of the front, the "floating" center grille insert looks STUPID, and the cab looks like someone in Ford's design department was out of ideas and ripped off the first big rig cargo truck he saw. Ford HD pickups used to look much better than they do now.

I personally think Rams have their styling dead on. The fact that the Ram express is going to run rings around far more expensive trucks while returning better gas mileage just makes it all sweeter.

ben.gators
06-19-11, 05:54 PM
Without any doubt, this car is a good deal for someone that is looking for a fun truck. But beyond it, I can't see any pony car customer desires to buy a Truck, although it gives 390hp for $10k less....

Playdrv4me
06-19-11, 06:03 PM
Without any doubt, this car is a good deal for someone that is looking for a fun truck. But beyond it, I can't see any pony car customer desires to buy a Truck, although it gives 390hp for $10k less....

It's easy to forget the point Stacy David was making on Gearz... There's plenty of hard working blue collar Americans with limited budgets that do go on the lot looking for nothing more than a piece of V8 action. And these days, getting there can be surprisingly expensive. Until now, your choices for a cheap V8 were... Grand Marquis (and that's not getting out of its own way), stripper pickup with the BASE V8 (4.8L, 4.6L, 4.7L) and am FM radio, or... buy used. Chrysler is apparently getting tired of everyone going for door number 3.

Want a FUN car for anywhere NEAR that money? Enjoy your V6. For many people a V6 in a pony car is simply NOT even worth discussing, so if that buyer turns around and sees an attractive pickup with big wheels and a tasty paint scheme, a BIG V8 and a dirt cheap sticker... it IS entirely likely they will consider going for a truck just to get what they perceive as V8 value for their dollar. No, V8 pony car buyers won't give a damn, but like you said, they're prepared to drop in excess of 30 grand for their Camaros, Challengers, and Mustangs. More power to 'em.

Florian
06-19-11, 06:11 PM
itll beat a pony car only for a short while, and only in a straight line. BTW, its a Dodge...so you can watch it rust as you take it off the lot.

F

The Raven
06-19-11, 06:38 PM
As far as pony cars, I can think of numerous stock 4.6L Mustang GTs that would have their ass handed to them by this thing. Probably with zero modifications, and DEFINITELY with light modifications. Perhaps not in the twisties, but stop light to stop light where the daily fun happens, definitely.

They don't make 4.6L Mustangs anymore. Sure it can beat old ponycars, but it's not an old truck. Hell, the new V6 Camaro can spank the old 4.6L mustangs. Big deal.

Regardless, i'm on board with this idea...much moreso than the $40k V6 F150 that people were making such a big deal about. This will likely get better gas mileage too.

I just don't find it to be a good looking truck. I'll stick with the Silverado thank you.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-11, 09:02 PM
IMO, the brand new Ram is the best looking brand new truck on the market. The Silverado/Sierra is getting long in the tooth (even though it's only been four years) and the F-150 is too complicated looking, especially in the front fascia....sure is a nice rig though.

Although, I must admit, this Ram is my favorite, the Laramie Longhorn.
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/09/ram_longhorn_laramie_1.jpg

gary88
06-19-11, 09:15 PM
Pretty much anything can spank those older 4.6L Mustangs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-11, 09:29 PM
I wanna run against an early 4.6L Mustang with my GS....it would be close...

Destroyer
06-19-11, 09:32 PM
Dodge does this and they will be the undisputed kings of sales for trucks. I WILL buy one and I don't usually buy new. This will send used RAM's and full size trucks of all makes spiraling straight downwards in price but who cares? I personally think that Dodge has been making the best LOOKING trucks for a long time. Again, I said looking as I do think the Ford and Chevy products were probably better overall, not by much though and certainly not enough to bring that much more money.

ben.gators
06-19-11, 10:14 PM
It's easy to forget the point Stacy David was making on Gearz... There's plenty of hard working blue collar Americans with limited budgets that do go on the lot looking for nothing more than a piece of V8 action. And these days, getting there can be surprisingly expensive. Until now, your choices for a cheap V8 were... Grand Marquis (and that's not getting out of its own way), stripper pickup with the BASE V8 (4.8L, 4.6L, 4.7L) and am FM radio, or... buy used. Chrysler is apparently getting tired of everyone going for door number 3.

OK, couple of items:
1- So what you say is there a group of people that buy their automobiles based on the engine, e.g. they decide to buy a V-8 engine, and then they go shop around for a V-8 engine and meanwhile they decide about what should be around that engine, a coupe, a truck, or a four door sedan! Is this what you are saying?!

2- You said there are plenty of hard-working blue collar Americans who like to own a pony car, but can't afford to spend $30k for a pony car, so instead they are going to spend $21k for a truck that is not practical for their family? If they need a truck, OK, this is a vey good deal. But if they don't need a truck, buying a truck makes no sense because those hard-working blue collar Americans will need another practical car for their family. So they could simply buy a V-8 pony car in the first place instead of buying a truck and another practical car. A pony car is not that much practical for a family guy too, but it still has back seats and a trunk!

3- I don't know who is this Mr. "Stacy David". But if he really thinks that a V-8 powered truck can alter and replace a pony car he is so wrong! It is not just about the power, the dynamics of the car, steering, and suspension matters as well. And even more, the engine power in a coupe and in a truck are utilized in different ways. Engine and power train in a truck is tuned for towing and hauling at low RPMs....

4- I have zero interest in initiating one of those long, boring, and useless discussions about V-8 engines and whether they are overrated or not! I enjoy my V-8 N*, you like V-8 engines, but lets face it, we are minority now! Most of the people, including majority of those hard-working blue collar Americans don't agree with us.... Right now non of my friends own a V-8 engine or desire to own one! So just because of a V-8 engine people are not going to rush to buy these trucks!

5- What I like about V-8 engine is its really low NVH. It is not just about the power, the NVH is as important as the power. Will a V-8 powered truck give me such a low NVH?!

More I think about it, more I realize it makes no sense.... I can write much more about this, but this is enough for now.... Again, this is a wonderful truck. But it can not steal customers of pony cars or v-8 powered luxury cars...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-11, 11:08 PM
Some people won't have anything but a V-8. This satisfies them at a very reasonable price.

Playdrv4me
06-20-11, 01:42 AM
Since I obviously did a shitty job getting this truck's point across... I'll just let Stacey himself do it!

wZu1QOuaUHs

Pretty awesome they already uploaded that to Youtube.

Stingroo
06-20-11, 01:43 AM
Some people won't have anything but a V-8. This satisfies them at a very reasonable price.

I'm some people! :)

Seriously though, I would so buy one of these if I could afford it. Hell, at 21k it'll be an easy work truck for many people to finance too. I see this thing being quite successful.

Especially in Florida where we have many "must drive a truck" types. They don't care about towing (but this thing excels at it!) or any of that. They want cheap and V8.

ben.gators
06-20-11, 03:35 AM
Since I obviously did a shitty job getting this truck's point across... I'll just let Stacey himself do it!

Dude, I have no idea why you are taking discussions personal! You have been in this forum much earlier than me and you understand the nature of such forums and discussions much better than me... A bunch of car guys are gathered here, we post threads to start some discussions, a group of members agree and some other members may have a bit different idea, that's it, nothing more..... If I knew that you would take it personal I wouldn't post anything in this thread (And I still believe you are not that type of person).

Stingroo
06-20-11, 03:48 AM
He's not taking it personally, he's just trying to explain why the truck exists and what it's intended to do in the marketplace.

ben.gators
06-20-11, 03:59 AM
^

hum, yeah, perhaps this is me interpreting his post wrongly! :D

Playdrv4me
06-20-11, 04:33 AM
Not taking it personally at all, Ben. Sorry if it came off that way.

Jesda
06-20-11, 04:43 AM
For those who want a work truck spec with the same V8, the Ram Tradesman is the same price.

I like that there's a hot rod-looking version for equally cheap.

ben.gators
06-20-11, 04:52 AM
Not taking it personally at all, Ben. Sorry if it came off that way.

sorry sorry, it was my misunderstanding.... :D

Anyway, back to the discussion!

Well, I watched the video. Yeah, Hemi with that price tag is hell of a deal, and I really liked the paint! But still I don't understand how Stacey was comparing a pony car with a truck.... That part is a bit awkward....

What we need now is a good review by one of our forum members..... :D When will we see these trucks in the dealership lots and who will be the first to go and test drive one? :D

Jesda
06-20-11, 05:09 AM
A 390hp ram will do 0-60 in 5.8s, which is effectively muscle car territory (as well as modern well-optioned family sedan territory).

In terms of handling, its obviously a truck, which is why there's a comparison to pony cars, which are less known for their handling than small and light sports cars.

brandondeleo
06-20-11, 07:22 AM
As for a review... Haha. We just bought a 2011 Ram Laramie with the 390bhp 5.7L Hemi. It is a beast. It is far from the 21k price range, closer to 48k, but it is awesome inside... Huge interior. Not the mega-cab, but the next best thing. I am 6'2" and fit decently in the back seat. Leather all around, every techy accessory available from bluetooth to surround sound, heated and cooled seats, etc. As for performance, it is one quick truck. I love to show those people in a stacked Cummins turbo diesel what I think of their diesel. :stirpot: For a truck with that kind of power, the ride is not bad at all, but beware cornering in that thing. Let's just say my '99 DeVille Base corners better... Lol. The 5.7L Hemi throws you back in the seat as the tires squeal. The styling is phenomenal, too. I personally believe that it is far ahead of Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota in that department. It averages about 16mpg overall, which is not bad for that vehicle, but take that with a grain of salt, for we live in an out-of-town kind of environment with very little city driving and speed limits > 50. It gives me even more reason to be a Mopar fan.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-20-11, 09:27 AM
And Ford is left hanging in the wind without a modern version of the Lightning...

Stingroo
06-20-11, 11:15 AM
Erm.... SVT Raptor, anyone?

Rolex
06-20-11, 12:12 PM

One of my coworkers bought one of those with every available option and the 6.2L V8. I forget what he paid for it but it was over 50k. It's a little sad that it threw a rod through the block with only 3000 miles on the clock and just had the entire engine replaced.

I like that though: instead of oil changes every 3k Ford will just put in a whole new engine.

gdwriter
06-20-11, 04:02 PM
I have zero interest in owning a truck, but I still like this Ram. Good on Chrysler for offering it. A year or two ago, I seriously doubted Chrysler's survival, and given the crap that was most of their lineup, I wasn't sure they deserved to. They've made some very strong improvements to their product line. Good for them.

JimmyH
06-20-11, 06:09 PM
Thread title fail.

I was excited when I saw 390hp and 21k in the same sentence.

Then I saw it was a truck.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-20-11, 07:00 PM

That's not a drag racer though, that's a mud jumper.

Playdrv4me
06-20-11, 09:28 PM
I have zero interest in owning a truck, but I still like this Ram. Good on Chrysler for offering it. A year or two ago, I seriously doubted Chrysler's survival, and given the crap that was most of their lineup, I wasn't sure they deserved to. They've made some very strong improvements to their product line. Good for them.

I have to agree 100 percent with you on this. I certainly don't need anymore trucks in my life, in fact I just got rid of one... but I feel the same way about them taking the initiative to do something a little out of the ordinary for consumers with smaller budgets. And not just some LX package with like... power windows, but a DAMN good looking, powerful truck with solid performance and the mean looks to back it up. The new 300, bringing the Fiat 500 over (though it needs a little more power and a slightly lower price), and now this... I haven't had so much confidence in an automotive leader at ANY time in the past as I do right now with Marchionne. Of all people, you would have NEVER expected an Italian to understand the lower ends of OUR market so well. That scares me a little, actually.

Playdrv4me
06-20-11, 09:30 PM
Even when the Lightning was the Lightning, and even more recently as the Harley Davidson F150 (essentially two extra doors and a fancy interior), you were looking at boutique truck pricing in the 40-45k range. The price to content ratio is what is so cool about this thing. It's like someone dialed truck prices back to 1985, when the words "fancy" and "truck" had never been uttered in the same sentence.

Florian
06-21-11, 12:52 AM
And Ford is left hanging in the wind without a modern version of the Lightning...

for around 5K, you can put this on your truck and have your Lightning: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9358
no biggie.

F

Stingroo
06-21-11, 01:01 AM
Also, I found this and had to giggle:

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/81X11/Ram.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-21-11, 01:08 AM
It's like someone dialed truck prices back to 1985, when the words "fancy" and "truck" had never been uttered in the same sentence.

I read the words "1985" and "truck" and this is the first thing that came to mind:
http://onscreencars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/back_to_the_future_toyota_truck_1.jpg
http://onscreencars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/back_to_the_future_toyota_truck_2.jpg

God that truck is badass!

Playdrv4me
06-21-11, 01:21 AM
Hells yea it's bad ass! *The truck* of the '80s far as I'm concerned. Even as much as I like the Silverados from that era.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-21-11, 01:28 AM
Ever since I was a young kid, I've loved that scene in Back To The Future 3 where those guys in that F150 try and race him and his girlfriend, and he leads them on like he's gonna race them once the light turns, then once it does he throws it in reverse and does a rockford. :lol:

STS_Seville_Hunter
06-21-11, 05:19 AM
As for a review... Haha. We just bought a 2011 Ram Laramie with the 390bhp 5.7L Hemi. It is a beast. It is far from the 21k price range, closer to 48k, but it is awesome inside... Huge interior. Not the mega-cab, but the next best thing. I am 6'2" and fit decently in the back seat. Leather all around, every techy accessory available from bluetooth to surround sound, heated and cooled seats, etc. As for performance, it is one quick truck. I love to show those people in a stacked Cummins turbo diesel what I think of their diesel. :stirpot: For a truck with that kind of power, the ride is not bad at all, but beware cornering in that thing. Let's just say my '99 DeVille Base corners better... Lol. The 5.7L Hemi throws you back in the seat as the tires squeal. The styling is phenomenal, too. I personally believe that it is far ahead of Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota in that department. It averages about 16mpg overall, which is not bad for that vehicle, but take that with a grain of salt, for we live in an out-of-town kind of environment with very little city driving and speed limits > 50. It gives me even more reason to be a Mopar fan.

Tow my regular loads with your gasser for 250k miles and tell me how much everything is worn out. 1/2 ton FTL

brandondeleo
06-21-11, 06:15 PM
Tow my regular loads with your gasser for 250k miles and tell me how much everything is worn out. 1/2 ton FTL A friend of mine tows a 30ft 5th wheel loaded with off road equip back and forth from Yucaipa to Havasu every weekend with his '00 Silverado with the 5.3 Vortec [gas!] and has 270k. runs like a champ. =] lol. just had to.

The Raven
06-21-11, 06:37 PM
A friend of mine tows a 30ft 5th wheel loaded with off road equip back and forth from Yucaipa to Havasu every weekend with his '00 Silverado with the 5.3 Vortec [gas!] and has 270k. runs like a champ. =] lol. just had to.

Yeah I can offer story after story of indestructable chevy/GMC half-tons...hell my father-in-laws work truck has 370k on it as I speak and shows no sign of letting up.

However, I have great respect for the Cummins and Allison/Duramax drivetrains...they are phenomenal and likely last even longer.

drewsdeville
06-21-11, 06:41 PM
Some people admit they drive big trucks because they like to drive big trucks, which is fine. Others drive big trucks because it makes them look/feel badass, for the image, and those are the ones who are always a good time when you bring the topic up - they get all defensive and try too hard to justify their cock extension on wheels :cool:

When they are all pissed off and give up, the run out to the shiny , low mileage, chromed up, clean truck (what happened to the battle scars from all of that hard labor the truck sees...and all of them miles that a smaller truck couldn't rack up?) that's geared up like they are going on an African Safari hunt, peel away with the $2k exhaust rumbling and whip antennas flailing about.

Yep, those guys are pretty badass.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-22-11, 12:43 AM
Most of the guys with the whip antennas and custom exhaust on their trucks are high school age and usually living in rural cities. Once they hit about 20 they realize how ridiculous that look is and abandon it.

Stingroo
06-22-11, 01:02 AM
I'm not a fan of the billy-big-rig look, but a nice sounding exhaust on a truck would probably be one of the first things I'd do.

Then again, I live in no-emissions-land. :)

Aron9000
06-22-11, 02:13 AM
I love a truck with a healthy v8 rumble. My friend's 93 GMC with no cats, no mufflers, just straight pipes is ridiculous though, you can hear that thing half a mile away idling down the street.

I'm with Drew though on the guys with the shiny chromed out lifted trucks. Just a huge cock exstenion, the most off roading you've ever done with that rig is hopping over the curb at the mall where you bought your designer shades, Ed Hardy shirt, and had your hair highlighted.

STS_Seville_Hunter
06-22-11, 05:19 AM
A friend of mine tows a 30ft 5th wheel loaded with off road equip back and forth from Yucaipa to Havasu every weekend with his '00 Silverado with the 5.3 Vortec [gas!] and has 270k. runs like a champ. =] lol. just had to.

Every weekend since new?
Still meh gas has no advantages over Diesel. Our truck (98 12 valve cummins) towed heavy equipment from new until we got it at 190k miles and since then we tow/haul a 105 bales of hay (145 lbs each) twice a week plus moving and hauling horses multipul times a week. I'm sure the Silverado does it, but how easy?

Playdrv4me
06-22-11, 06:00 AM
There is no doubt that a Diesel engine is more efficient, reliable, and likely powerful in its towing and working capabilities than a gas mill, and no doubt that were I in the market for my dream pickup it would have a Diesel engine... Yet getting back to the topic of THIS thread (and adding even more "fuel" to the Ram Express's fire), there's no way you'd touch a Diesel from ANY of the three manufacturers for 21k, or even close.

ben.gators
06-22-11, 06:10 AM
This truck is going to change the game because of its price tag. I was thinking that Dodge will be able to steal truck shoppers from Ford, Chevy, and other major truck builders. But this price will hurt the marketing of its own trucks too. As an example, brandondeleo was saying that they just purchased a 2011 Ram Laramie with the 390bhp 5.7L Hemi for $48k. Well, The question is after introducing Ram express, will the customers still want to spend $27k more just to get extended cab, longer bed, and some luxury options? Or Dodge is going to reduce the price tag for other trucks?!

Playdrv4me
06-22-11, 06:21 AM
Geeze... I just priced out a 2011 Silverado HD standard cab with ZERO options but Duramax/Allison, and AFTER 3005.00 in rebates it totaled out to $34,800.00. I've got to say, if I had even a 50/50 mix of work/pleasure with my truck, it would be VERY tough to swallow a nearly $15,000.00 price premium for a Diesel. Ironically, the RAM counterpart is even worse, at $37,470.00.

JimmyH
06-22-11, 02:25 PM
Also, I found this and had to giggle:

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/81X11/Ram.jpg

That's awesome!

brandondeleo
06-22-11, 04:19 PM
I think that it comes down to personal opinion when deciding between diesel and gas. I prefer gas because it is smoother, quieter, and more comfortable, while I concede that diesel is more efficient, and I live in eastern Washington, so I understand the whole big hick truck thing... They think they are so cool with their straight piped trucks when they sound like morons... Lol. Straight piping is a quick way to ruin the look of a nice lifted truck.

HAZZARDJOHN
06-23-11, 11:32 PM
I love this pickup. My 04 ranger I bought new was more than that on invoice anyway (I worked for ford so I got it for about 10K off sticker) and that was 7 years ago. This is a great package. I love the new Ram and I think the second and fourth Gen Ram's are some of the sexiest pickups ever made. Now the fourth gens are not only sexy they are quality too. I don't necessarily agree that chrysler does much well, but their HD pickups have been superior in quality to the other two offerings for years IMO.

I own a second Gen dodge, and it is the best pickup I have ever been around. I plan on keeping it forever, mostly cause it is paid for and It is worthless on paper (I think it blue books for 6K), but it is such a great looking rig. It almost pains me to take it down a hunting trail...almost!

I always have and always will own a Pickup.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-24-11, 01:04 AM
It's funny to think that after all these years, the Ram is only on it's 4th generation, but I suppose, the first ran from like 1972-92.

93DevilleUSMC
07-01-11, 12:26 AM
You know, I'd love to see GMC build a stepside bed again and put a 6.2L in a single cab. Will that happen? Doubt it. But man, I do miss the GMC stepsides. They looked better than the Chevys, and could be had with a 5.3L. They were a basic yet powerful truck.

brandondeleo
07-01-11, 04:41 AM
Eeww. Stepsides are hideous. They look like someone took a truck smashed the rear end...

Aron9000
07-01-11, 02:34 PM
Only a couple of modern trucks look good as a stepside:

90's F150
http://rcarino.home.mindspring.com/images/spoondog_lightning.jpg
99-2002 Chevy/GMC, before they went to the ugly cat eyes front end on the chevys
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4446/3041/23614020017_large.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-11, 02:49 PM
The Tundra Stepside was hideous.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/attachments/1st-gen-tacomas/73409d1285471048-anyone-got-lifted-stepside-tundra_sport.jpg

Stingroo
07-01-11, 03:00 PM
The rear of that Tundra in general is hideous.

Playdrv4me
07-01-11, 09:28 PM
Man, I was *just* about to upload a pic to FB the other day of the back of the Tundra Stepside as I was driving along. In fact, I made a point to get a snap TWICE over a couple of days and kept forgetting to do it. My point was going to be how insanely out of touch Toyota had to have been to think American truck buyers were going to want JDM-shit stylized tail lamps on their big burly trucks. Those tail lights ruin the whole damn thing, which had the tail lights been more conservative like the 90s F150 Aron posted, would be passable.

brandondeleo
07-01-11, 11:24 PM
That Ford and Chevy aren't quite as bad, but damn... That Tundra... Wow. Lol

Playdrv4me
07-02-11, 01:42 AM
And the one in that photo has been modded. The stock ones look even worse. This pic gives a good idea for how massive those hideous tail lamps actually are.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/attachments/1st-gen-tacomas/73408d1285471048-anyone-got-lifted-stepside-tundra-stepside.jpg

Playdrv4me
07-02-11, 01:43 AM
Another problem I just noticed, that horrible lump that extends through the tail-gate. It's just awful.

brandondeleo
07-02-11, 03:24 AM
The tailgate has a malignant tumor...

brandondeleo
07-02-11, 03:25 AM
Or does it look like elephant man?

Stingroo
07-02-11, 09:47 AM
That TRUCK is a malignant tumor on the roadways of America.