: An update to the customer that was in london having tune issues.

wait4me
06-18-11, 03:41 AM
Turns out it was not a tune issue at all. The shipping company had drained his intercooler core and system when they shipped his car. So that is why the car was rich. It was pulling 15 degrees of timing due to iat2 temps maxed out. 15 degrees of timing was being pulled causing a 24% drop in fuel consumption needs. So the car was hitting 9s. As soon as we saw the system was empty, Dumped in a whole container off coolant and bleed out the system and then it was perfect. I did one touch up of timing down in the cruising area of pulling .5 deg from 800-1600 rpms, and that was the only tweek i had to do.

So it was not a tuning issue at all with the handheld..

The missing coolant was the reason why it ran good for 1 time, then got worse as the day went on.

EricVonHa
06-18-11, 09:35 AM
Wow, you would've thought that they would've noticed that the system was dry from not seeing any fluid in the filler neck. Though, I guess that most people aren't technically saavy. Glad you got it figured out and got a good vacation out of it too!

Razorecko
06-18-11, 09:52 AM
^ problem is you figure dealers & shipping companies would tell you something like that right ?

550HP STSV
06-18-11, 10:06 AM
It is standard practice to ship any ocean or air freight item completely purged of all chemicals and liquids.

mannyz
06-18-11, 08:19 PM
I was not informed of this procedure done to my car and I did not check the levels. In the end, its was my fault so im not blaming anyone else. I'm glad everything turned out ok. I cant wait to take it to the track and see the difference. That may explain why my trap speed was only 109mph coming from 6K to 0ft altitude. The car now pulls all the way thru the gears :). Feels great!

GM-4-LIFE
06-19-11, 01:19 AM
Nice diagnosis, Jesse.

I am still waiting for SCT to get back to me on my handheld issues for both of my 2011 Cadillacs. I still can't program my vehicles. HELP JESSE!

Jesse, please let me know when my order is ready to ship to me.

Thanks!