: Most halariously excuse for a vert (300) chrysler

Msilva954
10-15-04, 09:18 PM
:vomit::vomit::vomit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6175&item=2494724691&rd=1

DISCUSTING/Halarious all at the same time.....
Please give me 25grand so I can chop the top off of your car and put a wood kit in it, then have the nerve to call it rare...hahahah.

Ralph
10-15-04, 09:26 PM
If that's the new Bling, I'd rather have a door Ding! It looks like a pt cruiser now, ugly! How did they chop off the roofline on a 4 door and maintain frame integrity?

The chopped look was sort of the nice thing about these cars now... :helpless:

RBraczyk
10-15-04, 10:18 PM
Uuuugh, sickening.

Caddy Man
10-15-04, 10:28 PM
looks nasty...but looks just as nasty as the convertable DTS's, not to mention those chopped escalades which look MUCH worse than the chrysler. lo, they couldnt even chop a 300c, had to do a v6 model. But i'd have to say it is pretty rare. Never seen another one like it.

Sandy
10-15-04, 10:45 PM
Ugly has been taken to the next level !

Stoneage_Caddy
10-15-04, 11:12 PM
but it brings a new idea to the table .....a 2006 Chrysler Imperial ...

take a 300 , give it a 6 inch strech (3 inch rear cab , 3 inch trunk), hand built 426hp 6.1 HEMI , a LCD type full length moon roof (dial in ammount of sunshine) , more upscale outside styleing ,All Wheel Drive,led and hid lamps , and whatever high tech gooides will work from Diamler Chryslers parts bin ...maybe some maybach parts ?

majax
10-15-04, 11:47 PM
The wood kit gave the interior a little better charecter. The roof was so so I can't decide whether I like it or not, its weird for sure. 58k is way to much for that thing.

barge master
10-16-04, 04:56 AM
I'm gonna vote in favor of this one. I'd like to see it with the top down though.

airbalancer
10-16-04, 08:41 AM
If it drove by me I would think that it look pretty good.
I think it a car you would have sitting in your drive for a day or two tp decided . The closer you look the fault it looks

Sandy
10-16-04, 09:00 AM
The wood kit rocks!! :thumbsup:

The convertible conversion SCREAMS aftermarket. Some folks can't leave well enough alone. For $58,000 you can own BOTH a Sebring Convertible AND a 300C ! Used Sebring...)

Rolex
10-16-04, 09:33 AM
Add a leaking aftermarket convertible top to the list of problems...not good.

Pimpin_Whity
10-16-04, 10:32 AM
doesn't look too bad, but that thing would probably leak. i love the wood trim interior, does that come stock or is it just regular OEM wood dash kit?

Vesicant
10-16-04, 12:04 PM
Imagine the cowl shake and body flex going down the road ... :bonkers:

davesdeville
10-16-04, 03:46 PM
It doesn't look very good. Something tells me it would look better in a differant color though. And it's a 4 door, it just doesn't seem right to have a 4 door convertable.

majax
10-16-04, 04:46 PM
doesn't look too bad, but that thing would probably leak. i love the wood trim interior, does that come stock or is it just regular OEM wood dash kit?

They put it on its not factory

Cadillac has had some convertable sedans in the past.

Msilva954
10-16-04, 08:10 PM
My problems with it are:

V6 OMG CMON
58grand
Proportion

I like:
Wood kit and thats about it

Sandy is right........pay about 35 grand for a nice 300C and with the left over 23grand go buy some nice convertable out there.

Mitch3
10-20-04, 03:58 PM
This morning I saw a 300 with the fake convertible roof. It looked like it had a slanted roof design which I don't uderstand because the regular edition is pretty much squared off. Could never see the sense to those fake tops and I was about as impressed as with the real convertible. DON'T LIKE EITHER ONE. I am a big fan of the new 300 and really think it is a refreshing design considering the number of eggs out there. Damn you people. One of you said it looked like a PT Cruiser. Now that's all I can see. Thanks a lot!!!
Seriously, I put Chrysler, Cadillac, and believe it or not, Nissan at the top of the design list for 2004-5. Thank you Nissan for putting out a sharp car in the mid price range. That Altima is really a looker.

T_Dogg8
10-20-04, 04:28 PM
i kind of like it. but i've always like convertibles. i wouldn't want it if i lived in an area i had to have the top up all the time though. but other than that, i like it.

Ralph
10-20-04, 04:33 PM
One of you said it looked like a PT Cruiser. Now that's all I can see. Thanks a lot!!!

You're welcome! :lildevil: I do see the resemblance to one with the top down and the little Shelby Mustang rollbar.

I agree about the Altimas, my Aunt just bought a 2005 and it rides as quiet and smooth as nice as it looks, but that style has been around for a while now. I wonder how far Nissan will stretch it because it seems Honda does a re-style every 2-3 years.

GritMaster
10-20-04, 10:44 PM
OMG I WANT THAT THING!!!
It Comes With a CLCOK!! Can you beleive it?!?! It even Has FLOOR MATS and even a TACHOMETER!!! OMG I Can't live without that thing! I LOOOOOOOVE The pasted on PT cruiser top.

End Sarcasm

I think they took the top off a pt cruiser and pasted it on. I honestly do.
A dodge magnum convertible would look better then that.
Since when is 250 HP powerful?

Wood trim is nice though, put that on a 427 hemi 300c and I think I'd like it =P

Edit:\ And They Call it a 300M?! uhh.... they must be stupid.

Skuuter
10-21-04, 06:30 PM
I think it's unanimous that the car has been degraded by this "upgrade"!
I do agree that the wood trim kit is very nice, tho. The wheels are ugly and too small and I'm sure it rattles over any kind of bump :yup:

tru504187211
10-21-04, 06:57 PM
Don't tell me you searched for "300 convertable"...

RealmCenter
10-21-04, 09:47 PM
It's the sequal to gone in 60 seconds, except this time its about your factory warranty. Seen this done before to an S-Type at the Jag dealer I work at, say bye bye to your Chrysler factory warranty. who would want a 58k butchered new car with no warranty :confused:
P.S. No 4-door convertable will ever rival the '66 Continental
Darren

orange
10-24-04, 11:50 AM
It's the sequal to gone in 60 seconds, except this time its about your factory warranty. Seen this done before to an S-Type at the Jag dealer I work at, say bye bye to your Chrysler factory warranty. who would want a 58k butchered new car with no warranty :confused:
P.S. No 4-door convertable will ever rival the '66 Continental
Darren

i know cadillac had a 4-door convertable in 1937... but what other years?
lincoln i hear are STILL makin 4-door convertables...

but that thing just aint right... that shitty bar across the middle where the pillars are, it just looks like cheesey 1980's left overs... :nono:

Sandy
10-24-04, 01:01 PM
Lincoln has NOT made a convertible since 1967.
From 1975 to 1979 AHA of Ontario made custrom made Continential Coupes into convertibles. They looked 100% factory. They were not.

Playdrv4me
10-24-04, 03:42 PM
That is an absolute JOKE. And of all things, they couldnt even do the 300C!!?? I mean I MIGHT even consider it if it were a BLACK 300C, but in its current state absolutely not. For 58k I could get an M3 Convertible, err an SLK 55, err a CLK 430 err a Lotus Elise, err even a lightly used 03 Escalade and a Mazda Miata... the list goes on. Absolute waste, and they KNOW it, thats why its on Ebay.

evilrussian
10-25-04, 04:25 PM
This THING is just begging for some 13" Daytons and crushed velvet :histeric:

Playdrv4me
10-26-04, 05:57 AM
Its a classic example of the biggest baddest dealership on the block, with the most money, having an owner that is ENTIRELY OUT OF TOUCH (read "eccentric" err... stupid) with the rest of the world, doing something HE THINKS looks "cool" to try and top all of the other dealerships in town.

This is becoming more and more common too... The Isuzu and Mitsu dealers are NOTORIOUS for putting HUGE chrome rims on Rodeos, Axioms, Galants and Monteros to try to get people in the dealership, only to destory all hope when they tell them how much those add-ons cost. Sadly, Cadillac and Chrysler dealers are starting to do this alot more too, particularly with the Escalade, 300 and putting mediocre lift kits on Wranglers.

T_Dogg8
10-27-04, 08:16 AM
the chrysler dealership near me puts body ktis and decals on their neons. it'd be alright, but they do a crappy job. i think it's not a bad idea to offer add-ons like big wheels and maybe an upgrade to the engine or audio, if you can include it on your financing and keep a full factory warranty.