: Digital clock resets itself to midnight constantly

raytrade
06-17-11, 05:29 PM
I have had a problem with my 2007 Escalade for months. The digital clock on the radio (non-navigation version) will reset itself randomly when starting the car to 12 midnight on Jan 1 2005. The CD player will also reset itself when this happens as I hear the discs reloading in the changer. The radio presets and all radio settings are not affected and the car's electrical functions otherwise seem normal. I would have suspected a bad battery but this happens with no apparent pattern. Sometimes I can have the car sitting unused for a week and everything is normal when I restart it, other times, I have driven the car for an hour, then park it for 5 minutes to grab a coffee, and the digital clock will have reset itself again. This sometimes happens 3 or 4 times a day and other times won't happen for a week or more. It has gotten worse recently though and in the past 2 months has gone from being somewhat irregular to being frequent (almost every day, often several times a day). I have gone to the dealership and complained before my warranty expired in February, and the service advisor has personally witnessed this happen before her eyes when I restarted the car immediately after it was returned to me from service, yet she insists this is not something they have ever seen before and have no idea how to fix. Essentially they were unwilling to do anything. The battery has been tested recently and is totally fine. I am at a loss what to do as it has become a frequent annoyance. I really need advice about what to do or if there is some recourse I have through a Cadillac advocate or somewhere. I just feel like this should have been addressed and fixed during my warranty period (which again ended in February) and now I feel stuck with a problem that is only getting worse.

bstiffmanofsteel
06-17-11, 11:11 PM
Mine does this on occasion. We couldn't figure it out either... I plan to check all the connections again.

Big Windy Ext
06-18-11, 07:50 AM
There is a Cadillac customer service rep floating around the forums, her name is Elizabeth. You might want to get her involved.

bstiffmanofsteel
06-18-11, 10:13 PM
I have actually been to the dealer and had this looked at and never found the answer. I will begin checking all connections and ground wires in the truck!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-20-11, 11:16 AM
Raytrade & bstiffmanofsteel,

Could you both please send me your full contact information? I will also need your VIN and your current mileage.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

redsundance
07-24-11, 02:04 PM
I just bought my Escalade, and am having the same issues....I set the time, and when I get back in the vehicle it's reset to 12 midnight Jan 1 2005...how did you resolve this issue? What steps did you take to find out more info? I'd appreciate any help, please be gentle I'm a newbie...thanks in advance....Debra~

redsundance
07-24-11, 02:05 PM
I am also having the same issue...can you help me out? thanks so much~ Debra~

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-25-11, 11:33 AM
redsundance,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Have you consulted your dealership about this issue?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

mountaincaddy
08-31-11, 06:49 PM
I have the same problem on my 07 Escalade -radio clock resets as well as idiot lights flashing, radio reset, intermittent loss of power(1 sec), door locks cycling. Sometimes I can go for months without issues, other times I can see this happening many times in a week. ESV is at the dealer now and they can't reproduce the problem - and battery tested out OK. They have replaced the radio a year ago, but the problem is back again. Car is still under warranty for a few more weeks!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-01-11, 10:02 AM
Mountaincaddy,
Let us know how it goes when you get the vehicle back from the dealership.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Assistance

mountaincaddy
09-01-11, 11:01 AM
Got the car back after sitting at the dealership for 5 days. After driving for 31 miles, they could not reproduce the problem.
Not more than 5 min after picking up the vehicle, the problem happened again - airbag light was blinking and 'ding, ding' chimes.
Clock didn't reset this time around. My wife doesn't want to drive the vehicle anymore and I neither do I. Thinking of getting rid of it. This is not only a safety & technical issue but also a PR issue for me as well as Cadillac as I don't want to pick up my clients in this vehicle due to the embarrassing nature of the situation when you have a 80K vehicle going berserk on you anytime it wants. My '80 Fleetwood was more reliable.

magnuss9
09-13-11, 03:32 PM
I've had the exact same problem as described in the original post. Please post if anyone finds a fix.

99ssconv
09-17-11, 11:20 PM
perform a voltage drop across both battery cables, sounds like a cable issue

mountaincaddy
09-28-11, 04:18 PM
I brought the ESV back to the dealer as one afternoon after running some errands, the car would not turn over - completely dead, but then it started up 10 min later with no problem. They think they figured it out - battery cable. Looks like they drilled a hole in the positive battery cable terminal (where the two main + wires merge) and filled it up with weld/solder material. They didn't change the cables. I also had them change the mega fuse as well.
After almost two weeks now - no issues at all.
Will continue to monitor as this was a intermittent issue.

mountaincaddy
10-21-11, 01:00 PM
It has been a month and 1k miles later, no issues at all anymore!!