I can see the future, and it has one of these in my car....:cool2:

http://youtu.be/fh4Wae5RBVA

cbloveday
06-17-11, 11:35 AM
Can't wait to see the dyno.

Domsz06
06-17-11, 11:44 AM

for those of us with youtube blocked at work.

Junkie414
06-17-11, 11:53 AM
Such a small blower for such a big awesome motor :(

Domsz06
06-17-11, 11:57 AM
Such a small blower for such a big awesome motor :(

I don't know what the 2300 is cabable of, but at only 400 bigger then ours, and the stock LSA can overcome the 1900, I'd think you'd want to put a 2.8 or 3.6 on a motor like that. But everyone has their own goals, so perhaps this one meets that goal of that owner. I'm sure once there is a dyno and what not we will hear more and understand it all much better.

Junkie414
06-17-11, 12:00 PM
I don't know what the 2300 is cabable of, but at only 400 bigger then ours, and the stock LSA can overcome the 1900, I'd think you'd want to put a 2.8 or 3.6 on a motor like that. But everyone has their own goals, so perhaps this one meets that goal of that owner. I'm sure once there is a dyno and what not we will hear more and understand it all much better.

I've never even heard of anyone using a bigger blower then the 2300, other then D3 who has absolutely no supporting info for that combo and you have to send them your car...sorry but thats just not going to happen.

I'd like to see a 3.6L or bigger! or a procharger setup on one of these things.

Bushidopupil
06-17-11, 12:05 PM

for those of us with youtube blocked at work.

Thanks Dom, I also like your next post. We will see, yeah it could be just what the customer wanted, not to insane so less costly on the whole car setup ie tranny rearend etc etc...I think the Vid has notes that hope for 880RWHP motor then 1000RWHP with the bottle. I am really hoping for the 880 number and a very comp. RWTQ figure. That is where I want to go and call it done....

Domsz06
06-17-11, 12:11 PM
Thanks Dom, I also like your next post. We will see, yeah it could be just what the customer wanted, not to insane so less costly on the whole car setup ie tranny rearend etc etc...I think the Vid has notes that hope for 880RWHP motor then 1000RWHP with the bottle. I am really hoping for the 880 number and a very comp. RWTQ figure. That is where I want to go and call it done....

If I was spending the cash I'd really hope I was putting 1000 rwhp without the bottle. Only reason I say that is they are already hitting 750+ on stock motor, blower and the bottle. I realize that this bigger blower and motor will be more efficient so longevity is gonna be great. I just know if it was me, I'd want 1000 rwhp no bottle if I was spending that kind of coin.

Domsz06
06-17-11, 12:14 PM
I've never even heard of anyone using a bigger blower then the 2300, other then D3 who has absolutely no supporting info for that combo and you have to send them your car...sorry but thats just not going to happen.

here is their's
http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/djsanchez2/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=IMG_1095.mp4

Not much more then the above video, but it does run. They have one ultra charger running, it was on ls1tech. So there is one. And also I can't find the thread but Dr. Design said you do not have to send them your car, you just have to use one of their vendors. So if you lived in Houston you could use Paschal Performance which would probably use LMR since that's who does his work.

D3 is trying to expand their dealer network according to Dr. Design. He has also said that they have more dyno's they just will not post due to the negativity of what happens in this forum with Dyno's. He will email them to you though if you'd like to see em. If your really interested in something bigger, drop him a line. I don't have that kinda cash right now lol so I'll be happy with my goal of 700 rwhp no bottle :devil:

Luna.
06-17-11, 12:20 PM

Have you actually like...called them and asked?? They do have information about their "larger" setups.

Further, you do NOT have to send them your car.

Not sure where you got your information from, but it's faulty

Junkie414
06-17-11, 12:21 PM
here is their's
http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/djsanchez2/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=IMG_1095.mp4

Not much more then the above video, but it does run. They have one ultra charger running, it was on ls1tech. So there is one. And also I can't find the thread but Dr. Design said you do not have to send them your car, you just have to use one of their vendors. So if you lived in Houston you could use Paschal Performance which would probably use LMR since that's who does his work.

D3 is trying to expand their dealer network according to Dr. Design. He has also said that they have more dyno's they just will not post due to the negativity of what happens in this forum with Dyno's. He will email them to you though if you'd like to see em. If your really interested in something bigger, drop him a line. I don't have that kinda cash right now lol so I'll be happy with my goal of 700 rwhp no bottle :devil:

I'll get in touch with him, but I wouldn't send my car to Houston either. Plenty of capable tuner/builders in DFW. Just need the blower kit. That video is perfect, love the look and the size of the blower is more on par!

Domsz06
06-17-11, 12:22 PM
I'll get in touch with him, but I wouldn't send my car to Houston either. Plenty of capable tuner/builders in DFW. Just need the blower kit

I really would think that d3 would ship their blower to anyone at a shop, but who knows. Call and ask them. Back to on topic, lets not hijack the thread.

Bushidopupil
06-17-11, 12:23 PM
If I was spending the cash I'd really hope I was putting 1000 rwhp without the bottle. Only reason I say that is they are already hitting 750+ on stock motor, blower and the bottle. I realize that this bigger blower and motor will be more efficient so longevity is gonna be great. I just know if it was me, I'd want 1000 rwhp no bottle if I was spending that kind of coin.

I had the same goal to begin with, 1k at the wheels no bottle, and I don't plan to use the bottle either, but things could change. My ultimate goal is to have something that will last and last and last....I am willing to drop the coin, IF it is only one more time. I jumped to soon with my current setup as far as power goals go, but I guess it is best. I have only about killed myself twice at 600RWHP lol. Everything in stages I guess is good. Now I want to do the engine, exhaust, rearend, tranny and be done with it and just enjoy the hell out of it....

Bushidopupil
06-17-11, 12:29 PM
Jess,

Waiting anxiously for the dyno's sir.

Junkie414
06-17-11, 12:33 PM
Jess,

Waiting anxiously for the dyno's sir.

x2 cant wait to see it. Congrats on the awesome build!

cbloveday
06-17-11, 01:38 PM
Have you actually like...called them and asked?? They do have information about their "larger" setups.

Further, you do NOT have to send them your car.

Not sure where you got your information from, but it's faulty

Not sure what their current policy is but back in February, post #31 discussed the current install options. Concur with Luna, call D3 and see what the current install options are. They may have changed.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/222034-d3-kb-2-8-cts-v-3.html

wait4me
06-17-11, 05:19 PM
When i get back this car is top priority.

Im not sure why no matter what blower i use people say it isnt big enough... big enough for What exactly??

If a car makes the goal horsepower, is to not Big enough? :)

That same blower has made 1000RWHP on 2 of my personal cars. So i would say it is big enough for my goals.

Without nitrous.

Nitrous just fills the gap of having to not run so big of a cam and heads and compression, and higher octane...

The vid wasnt supposed to be seen yet. It is much different than the other companies out there. Mine clears the stock hood AND clears ls7 heads... hmmmm :) and my option is 4k cheaper.. ;)

The guy waiting for the blower in the vid has been very patient. It has taken alot of changes to make that blower fit like i want and flow the numbers i want it to..

At 9psi that same car was high 700s with no nitrous, so at 15psi, it will hit my goals.. :)

wait4me
06-17-11, 05:26 PM
Also, the purpose of the lsx engine is not to gain any substantial power over any other combo it is just built purely for strength and peice of mind and set themselves up for a safe future of mods when they want to go farther.. The amount people are spending on these mods are next to nothing.. Cheaper than some shops are charging for just a cam / head / install combo....

I can do any type of build though, not just an lsx. I can do ANY kind of build. I can do any kind of engine, and hp goal, any thing. All for cheaper than any other shop.

As far as service goes, i have went out of my way for EVERY customer i have. From flying all over the world for free to check out thier cars, to changing whole setups because they want to far, or not far enough, Phone support for work and parts we dont even sell or do, tech support for 100s of shops, even as far as buying cars for more than they are worth to make people happy.... Donating parts. Free labors, free dynos, ect... I dont think i can do much more to keep everyone happy..

zirotti
06-17-11, 05:32 PM
Also, the purpose of the lsx engine is not to gain any substantial power over any other combo it is just built purely for strength and peice of mind and set themselves up for a safe future of mods when they want to go farther.. The amount people are spending on these mods are next to nothing.. Cheaper than some shops are charging for just a cam / head / install combo....

I can do any type of build though, not just an lsx. I can do ANY kind of build. I can do any kind of engine, and hp goal, any thing. All for cheaper than any other shop.

As far as service goes, i have went out of my way for EVERY customer i have. From flying all over the world for free to check out thier cars, to changing whole setups because they want to far, or not far enough, Phone support for work and parts we dont even sell or do, tech support for 100s of shops, even as far as buying cars for more than they are worth to make people happy.... Donating parts. Free labors, free dynos, ect... I dont think i can do much more to keep everyone happy..

Man I I was still in Chicago my car would be with you yesterday.

Bushidopupil
06-17-11, 05:55 PM

Well for what its worth Jesse, thank you for all you have done for me and others, and will do.
sorry, did not know you didnt want it posted up. youtube sent me the notification and i got excited.

cbloveday
06-17-11, 11:48 PM

I can vouche for the above statement.
I have been working with Jes for going on 2 years now. The 6 hour round trip has been taken countless times.
My V is there now, having work done.

Razorecko
06-17-11, 11:52 PM
I think you should just leave a spare set of keys with Jesse =)

cbloveday
06-18-11, 12:18 AM
Lets just say, I recommend the Hampton Inn over the Ramada. :)

Junkie414
06-18-11, 05:42 PM

Why don't you ever utilize 6bolt heads instead of LS7 stuff?

cbloveday
06-18-11, 09:51 PM
I opted for a completely different engine all forged and thought the LS7 heads would flow better etc. The heads I have are 6 bolt too.

PhxTriode
06-19-11, 12:29 PM
LSX/LS7 heads are 6 bolt and can handle crazy cylinder pressures.