: Help buying an 2007 escalade...i need an advice

freddyfcs
06-16-11, 11:51 PM
Hi there...im pretty new here so first i would like to say hello to everybody first..
But i need help here..im trying to buy this escalade:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/2432735261.html

Price isn't bad and the car is one owner car but i did an extensive search and they dont make platinum escalades until 2008 and this one is 2007..I am missing anything here?
I didnt see the car in person yet,have plans to go there tomorrow but the guy told me this is an "gold edition" just because it has gold colored caddy front and rear emblems and of course all the platinum edition features on it...I checked already and this " gold package" is sold on ebay for 600 bucks...
it is possible that the previous owner did an platinum swap on it..or it is really an special edition escalade?
Please guys help out here..i have the vin number if is needed .....

thanks a lot

bstiffmanofsteel
06-17-11, 11:33 AM
If it's a 2007 he swapped the front end. Find out ifs it was due to an accident!?!?

freddyfcs
06-17-11, 11:41 AM
I know that crazy right? It has a clean carfax no accidents audit also has the platinum seats on it

h2kool4tn
06-17-11, 12:12 PM
I don't know why but it seems like every post on here is about 2007 models. You might want to check the reliability of this year since it is the first of the new generation. Might be worth it to bump up 1 year to a 2008.

bstiffmanofsteel
06-17-11, 03:16 PM
I know that crazy right? It has a clean carfax no accidents audit also has the platinum seats on it

So the previous owner took the time to upgrade it. Read a few previous threads, take it on a test drive.

bstiffmanofsteel
06-17-11, 03:20 PM
I don't know why but it seems like every post on here is about 2007 models. You might want to check the reliability of this year since it is the first of the new generation. Might be worth it to bump up 1 year to a 2008.

There is a very simple answer this. 2007 was the first year of the current build. You can get them at a good deal, especially if it is out of warranty...

blkEsc
06-17-11, 06:17 PM
I was on his actual website and I might be wrong but they have the truck in the craigslist add but a reg escalade body and interior not the platinum

PreachRR
06-17-11, 11:40 PM
http://www.rollsauto.com/thumbnails.php?album=1930

this is the truck I believe he was supposed to show in the pics.. that other one may have been an error with the pic.. I don't even see the other one listed on his site

nunomeza
06-18-11, 10:06 AM
How much warranty does a 07 escalade have from factory

h2kool4tn
06-18-11, 02:15 PM
I would guess 4 years factory (should be running out) and 5 years power train .... which is only good if the big stuff blows out. I am planning on buying extended warranty on my last year of the factory, hopefully extending another 7 years/100,000 miles.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-20-11, 05:14 PM
nunomeza,
There is a 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and a 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It goes by whichever comes first.

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

chris12
06-20-11, 05:19 PM
nunomeza,
There is a 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and a 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It goes by whichever comes first.

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

The factory bumper to bumper is 4 years or 50,000 miles on caddy's.. Thanks for the try though Mrs. GM customer service.

freddyfcs
06-20-11, 11:54 PM
hey guys thanks a lot on the replies...it ends up this is not the same truck listed by them...the guy just copied a platinum pic from somewhere and post on the craigs ad...in my opinion this is not the right way to do business...
it drove me crazy because i actually thought it was a very good deal for a 63k platinum truck at 32k(aking price)...i let that one pass and ended up buying today an 07 white one owner and added the extended cadillac warranty on it..truck has 50k miles and so far im pretty happy with it...
im glad now be part of this forum with such cool people...thanks a lot

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-21-11, 10:12 AM
Chris 12,

You are correct. I apologize for the mix up. I must have had a brain fart! I do not deal with just Cadillac so sometimes I get a little ahead of myself. Thank you for the correction.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service