: Sirius XM Radio Class Action Settlement at last

BeagleBrains
06-16-11, 06:29 PM
A Sirius XM Radio Settlement notice arrived in my U. S. Mail today.
Well deserved Class Action Suit, I believe. :thepan:
For more information about this Settlement: www.SatelliteRadioSuit.com (http://www.SatelliteRadioSuit.com)
Telephone number unreadable.
"........... .. included in the Class ... if .... . Subscriber from July 29, 2008 to July 5, 2011.
"Current Subscribers... ....... .."

EricVonHa
06-16-11, 07:02 PM
So, you got $1.02?

BeagleBrains
06-16-11, 08:54 PM
So, you got $1.02?
"Well deserved Class Action Suit."
There is nothing about financial reward, neither in my Thread nor the Settlement notice.
In view of the lenghy and spirited Thread complaining about SiriusXM service, this suit is satisfaction enough.
To assure my self respect, I would rather blow goats for a nickle a herd for financial gain.

550HP STSV
06-16-11, 10:52 PM
There is nothing about financial reward, neither in my Thread nor the Settlement notice.
In view of the lenghy and spirited Thread complaining about SiriusXM service, this suit is satisfaction enough.
To assure my self respect, I would rather blow goats for a nickle a herd for financial gain.

uhh....

SleepTight
06-16-11, 11:47 PM

The suit has nothing to do with quality of service. The premise of the suit is that the merger between Sirius and XM violated the anti-trust laws despite the fact that the FTC cleared it. And you won't even get $1.02. If you're a current subscriber, your benefit is that Sirius XM will not raise their prices until after December 2011:

However, as part of the Settlement, Sirius XM will agree to hold the base price at or below current rates through December 31, 2011 for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and other long-term subscriptions (but excluding lifetime subscriptions) for “mostly music,” “news sports and talk,” “a la carte,” and what are now known as the “select” and “select family friendly” packages (but were formerly known as “everything,” “everything family friendly” or “family friendly” packages).
Sirius XM has also agreed to keep the prices at or below current rates through December 31, 2011, for multi-radio subscriptions, Internet streaming, “Best of” plans (now known as the “premier” and “premier family friendly” packages), and the U.S. Music Royalty Fee.

Rolex
06-17-11, 12:16 AM
Despite the fact that class action suits just make lawyers rich and are generally not worth their effort for the minimal reward, I'm glad someone slapped their pee pee. XM can eat a Chinese poop burger IMO. Crappy outsourced customer service, abysmal sound quality, advertising on paid radio, terrible records keeping and dishonest billing practices. I could go on and on.

baabootoo
06-17-11, 12:57 AM
We need a lawyer here.......

Playdrv4me
06-17-11, 03:15 AM
I've paid for maybe 2 regular months of XM since I started using the service. I just call every 5 months and get another 5 months for 20 bucks. My XM talk channels are by far the most consistent and most entertaining companion entertainment when I travel. Would not think of giving it up. I definitely don't bother using it for music though.

Busabob
06-17-11, 05:57 AM

Well played!

EVIL_C5
06-17-11, 08:09 AM
just like every year, I will call and fight for the 77 dollar renewal, if they dont give it, I hang up and call again, and repeat until I succeed. if I cannot find someone before it runs out, then I let it run out, then they send letters begging me to come back....its a little cat and mouse game, probably costs them millions to do it, so why not just keep the prices lower so nobody wants to cancel....I know you gotta make a profit, and in their case, recover the billions invested in launching the service, but there are better ways to do it than creep the price up to the point where it feels like im paying for cable tv. plus, they should stop outsourcing their customer service overseas, nothing frosts my buns more than having to try to decipher what someone is trying to tell me, when english isnt their native tongue.

Stingroo
06-17-11, 08:47 AM
"frosts my buns" :lol:

BeagleBrains
06-17-11, 10:37 AM
SiriusXM Radio service encompasses the sound transmitted into your car and is certainly a direct function of your ability to pay for and reliably recieve said service. Where mismanaged accounting results in interruption of service, this Class Action Law Suit is a means to an equitable end for Subscribers.
Of course, the State/Federal mandates on Legal Fee charge percentages is abhorant and self-serving for lawyers. Oh ya! Weren't these laws written by Lawyers? Remarkable coincidence. :suspect:
Then again; restructuring of SiriusXM fees and forcing accurate accounting is an adequate reward. If SiriusXM were forced to pay each Subscriber a large cash settlement, I do not believe bank-rupting and subsequently terminating the service would be my intended goal.

JimmyH
06-17-11, 04:53 PM
"frosts my buns" :lol:

that's not a visual I need on a Friday afternoon

OffThaHorseCEO
06-17-11, 06:28 PM
did someone say cold ass?

ga_etc
06-18-11, 03:24 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h2EzbV4lTjA/SYeoVEEEIwI/AAAAAAAACYI/pXmyzy8X_0E/s1600/Farmgirl+Fare+Icy+Evie+and+Esmeralda.JPG

Stingroo
06-18-11, 11:20 PM
That's funny.

orconn
06-19-11, 12:12 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h2EzbV4lTjA/SYeoVEEEIwI/AAAAAAAACYI/pXmyzy8X_0E/s1600/Farmgirl+Fare+Icy+Evie+and+Esmeralda.JPG

Geez, what a pair of asses!

JimmyH
06-19-11, 01:23 PM
All asses come in pairs.