: Does anybody have a Red CTS-V?

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 04:03 PM
Talk me into it. Or out of it.

musclesbmf
06-16-11, 04:16 PM
Personally no front plate already installed for me. For those that have to run a front plate, there are other ways to mount it without drilling holes in the bumper...

Mark

Corvillac
06-16-11, 04:17 PM
I like red. Wife doesn't. Guess who won?

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 04:25 PM
Personally no front plate already installed for me. For those that have to run a front plate, there are other ways to mount it without drilling holes in the bumper...

Mark

Yeah, I hate that. Can't I just unbolt it and plug the holes? Red is my third choice, but it's got recaro's, UV, polished wheels, and even suede steering wheel and shift knob. Since it's a red sports car, I might get harassed for it, so I could get one of those auto flip plates.

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 04:26 PM
I like red. Wife doesn't. Guess who won?

So do you have to wash it all the time like black or does it blend in like silver/gray? Red would look killer with lightly tinted tails and tinted windows.

Tom_E
06-16-11, 04:26 PM
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a ZO6 this color and why I bought the V Coupe in the color. With the chrome wheels the color just pops.

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 04:31 PM
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a ZO6 this color and why I bought the V Coupe in the color. With the chrome wheels the color just pops.

Good to know. I'll ask you the same question. "So do you have to wash it all the time like black or does it blend in like silver/gray?"

Tom_E
06-16-11, 04:53 PM
Good to know. I'll ask you the same question. "So do you have to wash it all the time like black or does it blend in like silver/gray?"

I'm kinda of a clean freak, so every day I Calif Duster it, and every week use the Adams quick detailer.

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 05:13 PM
Alright. But when it gets dirty, do you see it like you would on black or is it not very noticeable like on silver/gray?

Ross L
06-16-11, 05:21 PM
Into It!

Tom_E
06-16-11, 05:28 PM
Alright. But when it gets dirty, do you see it like you would on black or is it not very noticeable like on silver/gray?

Not quite as visible as black (which I have owned) but certainly not as opaque as say a white or silver. If you never want to see the dirt/dust, then the red is probably not a good choice. But if you don't mind 5 minutes of dusting a day, then red might work for you.
http://www.usrainfo.org/forums/images/ctsv008.jpg

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 05:44 PM
So it's in the middle? I can deal with that. Black is just ridiculous.

EricVonHa
06-16-11, 06:06 PM
If it's at a dealer in Ohio....run. PM me for details.

samgar
06-16-11, 06:17 PM
I love it, and since it is a metalic red when the sun shines on it, it looks very reflective. Also since it is a luxury coupe" sorta sports car" it needs to be red.

haterinc
06-16-11, 08:51 PM
I love it, and since it is a metalic red when the sun shines on it, it looks very reflective. Also since it is a luxury coupe" sorta sports car" it needs to be red.

Agreed it really pops in the sun, tint and chrome look good vs the paint, and besides red is the fastest lol

BOYCHIKS
06-16-11, 09:27 PM
Red is definitely easier to keep clean than black. My xlr is red and doesn't show much dirt like my black sts... And the white coupe shows dirt on the rear pretty quick.

The front plate though is tough. It would bother me too much. There are plenty for sale out there.

JimmyH
06-16-11, 09:35 PM
I don't understand why you would have to be talked into it. It's an awesome color.

Domsz06
06-16-11, 09:46 PM
I hate red, but only cuz it's screams pull me over and it fades if you have to park it in the sun a lot. Other then that if that doesn't apply to you then get it, red can look sic!

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 10:10 PM
I like red, but it's just like Dom said, it screams pull me over. It's a pretty bright red too. I just want to make sure I don't need to wash it every week like with black.

Trapspeed
06-16-11, 10:48 PM
Go for it. It doesn't scream "screw with me" anymore than any other good looking ride to me and that color is nice as hell.

e6t
06-16-11, 11:12 PM
red is the fastest lol

no.

the fastest color is the only one that has no metallic... the metallic paint weighs more!

lol

MotownPimp
06-17-11, 01:02 AM
Man, that is a great red. If my wife did not have an equally red Lexus RX350, no doubt my CTS Coupe would have been red.

IMO, the only thing that counts is if you like looking at it every day. It should make you feel good. If it does, buy it. Our red Lexus does not show the dirt/dust. I don't think that is a consideration.

bacchus2678
06-17-11, 01:38 AM
If it's at a dealer in Ohio....run. PM me for details.

I am buying a V from a dealer in Ohio this week, can you PM me what you are talking about?

brlong23
06-17-11, 01:57 AM
Mine is red and the only other one I would have considered was the thunder grey. I think the tint sets it off...next step will be a new exhaust.

Kluch
06-17-11, 02:38 AM
I own black. Thought about red. Might get red next time with black wheels and yellow calipers. Go for the red! With regard to plugging the front license plate holes, that is tricky business. On my prior white diamond Cts, holes were plugged by dealer in the summer but in the cold of winter started to crack. Had to have it redone. Was also tough with the tricoat paint. Never again. If you get this v, just get a nice v-logo plate for the front bracket and forget it.

ProImaging
06-17-11, 08:24 AM
Red is where its at

Domsz06
06-17-11, 08:31 AM
Mine is red and the only other one I would have considered was the thunder grey. I think the tint sets it off...next step will be a new exhaust.

I think if you were to black out your chrome, and slightly tint your tail lights it would really POP! ;) but that's just me. Nice car though none the less. I think red like all the colors can be made to look really good. I just don't like it due to the LEO issue. Any LEO will tell you that red and yellow stick out so much more then other colors. If I didn't have a lead foot I know I would get red, but I already know my driving habits so not gonna put myself at any more of a disavantage then I already am.

As far as the front plate holes, any good body shop can fix them and you will never know they are there. It's gonna cost ya some money, but not an issue. Don't use a cheap plug or anything and you will be fine. Maybe put that in the offer, saying you'd give them X, but it's gonna cost you Y to get that fixed....

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the input.
Yes, showing dirt/dust is a consideration after coming from Black cars. I don't want to deal with it anymore.
I hate the front plate bracket, but it's going to be a deal breaker. I'll plug the license plate holes 2x a year if I had to.

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 08:34 AM
I think if you were to black out your chrome, and slightly tint your tail lights it would really POP! ;) but that's just me. Nice car though none the less. I think red like all the colors can be made to look really good. I just don't like it due to the LEO issue. Any LEO will tell you that red and yellow stick out so much more then other colors. If I didn't have a lead foot I know I would get red, but I already know my driving habits so not gonna put myself at any more of a disavantage then I already am.

As far as the front plate holes, any good body shop can fix them and you will never know they are there. It's gonna cost ya some money, but not an issue. Don't use a cheap plug or anything and you will be fine. Maybe put that in the offer, saying you'd give them X, but it's gonna cost you Y to get that fixed....

x1000! Exactly.
Not sure about the insurance myth going up because of color too.

Cub Cadet
06-17-11, 08:45 AM
Two negatives right off the bat...
1.) Front plate - that is a deal breaker for me. I would keep looking for one without.
2.) Front plastic trim pieces on bottom of front bumper are all chewed up. This is a $138 fix by replacing them. Easy to do, but have to buy all three... kit can't be separated. Watch classifieds though as people have spares for sale from their kits that they didn't need.

Caddy Wagon
06-17-11, 08:55 AM
I only considered Crystal Red red and Thunder Gray. After seeing the gray in person, I didn't like some of the shades of color it exhibited. Top that off with the fact my salesman helped get a red car built with black wheels from the factory made the decision that much easier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/lrc4x4/AR/CTS-V/1280_Lowered007_HDR.jpg

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 08:59 AM
Two negatives right off the bat...
1.) Front plate - that is a deal breaker for me. I would keep looking for one without.
2.) Front plastic trim pieces on bottom of front bumper are all chewed up. This is a $138 fix by replacing them. Easy to do, but have to buy all three... kit can't be separated. Watch classifieds though as people have spares for sale from their kits that they didn't need.

Only seen a few without it but it's Black or White. Not a big deal. Found some plugs I can use for pretty cheap.
I noticed that too.

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 09:00 AM
I only considered Crystal Red red and Thunder Gray. After seeing the gray in person, I didn't like some of the shades of color it exhibited. Top that off with the fact my salesman helped get a red car built with black wheels from the factory made the decision that much easier.

Tint and black wheels really set it off. :thumbsup:

Torxila
06-17-11, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Caddy Wagon;2627935]I only considered Crystal Red red and Thunder Gray. After seeing the gray in person, I didn't like some of the shades of color it exhibited. Top that off with the fact my salesman helped get a red car built with black wheels from the factory made the decision that much easier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/lrc4x4/AR/CTS-V/1280_Lowered007_HDR.jpg[/QUOTE

Simply Fargin' Awsome... needs personal Plate "WAGON8R"
From the 1 of 1 club as well (Evo Green, +RB9)
George

haterinc
06-17-11, 09:53 AM
i don't think the red is that bright at all unless the sun catches it just right... i find it often looking like a wine reddish color and often wish it popped a lil more like in direct sunlight. so i'm in agreement it doesn't stick out more. i've had no issues thus far and even a few thumbs up from some traffic cops in passing.

ekyub
06-17-11, 10:02 AM
I love the V in red especially with black interior.

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 10:06 AM
Gotta be black interior or I would have gotten that 2011 with titanium recaro's already.

Domsz06
06-17-11, 10:11 AM

that's what I'm talking about. I could only imagine what it would look like if you would do the grille, and the side vents in black too. Well done sir!!! :thumbsup:

Caddy Wagon
06-17-11, 12:36 PM
that's what I'm talking about. I could only imagine what it would look like if you would do the grille, and the side vents in black too. Well done sir!!! :thumbsup: Thanks bro. The grill and side vents will be getting done, as well as the trim on the rear hatch and bumper.

Domsz06
06-17-11, 01:53 PM
Thanks bro. The grill and side vents will be getting done, as well as the trim on the rear hatch and bumper.

Please post up! Wife wants a coupe, but I don't want another 2door in the house. I thinnk I might be able to get her out of the "no way in He!! will I drive a station wagon" mentallity once she sees yours.

Thanks man!! :thumbsup:

JimmyH
06-17-11, 04:30 PM
i don't think the red is that bright at all unless the sun catches it just right... i find it often looking like a wine reddish color and often wish it popped a lil more like in direct sunlight. so i'm in agreement it doesn't stick out more. i've had no issues thus far and even a few thumbs up from some traffic cops in passing.

+1, the burgundy-ish color is not as in your face as a fire-engine-type red.

bash535i
06-19-11, 12:44 AM
I've got the Crystal Metallic Red also. I believe it is actually a glass particle paint rather than metallic. Regardless, it is highly reflective when clean and still has a sheen even with a slight film of road crud on it. My last car was a sapphire black metallic and the CMR is much easier to keep looking good.

RogersV
06-19-11, 11:09 AM
My 2009 Crystal Red hasn't faded in the Florida sun, hides a little road dirt well, the color gets great accolades at car shows and it doesn't look like it belongs in a funeral procession. :smilewide: Life is good.

MotownPimp
06-19-11, 01:18 PM
To the OP: From comments here, it looks like a red V is in your future.

To Caddy Wagon: That is one fine, fine looking example of Detroit art! :2thumbs:

Lmiller11
06-19-11, 02:10 PM
I love the red and it was my first choice, but the deal I got on a Thunder Grey coupe was just too good to pass up. They had drilled holes in the front, but I complained and the dealership fixed it for me for free. They don't drill holes in the vettes and I said that since my car cost almost $20,000 more than the vette sitting there, why would they be getting a drill out? They said they were not going to pre-drill any more holes in the V's without asking the buyer. Still they fixed it like they were never there.

Lisa

M5eater
06-19-11, 08:36 PM
So it's in the middle? I can deal with that. Black is just ridiculous.

Amen to that.

muohio
06-19-11, 11:06 PM
I love the red. Looks awesome when the sun hits it during the day.

brlong23
06-20-11, 01:37 AM
I'd consider adding black rims to mine to match the tint but I am not a fan of the yellow calipers that accompany the factory set. To me, it is not an attractive look with the red...o each his own though.

Kluch
06-20-11, 03:07 AM
I think the black wheels and yellow calipers look awesome on the red v. They really pick up the colors in the v logo nicely with the color of the car itself. Can't understand why this option is not available w/o inside help.

JimmyH
06-20-11, 02:04 PM
I think we can conclude that OP should buy a red CTS-v.

smackdownsrt
06-20-11, 02:35 PM
I have opened my options to include red now. Silver, Thunder Gray, Red, or Black Diamond. And black as a last resort. White is definitely out.

kyle's v
06-21-11, 06:49 PM
The red is pretty bright when it's clean and in the sun. My wife did get a ticket the first 2 months we had it also:mad2:.
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l435/boner929rr/Monicascar008-1.jpg

RogersV
06-21-11, 07:30 PM
The red is pretty bright when it's clean and in the sun. My wife did get a ticket the first 2 months we had it also:mad2:.
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l435/boner929rr/Monicascar008-1.jpg

It probably wasn't the red it was the "V". :D :D