: Chewed up gasket on sunroof - 2010 SRX

bg1811
06-16-11, 11:24 AM
I noticed a water stain on the front passenger side of the sliding headliner. Upon further examination, I found the front sunroof gasket that runs across the front of the sunroof was damaged. The gasket had a jagged edge across about 3/4 of the gasket. I took it to the dealer who has the parts ordered. The service writer said he had never seen this before.

sube5186
06-16-11, 02:33 PM
Was this a newly purchased vehicle, or pre-owned? How long have you had it before this happened? Has the vehicle been exposed to rain on previous occasions without a leak? By its very design, this kind of damage to the gasket is not something that can normally happen just from opening and closing the sunroof. This sounds like damage from some reckless or negligent action. Anyone other than you have access to the vehicle?

Sube

bg1811
06-17-11, 10:39 AM
I purchased the vehicle with 14,000 on it is March, 2011. It has been in rain before. I agree that it is odd. I've only opened the sun roof once or twice to show it to my grandchildren.

sube5186
06-17-11, 10:57 AM
Must have somehow been damaged by the previous owner. Who would even think to check something like this during the initial inspection? Guess we learn something new every day. Oh well, at least it sounds like they're fixing it for free under warranty.

Sube