: Car alarm when engine off

srxy
06-16-11, 05:40 AM
hey so i have a 2011 SRX and whenever i sit in the car with the engine off and just listen to music or whatever the car alarm goes off after 10 minutes, i have to start the car to make the alarm stop. is there any way to disable this?

sube5186
06-16-11, 01:19 PM
hey so i have a 2011 SRX and whenever i sit in the car with the engine off and just listen to music or whatever the car alarm goes off after 10 minutes, i have to start the car to make the alarm stop. Is there any way to disable this?

Please clarify what you mean by "goes off". The car alarm turns off, or it starts sounding? Are you locking the doors right after you turn the car off? If so, by doing this you're activating the alarm. As soon as the 10 min RAP (Retained Accessory Power) period ends, the alarm becomes active. Even then, it shouldn't sound unless you open a door.

If this is the case, whenever you sit in the car listening to the radio with the engine off, simply don't lock the doors and the alarm should not arm.

If I was you, I wouldn't listen to the radio for that long with the engine off, especially at high volumes. If you have the Premium sound system you're powering 10 speakers, including a sub woofer. The battery is very easily drained down with this kind of draw on it.

Sube

stevec5375
06-16-11, 01:34 PM
I have experienced this and Sube is right. If you have the doors locked and the RAP expires (about 10 minutes) and you open a locked door, the alarm will sound. The trick is either not to lock the doors, OR if you have them locked, use the button on the console to unlock them BEFORE you open the door.

sube5186
06-16-11, 01:48 PM
Yelp. The unlock button on the remote will work as well.

Smokin' SRX
06-19-11, 10:57 PM
In summer (warm weather above 70*F) the battery can easily handle an occasional 10 minute radio rant, if you drive it at least 15 minutes a day above 35 MPH. Local is OK too, but NOT rolling stop and go traffic. But I wouldn't do it 3 times a day, w/o a good 10 minute run in between. In winter DON'T, unless the eng is running. The oem battery is barely adequate for this rolling amp addict. If I keep mine past lease, a higher CCA battery spec is a must! And it fits fine! SS

sube5186
06-19-11, 11:24 PM
The oem battery is barely adequate for this rolling amp addict.

You got that right. I counted 15 different interior lights that come on every time you open the driver's door. Now, who can name them?

Sube

Smokin' SRX
06-20-11, 10:04 AM
SUBE , If I had that much time I'd wax the SRX! LOL!!!

sube5186
06-20-11, 11:07 AM
SUBE , If I had that much time I'd wax the SRX! LOL!!!

:histeric:

You just reminded me. It's about that time.

Sube

TheCaptain
06-21-11, 11:24 AM
Diamond Gloss ftw! :D

Sube: 4 Under door lights
4 overhead console lights
2 front footwell lights
1 glovebox light
3 cargo area lights

Sube, i can only remember 14! :hmm:

sube5186
06-21-11, 10:19 PM
Sube, i can only remember 14! :hmm:

I didn't count the glove box light, since that only comes on if the glove box is opened too. You missed the door sill LEDs with the "Cadillac" script. You're slipping Capt. You should know this better than anybody, being that you've replaced every interior light known to mankind with LEDs. :histeric:

Sube

TheCaptain
06-21-11, 10:39 PM
:p:p

lol

Smokin' SRX
06-22-11, 08:27 PM
I hear jumbo jets are following him to the airport at night!! LOL

She's a beaut Capt!

SS