: Rockin' in my Recaro's...

js615
06-15-11, 02:13 PM
...and I'm not talking about cranking Van Halen on the radio...

Has anyone else noticed a slight "give" when your body puts more load on the seat, say when you go over a speed bump or even when you mash the accelerator? I'm not talking about grandma's rocking chair here, just what can be percieved as movement in the seat that alomost feels as if it's not bolted down tightly in the front. It does not occur under normal cruising just under increased gravity situations as noted. I checked the mounts and everything seems tight.

Maybe I'm the one with the screw loose... :hmm:

e6t
06-15-11, 02:21 PM
yep.

known issue.

dealer cannot duplicate.

js615
06-15-11, 02:23 PM
So there's at least two of us with screws loose. At least I know I'm not the only one.

Trapspeed
06-15-11, 06:56 PM
I love how they "cannot duplicate". Hell, drive the damn thing!!!

Mystical_Ice
06-15-11, 10:52 PM

Has anyone else noticed a slight "give" when your body puts more load on the seat, say when you go over a speed bump or even when you mash the accelerator? I'm not talking about grandma's rocking chair here, just what can be percieved as movement in the seat that alomost feels as if it's not bolted down tightly in the front. It does not occur under normal cruising just under increased gravity situations as noted. I checked the mounts and everything seems tight.

Maybe I'm the one with the screw loose...

YES - first time it happened to me (under the same conditions you described) i couldn't bleieve it - thought my seat was loose

Cub Cadet
06-16-11, 12:56 PM
This was also on the 2009 I test drove that had recaros. This and the fact that they were very uncomfortable led me to the standard seat option. I have never heard of any issues with the standard seats.:D

Domsz06
06-16-11, 01:00 PM

Maybe I'm the one with the screw loose... :hmm:

My passenger seat had the same problem, but I didn't know it until my brother sat in it and pushed back. I took it in and it turns out the bolts were loose on the bottom. They just tightened it down and there wasn't an issue. I started to notice the driver was a bit loose too, and I just did it at home and applied some lock tight to it. No issues sense with over 20k on the clock.

js615
06-16-11, 02:22 PM
Thx. One would think that the dealers would be checking seat bolts...is this a TSB or is GM just considering this a gripe by customers?

DrMongo
07-09-11, 01:11 PM
I'm presently in a std seated non-V sedan loaner while my V-coupe is oredered. Noticed the seat rock on the drive home and multiple times since. Called dealer, he said they have had the complaint several times on V's and non V's and have not been able to diagnose the cause, GO FIGURE! Hope my recaro coupe is immune to the mystery seat disease.

shchow
07-09-11, 01:27 PM
yep.

known issue.

dealer cannot duplicate.

Dealers are so retarded...
It's either loose or not.
How difficult is it to check the bolts?
The other possibility is the adjustment mechanism in the chair itself has "play"...

MrMaschine
07-23-11, 06:48 PM
guys my car had seat frames replaced and it still has an issue, to be honest taking to the dealer, wasting time to have them say they can not duplicate is just bad customer service. I plan to fix this on my own with some friends because the dealers could care less, its s shame to pay 3k for seats that creak, rattle and rock when you drive, just plain unacceptable

mrl859
07-23-11, 09:41 PM
My passenger seat had the same problem, but I didn't know it until my brother sat in it and pushed back. I took it in and it turns out the bolts were loose on the bottom. They just tightened it down and there wasn't an issue. I started to notice the driver was a bit loose too, and I just did it at home and applied some lock tight to it. No issues sense with over 20k on the clock.Which bolts specifically?

ecorpuz12
07-23-11, 10:30 PM
i had the same problem, the seat would make a creaking noise whenever the vehicle changed direction...the lead service tech stuck his head behind the seat while i moved/squeaked it back and forth for him. my dealer replaced the seat rails under warranty. it's like i'm driving a brand new car again. except for that stupid sunroof creaking of course.

try to have the tech listen to the noise behind the seat while you rock it back and forth.

bacchus2678
07-24-11, 09:42 AM
I have the same problem but I don't have the Recaro's. I feel a slight give, it isn't much but enough for me to notice.

1madstsv
07-24-11, 09:58 AM
Don't feel bad most all the Sts-v had the same problem. It was the seat track had play in it. Just what you want in a $78,000 new car. Good old gm for you. They put some sort of shim in the track to take up the play.