: Well iwent with the Nitto's on the wife's V

ProImaging
06-15-11, 10:33 AM
decided since it's her daily driver and she rarely gets above 65 to put the Nitto's on there. I've been forbidden to Mod it so no sense in spending the extra cash on expensive tires. will see how they perform when i pick it up. the tread design looks cool. :suspense:

kcshaner
06-15-11, 10:34 AM
That is what I put on mine, love em!

Domsz06
06-15-11, 10:36 AM
i put the invo's on my z06 and I like em a lot.

ProImaging
06-15-11, 11:24 AM
good deal i was a little worried about going wih them. just couldnt see spending close to 2 grand for soft tires to haul the kid to school and back.

haterinc
06-15-11, 11:34 AM
i have invo's on my as well too and really like them but i'm torn with invo's, t1r's, or ps2s on the next set for my custom wheels? i want a sticky performer... what do you guys think if price wasn't a concern?

js615
06-15-11, 11:39 AM
decided since it's her daily driver and she rarely gets above 65 to put the Nitto's on there. I've been forbidden to Mod it so no sense in spending the extra cash on expensive tires. will see how they perform when i pick it up. the tread design looks cool. :suspense:

Are those all season tires? Can you share a link?

MotownPimp
06-15-11, 03:04 PM
i have invo's on my as well too and really like them but i'm torn with invo's, t1r's, or ps2s on the next set for my custom wheels? i want a sticky performer... what do you guys think if price wasn't a concern?

I'd check Tirerack reviews to see feedback on the tires in sizes you use. Given the speeds our cars (even non-V) can achieve & our inclination to well exceed the speed limits (under safe conditions), I'm a get-the-best-tires-you-can guy. Link to Tirerack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

By the way reviews do not include Toyo T 1Rs because Tirerack does not sell them. I ran the T 1Rs on my Z & was real happy with them. I saw other reviews that gave me comnfort on T 1Rs safety at speed.

My CTS Coupe came with Conti Contact 3s; they do fine in Tirerack reviews (nice job GM) but I'll probably replace with PS2s when time comes.

Now, if the car is not being run at excessive numbers, lessor tires are fine.

LV_V
06-15-11, 03:57 PM
What sizes did you go with in the Invo's?

ProImaging
06-15-11, 04:17 PM
stock sizes, 255-40-19 on the front and 285-35-19 on the rear

CTSV4now
06-15-11, 04:39 PM
How do they feel compared to the PS2s, especially on cornering?

haterinc
06-15-11, 04:54 PM
stock sizes, 255-40-19 on the front and 285-35-19 on the rear

those are the size i have as well. they feel good, are VERY quiet, but i have broken them all lose around some corners accelerating sternly and the tc was off but st was on so it kept it inline. i'm hoping the ps2s in a 21" and 295 rear will grip more because i feel these could be better. i haven't seen it but was doing some online research in another forum (bmw maybe) and they said there was a recent mag test (maybe road and track or mt) that said the invo's were terrible in their performance and ranked down near some tire i'd never heard of. they said the t1r's were decent and loved the ps2s i think. the invo's were stated as more of a show tire meant for people with rims and liked the look of the tire but sacrificing performance adding the side walls were stiff. the t1r's sidewalls were said to be softer and not as good in corners but great on the straight away which might be nice since 21s wouldn't have much wall anyway. dunno still torn and might just do the ps2s again unless i find out more on one of the others...

the ps3s or what michelin changed the name to "super sport" are out in the rear size i want, but not the front. other odd thing about those is the fact that they claim to last about 25% longer than the ps2s which would indicate to me they're not as soft thus not as much grip. someone correct me if i'm missing something on that...

Razorecko
06-15-11, 06:29 PM
I had the invos. My honest opinion is that they lose traction wildly. As soon as you start losing grip the V slides all over the place. They are also not that good in the rain. I like my re-11's much much better. Better in the dry and incredible in the rain.

DoingOK
06-15-11, 06:35 PM
Look into the Michelin Super Sports.

elevated
06-15-11, 06:52 PM
My experience with Nittos, is that they are nice the first few thousand miles, but then they get stiff and loud in a hurry.

1madstsv
06-16-11, 02:33 AM
I have invos on my c5 they are good in the rain a 75+ mph and I can pull over 1g in the turns dry. I drag race and autocross. 3 out of 4 autocross events I got 1st. Ran a c6/zo6 on race tires. I can pull 1.82 60ft in the 1/4. I like them a lot it's all in the air pressure.

thebigjimsho
06-16-11, 05:59 PM
On stock PS2s...

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/22963540/392797841.jpg

thebigjimsho
06-16-11, 06:01 PM
I wish the Super Sports were out in stock sizes. They should be by next year...

haterinc
06-16-11, 08:45 PM
I wish the Super Sports were out in stock sizes. They should be by next year...

Why do you think they're better than ps2s when they're harder and last 25% longer and cheaper... the extended wear? Seen anything that says otherwise? I could get them on the rims size I'm buying.

thebigjimsho
06-17-11, 11:54 AM
Why do you think they're better than ps2s when they're harder and last 25% longer and cheaper... the extended wear? Seen anything that says otherwise? I could get them on the rims size I'm buying.http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=141

The Super Sport is different from the PS3. You can see the tread differences in pics on the Tire Rack website. The outer tread blocks on the Super Sport looks similar to the Sport Cup track tires. R&T did say the Super Sport will be called the PS3 in Europe. I'd get 'em if they were in the right size...

ProImaging
06-17-11, 05:40 PM
Are those all season tires? Can you share a link?
nitto invo http://www.nittotire.com/index.html