: I'm looking this 2009 CTS-V. How's the price?

Koooop
06-14-11, 06:38 PM
http://www.phillipsauto.com/web/used/Cadillac-CTS-V-2009-Newport-Beach-California/1472756/

It's a 2009, under 14,000 miles with new tires. Black on Black, real nice Southern California car.

I don't know if $49,900 is a good price for this thing.

I'm thinking about trading up from my V1.

(Nice typo in the header :helpless: )

GMDuramax
06-14-11, 06:58 PM
Well based on what the desc is, it sounds fair. I have been looking diligently everyday for 3 weeks now. Either deals falling through or V ended up not being sound. I found one myself, loaded to the gills but no sunroof?!? I guess it is not a bad thing. Hear alot of complaints about it and when I thought about it, I don't really use the sunroof on my TL anyways, I don't even draw the shade open so I guess its no biggie. As far as price goes, IMHO I think it is fair. I'm still trying to figure out a price point for these V's. Some I've seen with 30K miles and are asking $59K, some I've seen with 13K miles and asking $45K, go figure! I was ready to pull the trigger so many times but then found things that were off. Such as this one was a 2010, 13K miles loaded (Upgraded seats, Heated/cooled seats, etc, $48.9, look at the carfax, had 5 owners?) Another one was a 09 18K miles looking for $46.9, loaded again, everything looks good but when asked to have it certified, they said no. I was looking around here through the forums and saw someone typed, "Owners that are in the know, know how to get a V for under $60K" If I know how to get a new V for under $60, then hell, Ill spend the money for new. Otherwise the whole point to get pre-owned for me at least is to avoid GGT and let the first owner take the first $15-20K hit when they decide they want a coupe instead of a Sedan.
So out of all my rambling, I am sure you can knock off another $500-$1000.

jb_bgg
06-14-11, 07:39 PM
Considerably overpriced with no Recaros and automatic. You can find these with Recaros ($3400 option) for 43-45K with similar or less mileage. 2010 are going low to mid 50's...

Koooop
06-14-11, 07:52 PM
The dealership doesn't really stock American Iron, he just wants to move it.

I'm not even sure if I want to buy a V2 yet, I just bought the wife a new car... Two expensive cars in one year may be a shock my system can't handle! I'm on the fence on making an offer on it. I had Recaros a few years back, I don't miss them but maybe they're comfortable these days.

It sure is a bunch faster than my '05!

GMDuramax
06-14-11, 08:16 PM
Probably not any more comfortable, still suh-weet though. I mean I don't know the entire details of the V but it might have recaros. Lots of dealers don't list that option for some reason. As for price wise, like I said, I really can't pin point a number, but from what I've seen so far, $49 is fair but $45.5 - $46.0 sounds a whole lot better, especially if it has recaros. There is one on ebay, 10' Loaded to the nines, its listed at $58.9 but when I called it dropped to $56.5 in an instant. So I dunno where pricing starts and ends.

jb_bgg
06-14-11, 08:51 PM
Interior pics will show stock or recaros. There's a 2010 auto on classifieds on this site for $50K....

smackdownsrt
06-14-11, 08:55 PM
I said it in the other thread, but it applies here as well. My thinking on used is $40k-$43k for 2009, $45k-$48k for 2010, and $50k-$52k for 2011. All pending mileage, options, gmvis, and certified or not. I'm only $3k-$4k short of making a deal on a couple locally. I'd prefer not to settle when spending $50k.

js615
06-14-11, 08:58 PM
Considerably overpriced with no Recaros and automatic. You can find these with Recaros ($3400 option) for 43-45K with similar or less mileage. 2010 are going low to mid 50's...

Um, no... I spent over a month in researching availability and prices, so I am very well grounded in my statement. For a 2009 CPO car with low mileage and fully equipped, you should expect to pay $50-$53K. Lower mileage is the difference. You may find some lower prices from personal sellers and you may even find some non-Cadillac dealers selling in the $48-$49K range, however those are far and few between. When I called on these miles and ran VIN checks I found many of these cars were well used (lots of service records) and some had been formerly modified (beware of warranty issues). However, buying a CPO gets you an inspected vehicle that will have a 6 year/100K mile factory warranty.

You may in fact find a really good deal - there are always exceptiosn to any rule - but i can say from personal research the averages I shared above (just bought my '09 4 weeks ago) are solid.

Just my $.02 - YMMV.
J.

smackdownsrt
06-14-11, 09:04 PM
Interior pics will show stock or recaros. There's a 2010 auto on classifieds on this site for $50K....

I saw that one too. I was considering it and would have made the long ass drive and bought it for $50k. But, and there is always a but! It's an auction and supposedly has a reserve. :suspect: And when I inquired, they changed it to a 365 day auction and the price is $58k. :tisk:

Koooop
06-14-11, 09:22 PM
These don't look like Recaro seats. I did get a couple of pictures, the car is real nice. This is not at a Cadillac Dealership, so it's not CPO. I should check to see what warranty is on the car, maybe the prior owner paid for the Major Guard.

The new tires add a bit of value as well.

smackdownsrt
06-14-11, 09:30 PM
Nope, not recaro's. Are the wheels even polished?

Koooop
06-14-11, 09:40 PM
Nope, not recaro's. Are the wheels even polished?

Fortunately the wheels are not polished

jb_bgg
06-14-11, 09:41 PM
You're correct, Koop; those are stock seats. The 2010 in classified in this forum has the recaros so you can look at that to see the differences. RE: pricing, each deal has it's pros and cons, particularly when it comes to mods/factory warranty good or voided, etc. A 2010 loaded bone stock black raven recently listed on this site was $52K; sold in less than a week and previous owner bought a 2011 coupe. There's deals on good low mileage stock garage queens out there; may take a little extra time to find them but if the economy remains flat there will be more that come up.

GMDuramax
06-14-11, 10:25 PM
I concur with JS and smackdown. These are the prices that I have been coming into as well. I am looking for a 2009-2010 V with resonable mileage. Nav, recaros, Heated/cooled seats are important to me and I will compromise on a few things like recaros and cooled seats, but NAV is a must only because I like having it go up and down. (Thats what she said) Anyways, pref paint color is Black Diamond(I know its hard to find a pre-owned one) Black Raven, White Diamond, and Crystal Red Tintcoat and all with black interior. I've found a dozen of V's that I like but there is always something. Either no heated seats(Did not know it could come like that), two tone interor, Ultraview, or something else that made me think twice. My thinking is just like anyone else, no one wants to drop serious coin on a machine that they don't think is absolutly perfect. In my mind, I want a V, for a resonable price, and is the one I want. I plan on keeping my next car till the wheels fall off. So while Im paying it iff for 3 to 5 years, I might as well get everything that I exactly want.

As for the $49K CTS in the classifies, I called about it and Yea, its from Hendrick, it is an auction type, and it is $58, but was told $57.5 would do it. So to me that means $55 to $56K would also do the job. The rep I talked to also got me a little scared to pull the trigger on a V I found after he told me about the 2 V's that came in and needed the rear end replaced.

GMDuramax
06-14-11, 10:33 PM
Yeah, That $49K price point just flat lined. This is a first, I coulnd't believe it till I saw it. I have never seen a V with out Ultraview and NAV. Now that is a stripped out V. Unless that price comes down to $41K I may put an offer in, otherwise, IMHO this is a type of V you mod the crap out of and track it.

Mike02z
06-14-11, 10:36 PM
Here are the Recaro's..

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/DSC_0022Medium.jpg

My 11 Sedan had to have 2 options, Recaro's and 6 speed manual. I just found the stock seats not nearly supportive enough.

When I was shopping for V's I started by looking at used 09's and 10's and most with low miles and Recaro's were between 50-56k. Maybe prices have dropped in the past 3 months since I was looking. I wound up going new because I found the exact combination of options I wanted at a discounted price.

thatcoder
06-14-11, 10:58 PM
What would my 2009 Blk/Blk/Blk AT, Recaro, Ultraview, no mods, tint, clear bra and powder-coated wheels with 4k miles fetch me sold personally?

GMDuramax
06-14-11, 11:00 PM
it would depend on the options. KBB gives a number but it seems like there is another price guide, which I think is more fair. Give us a little more detail.

thatcoder
06-14-11, 11:03 PM
it is fully loaded.. suede wheel and shifter..

GMDuramax
06-14-11, 11:42 PM
Hmmmm... And are you interested in selling it or are you just looking for a feeler?

Cub Cadet
06-15-11, 08:54 AM
I would bet that you would be lucky to sell for $45k. These automatic cars are getting to be a dime a dozen - that is all that is out there and a high percentage of used buyers want the manual.
The used buyer is also very pointed in what they want (transmission aside) in regard to two features:
1.) Sunroof - It's either a 'gotta have', or a 'won't even consider'. BB's like this have given the sunroof a bad reputation. Honestly, I love mine and it is always in use. I love the 'panoramic roof' feeling and it is quiet when open (either way) on the freeway. Of course it will not be without an occassional creak, but that is a sunroof. Mine doesn't make any noises at all, and I LOVE IT!!!
2.) Seats - Recaro versus standard. People want the Recaro for the name or the coolness... most have no idea what they are or have never even sat in one. For me, I don't buy things for just the name. I checked out both seats and drove both for a day. I hated the Recaros... to me, they SUCKED. I do quite a bit of rappelling / rope rescue stuff and I tried a harness once that just cut me along my lower rib cage and I was sore for weeks after that. The Recaro seats hit me in that same spot and they actually made me hurt. The point I make is try it before you buy... don't buy for the name.

Domsz06
06-15-11, 09:00 AM
I bought my 09 a yr ago next week and paid 47500 for it with every option but nav. For me the recaro's are a must have as they fit me better and the cooled seats help a lot in Hot-houston.

Who ever said that the 11's are going for 52 i personally disagree with. If someone offered me a 11 for 52 with nav and recaro's i'd buy it tomorrow. 11's I've been seeing are going for well into the 60's. That being said any dealer that has a silver nav and recaro for sale for 52 i'll buy it right now lol :)

Domsz06
06-15-11, 09:02 AM
I said it in the other thread, but it applies here as well. My thinking on used is $40k-$43k for 2009, $45k-$48k for 2010, and $50k-$52k for 2011. All pending mileage, options, gmvis, and certified or not. I'm only $3k-$4k short of making a deal on a couple locally. I'd prefer not to settle when spending $50k.

Please show me a 2011 selling for 50,000 with recaro and nav and I'll buy it tomorrow. i've not seen any 2011's for under 60....

From what I have seen your a factor of about 10k off. just a quick search provided...

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?stkTyp=U&tracktype=usedcc&mkId=20052&AmbMkId=20052&AmbMkNm=Cadillac&make=Cadillac&AmbMdNm=CTS&model=CTS&mdId=20787&AmbMdId=20787&rd=100000&zc=77433&searchSource=QUICK_FORM&enableSeo=1

first 43 2011's are all above 60k. I realize you can probably talk them down, but down 10k......? :confused:

when i did just 2011's there were 2 under 60k, but one is a cts, not a v, or actually who knows what it is as he has all kinds of pics on it,

the second one is amanual (can't drive I wish) but it has 17000 miles on it, kinda high for a yr car, and it's a coupe. It does have recaro's and nav though for 59,500.

maybe you have some better sources then I have.

GMDuramax
06-15-11, 10:11 AM
Yeah I concur with Cub. The UV roof is not a deal breaker. Like I was saying, If I had it, I might use it but I seldom take the shade off the one in my TL. I can probably count the times I opened the damn thing. Also who cares about the passengers looking up at the sky? Unless I am pulling .93 g's going into a power slide down a 25MPH off ramp, the can look out the front window and pray out that way.

As for the seats, again same thing, not a deal breaker. Sat in both, both are comfortable, but the Recaro's give more support around the sides. I'd like to think the V is thankful I am the owner and is giving me a hug, but thats IMO. So really all I want is a V, that is in sound condition, hasn't been beat to all hell, didn't have 5 owners before me, and didn't have new tires and brakes put on when the V only has 10k miles on it. I am just like anyone else who wants to buy something, I want it cheap, but I want outstanding. The two are like oil and water, but so far I've seen some pretty looking V's exactly what I want, but are either from private sellers or I saw it too late so couldnt even get my hand around the holster, forget about pullin the trigger. As for thatcoders V, i'd be interested in looking at that, but don't know if he is just sending feelers out or not.

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 11:05 AM
I didn't say you can, I said that's my thinking on used pricing, as in, what I'd pay. It's hard to judge and even a couple of dealers don't know. $60k for used 2011? Are you kidding me? Invoice on new is $57k! I'd build one myself for under $60k and be happy, albeit, not many options. I can get a brand new Black Diamond for $63k. There is a used 2011 with 13k miles on it. It has sunroof and polished wheels. Asking price is $57k, but they would take $56k. Only deal breaker - cream/titanium interior. No, not recaro's. If I came down, they'd only take hundreds off, not thousands. Supposedly, a no haggle dealer. Just hit the lot 2 weeks ago today.

I don't even use my sunroof. I only like it for my tinted windows so I can open the shade and let more light in so it doesn't look as dark for the LEO's since I have black interior.

Domsz06
06-15-11, 11:22 AM
I didn't say you can, I said that's my thinking on used pricing, as in, what I'd pay. It's hard to judge and even a couple of dealers don't know. $60k for used 2011? Are you kidding me? Invoice on new is $57k! I'd build one myself for under $60k and be happy, albeit, not many options. I can get a brand new Black Diamond for $63k. There is a used 2011 with 13k miles on it. It has sunroof and polished wheels. Asking price is $57k, but they would take $56k. Only deal breaker - cream/titanium interior. No, not recaro's. If I came down, they'd only take hundreds off, not thousands. Supposedly, a no haggle dealer. Just hit the lot 2 weeks ago today.

I don't even use my sunroof. I only like it for my tinted windows so I can open the shade and let more light in so it doesn't look as dark for the LEO's since I have black interior.

ah i see. cool makes sense now.

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 11:29 AM
Yes, and your $47k on your 09 last year is equivalent to a 2010 of this year. That falls right in line under my pricing theory. So you got a good deal.

Domsz06
06-15-11, 11:39 AM
Yes, and your $47k on your 09 last year is equivalent to a 2010 of this year. That falls right in line under my pricing theory. So you got a good deal.

Guess I just miss read your post. You have the same theory I had when i was looking now that I re read it. I found lots of cars well over the price, and offered what I felt was fair. same deal as what your doing.

:D

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 11:47 AM
Yes, now just to find one!

Mystical_Ice
06-15-11, 11:52 AM

Really? Can you find me one? Because i bought my 09V, fully loaded (recaros, sunroof, etc), with 14k miles, for $50,000... and that was a reasonable deal, as i couldn't find anything with those options elsewhere for less than $48

Mystical_Ice
06-15-11, 12:03 PM
This is ridiculous. The Kelley BB value on a 2009 V with 5,000 miles is still over $55,000... and that's not even fully loaded. There is NO WAY you're finding them "$40k-$43k"... No way at all. Go on ebay, craigslist, or autotrader. You're lucky if you can get a 2009 with under 20k miles for less than $48k...

mother
06-15-11, 12:08 PM
I went through the same gyrations a couple months ago- used V prices were just WAY too high for my taste. Eventually I came to the decision that the proper response to a market where used vehicles don't depreciate a reasonable amount was buying new.

Domsz06
06-15-11, 12:15 PM
This is ridiculous. The Kelley BB value on a 2009 V with 5,000 miles is still over $55,000... and that's not even fully loaded. There is NO WAY you're finding them "$40k-$43k"... No way at all. Go on ebay, craigslist, or autotrader. You're lucky if you can get a 2009 with under 20k miles for less than $48k...

KBB has always been high from when I looked it up vs what prices were going for. The V's are holding their own I know that, but there are deals to be found. When I bought mine a year ago 3 days after I bought it the MB in sugarland who I had contacted earlier told me they now accepted my offer. Too bad I had already bought mine. There's was black, loaded with nav, 12000 miles and would have sold it for 47500 a yr ago.

GMDuramax
06-15-11, 01:15 PM
I mean it is not that hard to find a used V with low miles for under $50K Its just got to do with the add-ons. Like I said before, found three that were loaded to the nines, with 10 to 15K miles on them and they were between $46.9-$49.9, so deals can be found, just a matter of finding them fast enough and pulling the trigger. There is another V at the MB in surgarland, it is pretty much loaded, minus recaro's and cooled seats. Been listed on ebay 4 times now, avg price is $41K, but they are looking for $51.9 Just my $.02.

Domsz06
06-15-11, 01:28 PM
I mean it is not that hard to find a used V with low miles for under $50K Its just got to do with the add-ons. Like I said before, found three that were loaded to the nines, with 10 to 15K miles on them and they were between $46.9-$49.9, so deals can be found, just a matter of finding them fast enough and pulling the trigger. There is another V at the MB in surgarland, it is pretty much loaded, minus recaro's and cooled seats. Been listed on ebay 4 times now, avg price is $41K, but they are looking for $51.9 Just my $.02.

that dealership had one when I was looking they were asking 57k, i offered em 47 and they called back a month after my first offer and said they'd take it.

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 01:29 PM
Disregard, quoted post got deleted.

jb_bgg
06-15-11, 01:49 PM
bought my local 09 bone stock manual with recaros and just over 20K miles with new tires this past March for $46K. Mileage was more than I would have liked, but manuals that were not modded were a challenge...

thatcoder
06-15-11, 01:52 PM
Hmmmm... And are you interested in selling it or are you just looking for a feeler?

i've been interested in selling it since the coupe's came out.. but the dealer wanted to give me pennies for it.

i have 3730 miles on it as of this morning.

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 01:58 PM
What did they offer? You shouldn't have a problem getting $45k.

thatcoder
06-15-11, 02:05 PM
They offered 48k.. i wanted 55 then.. now i'd take 53k.

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 02:13 PM
Tough for a 2009, even though it has low mileage, it's still over 2 years old. There is a 09 local to me with low mileage as well for $50k. I'd take the $48k and run unless you're upside down. $53k is tough since 2010s are going for that much, albeit, higher mileage and w/o recaro's. I'm in the market for a 2009, but if it isn't certified, it's worth $1500-$2k less.

thatcoder
06-15-11, 02:21 PM
not in any rush. still a blast to drive whenever it gets out of the garage.. i paid cash for it when i bought it 2yrs ago.

jb_bgg
06-15-11, 02:29 PM
Mine was not certified (private party), and when I spoke to my local dealer about certifying it I remember hearing once CPO, MajorGuard is not an option after that expires and better option if you're keeping it for a while is to go MajorGuard out of the gate. Cost difference between the two was only a few hundred bucks.

Thatcoder, I empathize with you. Very low mileage on yours...

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 02:48 PM
not in any rush. still a blast to drive whenever it gets out of the garage.. i paid cash for it when i bought it 2yrs ago.

Definitely keep it then.

Southern Buckeye
06-15-11, 02:52 PM
Interesting discussion as I have wondered what the depreciation is among the V2s. I bought my 11 sdn. with every option minus interior wood trim for 63,650 last Aug. It had 700 miles on it and I am the 2nd owner (just turned 8k). As far as options go- I think most of the people who buy these cars want ALL the options if at all possible. Not only do lack of options hurt your resale but it is a Cadillac V series. The point is to have excessive satisfaction or we wouldn't buy this type of vehicle in the first place- no? Also, my understanding is Recaro = ventilated seats be it heated or cooled, with these you get both plus a infinite amount of adjustment and grip. I can tell you that if you live a particularly warm region of the country you are doing yourself a huge disservice by not getting the cooled seats as they add greatly to your comfort level- plus who wants to get out of fine cars like these (or any car for that matter) with a sweaty back! Either way, good luck with your purchases- these are wonderfully made cars- pick what you like and pull the trigger- no regrets here even if I did "overpay" a little which I think is nearly impossible considering what you get for the money. What else compares I ask?

GMDuramax
06-15-11, 04:36 PM
Oi imma shoot myself. Just passed by a VW dealer thats is local. Just passing through, see a V. Had to stop. Looked, blk/blk w/Recaros, every option under the sun. Sticker said 4318 mi/s on the clock, 2010 $47,999.00 DOH!!!! Talked to the Sales rep, Sold this morning, put it out last night. Double DOH!!! I told him I'd give him cash if the guy was going to finance it, and he said the guy paid cash as well. Triple DOH!!!!!!! FML!

Domsz06
06-15-11, 04:49 PM
Oi imma shoot myself. Just passed by a VW dealer thats is local. Just passing through, see a V. Had to stop. Looked, blk/blk w/Recaros, every option under the sun. Sticker said 4318 mi/s on the clock, 2010 $47,999.00 DOH!!!! Talked to the Sales rep, Sold this morning, put it out last night. Double DOH!!! I told him I'd give him cash if the guy was going to finance it, and he said the guy paid cash as well. Triple DOH!!!!!!! FML!

wow what a deal. Bummer man. I'd love to have a 2010 with that few of miles for that price. Everthing about it was nice except the color. No black for me.

Koooop
06-15-11, 05:40 PM

Sounds more like 43,180 miles for a '10 at that price with those options.

GMDuramax
06-15-11, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. If only I were hours earlier!!! I'm going through V fever. Almost ready to break down and just get a CTS4 3.6 DI Premium and call it a day. My lease is up soon and really don't want to drive my 2500HD all over since diesel by the house is $4.69/gal.
I'm still interested in that Thunder Gray Chromaflair V at Phillips auto for 46K, but I could have sworn last night the mileage read 18.9K, now it reads 21K and change. Plus the detailed report that one of the member's put up about the drive line whine, thats putting up a red flag. It might be that clicking from the suspension/steering or it might actually be something with the rear end. I dunno. I don't really take the noise thing too seriously only because some people just don't know. Like last week when I was at the Caddy $tealer, guy came in to complain about a while. Apparently come in 4 times about it, but mech always said, could not duplicate. Guy is outside and pissed, I'm out there having a smoke while my rep is looking for a V for me to test out. The guy comes up to me and says, "You hear that right? It's not just me?" When I heard it I laughed. I told him it was normal. It was the SC spinning. Guy couldn't tell the diff between a whine and what a SC sounded like. Told him it was normal and I chuckled, guy gets back in his V and took off. Guess he was embarrassed, I dunno.

GMDuramax
06-15-11, 05:46 PM
Sounds more like 43,180 miles for a '10 at that price with those options.

Haha, that would have to be some driving the last owner did to rack up 43K miles in just over a year.:histeric:

GMDuramax
06-15-11, 06:07 PM
Alright so just had a guy from Jackie Jones call me about the car. The E-price on the car is $45.5 plus tax title reg etc. I talked to "RC"? I think thats his name. Anyways, he's telling me the car is $4K under any other V in the US with the options it does have. The mileage discrepancy was his fault. He was putting two different cars up at the same time and lost track. 21K mileage is right. Started to give me the details on the V and how he knew the owner and the dealership that it was purchased at and such. I told him about what I knew about the car. He doesn't know which is fine, I didn't expect him to, just looking for some leverage to get the price lower. I told him car was from auction, he told me never. doesn't matter. When I asked him how the car drove he said him and some other took it out and no problems. Had a good time in it. Don't know what that means, could be dinner out in it or gunning it from stoplight to light. In any case, I still think $45.5 is a little too high. If I were still interested in that V, I'd offer $41.8 - $42.5, but then again, he will tell me to get lost. I just think there is a better deal out there somewhere, with definitely less mileage. I'm sure there is a 09 V loaded with under 18K miles for $46K - $49K, But what do I know, I don't have one. As far as I am concerned, I am just wishing at this point. Wishing with cash in hand and praying a lot! haha.

thatcoder
06-15-11, 06:18 PM
ouch.. my Duramax is my daily driver.. diesel is 3.90 in virginia.

neuronbob
06-15-11, 06:28 PM
I am glad the 2009 V is maintaining its value, even the automatics. Not that I'm getting rid of mine. 26k miles and hearing the exhaust never, repeat, never, gets old. I've usually got the new car bug bad by now (almost 2 1/2 years with my car now) but I don't feel it.

KBB says my automatic 2009 V without Recaros and with 26k miles is worth $45k-51k private party. While KBB is hopelessly optimistic, if I got $51k for my car, I'd be over the moon. I'd be within a few $k of profiting from my purchase. *shock*

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 06:37 PM
Wow, that's a deal right there. I probably would have bribed the salesman or manager and offered them at least $500 cash on the side.

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. If only I were hours earlier!!! I'm going through V fever. Almost ready to break down and just get a CTS4 3.6 DI Premium and call it a day. My lease is up soon and really don't want to drive my 2500HD all over since diesel by the house is $4.69/gal.
I'm still interested in that Thunder Gray Chromaflair V at Phillips auto for 46K, but I could have sworn last night the mileage read 18.9K, now it reads 21K and change. Plus the detailed report that one of the member's put up about the drive line whine, thats putting up a red flag. It might be that clicking from the suspension/steering or it might actually be something with the rear end. I dunno. I don't really take the noise thing too seriously only because some people just don't know. Like last week when I was at the Caddy $tealer, guy came in to complain about a while. Apparently come in 4 times about it, but mech always said, could not duplicate. Guy is outside and pissed, I'm out there having a smoke while my rep is looking for a V for me to test out. The guy comes up to me and says, "You hear that right? It's not just me?" When I heard it I laughed. I told him it was normal. It was the SC spinning. Guy couldn't tell the diff between a whine and what a SC sounded like. Told him it was normal and I chuckled, guy gets back in his V and took off. Guess he was embarrassed, I dunno.

Which one is that? It's a Black one that's stripped.

RLJ676
06-15-11, 10:36 PM
Two comments:

Used car prices are up accross the board right now, and this car is not "a dime a dozen" as there's under 3K built a year. If you want a color other than black there's like 300 -600 built a year.

Second, seems there's some tire kickers here w/ ideas of what these cars are "worth" but no V in their garage.......

smackdownsrt
06-15-11, 11:36 PM
That's a good thing. I don't want a car that everybody else has. If I did, I'd be in a Mustang a long time ago. But that also hurts when trying to find the CTS-V you want.

Of course, why would we settle? I've got a few deals cooking. If I'm buying a 2009 for $45k with only 2 years of warranty left on it, I'd prefer it to be certified. If I'm buying a 2010 for $53k, I'd prefer it to have recaro's. If I'm buying a 2011 for $56k, I'd prefer it to have the black interior. Overall, I'm only a few k off from closing the deal but dealers aren't... dealing. In general, it has to be Silver or Gray. Diamond Black is next, but haven't seen 1 used. I don't want another black car. That's a last resort. And don't want white or red either. If I'm putting down $50k, I don't want to settle or have it grow on me. Quite a few others feel the same way.

EricVonHa
06-15-11, 11:42 PM
Take it from someone that spent 4 months actively searching for a 6-speed that was fully loaded (sunroof was not a deal breaker).

I did not want black. I did not want an automatic -- and there are TONS of them out there. Without knowing the exact stats, I'd say that GM produced a ton of these in black/auto. My search found way too many of these in this format.

I absolutely had to have the 6-speed and the Recaros. If you are a serious performance enthusiast -- these are must haves. Most people "get it" or they don't. Being a hard core "car guy" just immediately would cause you click off those options.

In my nationwide search; there were less than 10 that popped up that were worth looking at. Too many of these cars are ex-GM beater cars or were auction cars with questionable history. Or, they had been modified and GM's warranty would be questionable.

Getting a CPO from the dealer is not a guarantee of anything. There is a large Cadillac dealer in Cape Cod who had a chromaflair with the 6-speed and Recaros. They advertised it on Ebay. They took a LOT of close up photos of things. And, it was complete false advertising. A good friend who has an impeccable sense of detail immediately noticed that there was a crack in the bumper near the passenger side headlight. He called me when he saw this because, other than that, this car could have been "the one". We pulled up the Ebay photos again, and sure enough, the dealer had photoshopped the crack in the bumper. As soon as you pulled the photo into Photoshop it was sooo obvious that they edited out the crack. It was painfully obvious when you zoomed in 20x. The dealer claimed ignorance. My guess is that their used car mgr is probably long gone at this point. It's not necessarily a CPO issue; I'm just merely stating that most dealers take the conflict of interest in CPO'ing their cars that THEY need to sell.

Anyhow, just be careful in searching out these cars. A lot are being sold in need of new tires. Any time you get into the 14-20k mileage-- expect the rear tires to be toast. And, most of the left front inner tire edges (in this same mileage range) are toast also. These cars predominately left GM with over 1 degree of negative camber in the left front.

When I found my crystal red tint-coat V.. I didn't hesitate. I jumped on it immediately and placed a deposit on it. The 6 speed cars with Recaros will not sit for long. Keep in mind that this bulletin board is only a small percentage of people who know what these cars are about. The Corvette community and everyone else who ever had a performance BMW or MB is on-board also.

If it's too good to be true-- it might be. It pays to seriously go through these cars with a fine tooth comb. dings and dents are prevalent due to the lack of body side molding. Looks better without any!

So, if anyone wants one with new Conti DW's, full clear bra treatment and is stock.. I'd sell it for $55k with the transferrable CPO. 23k miles. Less than 600 made in 2009 and only a few in this color.

barryg
06-15-11, 11:53 PM
Not that anyone asked. As a reference on price, bought my 09' 6 speed with sunroof, 14,000 miles, standard seats, no nav for $51k, 9 months ago. i still think this price point was average, not a fantastic deal, but a pretty good price

mother
06-16-11, 12:03 AM
If I'm buying a 2009 for $45k with only 2 years of warranty left on it, I'd prefer it to be certified. If I'm buying a 2010 for $53k, I'd prefer it to have recaro's. If I'm buying a 2011 for $56k, I'd prefer it to have the black interior. Overall, I'm only a few k off from closing the deal but dealers aren't... dealing.

I agree that it's really hard to justify buying one of these used for these prices- but this isn't rocket surgery. Dealers aren't going to make deals they don't have to and you're 10% under market on all 3 of those.

EricVonHa
06-16-11, 12:25 AM
That was the other thing I forgot to mention in my page-long post. The dark interior was a must also.

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 12:46 AM
Take it from someone that spent 4 months actively searching for a 6-speed that was fully loaded (sunroof was not a deal breaker).

I did not want black. I did not want an automatic -- and there are TONS of them out there. Without knowing the exact stats, I'd say that GM produced a ton of these in black/auto. My search found way too many of these in this format.

I absolutely had to have the 6-speed and the Recaros. If you are a serious performance enthusiast -- these are must haves. Most people "get it" or they don't. Being a hard core "car guy" just immediately would cause you click off those options.

In my nationwide search; there were less than 10 that popped up that were worth looking at. Too many of these cars are ex-GM beater cars or were auction cars with questionable history. Or, they had been modified and GM's warranty would be questionable.

Getting a CPO from the dealer is not a guarantee of anything. There is a large Cadillac dealer in Cape Cod who had a chromaflair with the 6-speed and Recaros. They advertised it on Ebay. They took a LOT of close up photos of things. And, it was complete false advertising. A good friend who has an impeccable sense of detail immediately noticed that there was a crack in the bumper near the passenger side headlight. He called me when he saw this because, other than that, this car could have been "the one". We pulled up the Ebay photos again, and sure enough, the dealer had photoshopped the crack in the bumper. As soon as you pulled the photo into Photoshop it was sooo obvious that they edited out the crack. It was painfully obvious when you zoomed in 20x. The dealer claimed ignorance. My guess is that their used car mgr is probably long gone at this point. It's not necessarily a CPO issue; I'm just merely stating that most dealers take the conflict of interest in CPO'ing their cars that THEY need to sell.

Anyhow, just be careful in searching out these cars. A lot are being sold in need of new tires. Any time you get into the 14-20k mileage-- expect the rear tires to be toast. And, most of the left front inner tire edges (in this same mileage range) are toast also. These cars predominately left GM with over 1 degree of negative camber in the left front.

When I found my crystal red tint-coat V.. I didn't hesitate. I jumped on it immediately and placed a deposit on it. The 6 speed cars with Recaros will not sit for long. Keep in mind that this bulletin board is only a small percentage of people who know what these cars are about. The Corvette community and everyone else who ever had a performance BMW or MB is on-board also.

If it's too good to be true-- it might be. It pays to seriously go through these cars with a fine tooth comb. dings and dents are prevalent due to the lack of body side molding. Looks better without any!

So, if anyone wants one with new Conti DW's, full clear bra treatment and is stock.. I'd sell it for $55k with the transferrable CPO. 23k miles. Less than 600 made in 2009 and only a few in this color.

Funny you bring up that dealer. 2 weeks ago I asked them to entertain an offer on their Black Diamond. The guy was pretty condescending in his response. I backed it up and I showed him one that sold for $57k. No response, but sure enough the price on their red one dropped. FF to yesterday, they list the Black Diamond for below invoice. They seem to want to get rid of it, but the 2 salesman I emailed were such rude *******s. I'd rather pay $1k over theirs for the one locally, a Black Diamond as well. Funny they talk a big game on the internet but when you call, they almost beg you to come in.
Good point. I'm sure GM covers the tires, brakes, and alignment for the first 12mon/12k. There are a couple of places that offer a free alignment check so you can call out the dealer if they BS you.

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 12:52 AM
That was the other thing I forgot to mention in my page-long post. The dark interior was a must also.

Agreed! I was looking at a 2011 asking $56k. Has the UV, polished wheels, Thunder Gray, and Recaro's. They listed the interior as Gray as well and thought I found a winner! Sure enough, it was titanium (see "color" thread made). Ugh! Such a deal breaker.

FrcFed
06-16-11, 01:21 AM
Hey all, been trolling here for a couple of months now while I was searching for a V. Im seeing the same thing, dealerships are wanting mid to low 60s on the 11s to start and the coupes are going at a premium, funny thing is the red or thunder cars seem to be at a discount. Does anyone know what the employee pricing looks like one of these though? Ive called a couple of places and got blown off and the 1 that did respond would only give me the supplier discount and then never returned my calls about the empoyee discount...absolutley retarded when their only job is to sell cars.

Anyways what the deal with the CPO cars, is that only available though GM dealerships or does the factory warrenty carry over from anywhere?? I always thought its first owner only on any warranty or CPO'd only from a GM dealership. Are you able to get CPO'd by a dealership or do you just get one of the retarded major guards at that point which I found out was a waste of money when i got it for my GTO.

Koooop
06-16-11, 01:29 AM
All I could get with V1 was Black or Silver, roof or no roof, Black interior or some other color...

You guys have had it rough with all these deal breakers.

I do know I want Nav in a V2, probably a manual transmission and lots of warranty.

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 11:05 AM
Hey all, been trolling here for a couple of months now while I was searching for a V. Im seeing the same thing, dealerships are wanting mid to low 60s on the 11s to start and the coupes are going at a premium, funny thing is the red or thunder cars seem to be at a discount. Does anyone know what the employee pricing looks like one of these though? Ive called a couple of places and got blown off and the 1 that did respond would only give me the supplier discount and then never returned my calls about the empoyee discount...absolutley retarded when their only job is to sell cars.

Anyways what the deal with the CPO cars, is that only available though GM dealerships or does the factory warrenty carry over from anywhere?? I always thought its first owner only on any warranty or CPO'd only from a GM dealership. Are you able to get CPO'd by a dealership or do you just get one of the retarded major guards at that point which I found out was a waste of money when i got it for my GTO.

Those dealers are dumb. You can get brand new for $62k-$65k and $60k-$62k with some miles. Used shouldn't be close!

smackdownsrt
06-16-11, 11:07 AM
All I could get with V1 was Black or Silver, roof or no roof, Black interior or some other color...

You guys have had it rough with all these deal breakers.

I do know I want Nav in a V2, probably a manual transmission and lots of warranty.

There's your deal breaker. LOL!

MReiland
06-16-11, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know what the employee pricing looks like one of these though? Ive called a couple of places and got blown off and the 1 that did respond would only give me the supplier discount and then never returned my calls about the empoyee discount...absolutley retarded when their only job is to sell cars.

The Employee Discount, now called E.V.A is MUCH different than it used to be pre-bankruptcy. It is now based on how hot the vehicle is, so if it is selling well the discount can be as low as $250 for something like an Equinox of Camaro Convertible! www.gmfamilyfirst.com (http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com) currently lists the Coupe at $1000 off, the Wagon at $2000 off, and the sedan at $1500 preferred pricing for your reference. I wouldn't expect any dealer at this point to give you the employee price without you showing up with an employee code in hand either.

Cub Cadet
06-16-11, 01:54 PM
The new GM employee discount is virtually non-existent. I get a better percentage off of a Ford Motor Co. product with supplier pricing! I priced out a Chevy pick-up, GMC pick-up, and an F150. This was an apples to apples comparison (as close as I could get) and the GM employee discount was basically 5% off MSRP. The Ford supplier discount was 10% off MSRP. I was shocked when I discovered this, but I guess that is what you get with a company that just went through bankruptcy, government control, and is now learning to fly again.

I would highly advise NOT to use GM employee discount at this point. It means nothing and you can negotiate a better deal by just walking through the door as a normal customer!!

EricVonHa
06-16-11, 07:14 PM
The cpo is a dealer issued only program which is backed by GM.

Trust me on this.... you will need the cpo book for your car as issued from the selling dealer. Without it, you are sol if the car was not registered by the certifying dealer. This must be done at the time of sale. Not all dealer sold used V's are cpo'ed.

Koooop
06-17-11, 12:26 AM
There's your deal breaker. LOL!

Yeah, I hate black cars just slightly less than Silver. Even worse, about 37 seconds after I got the Black V1, Red showed up! It took me over a year after the car hit the showroom to pony up due to the colors.

FrcFed
06-17-11, 02:03 AM
thanks for the info all, will try it that route and see how it goes.

GMDuramax
06-17-11, 11:58 AM
ARGGGGGGGG!!! Missed another one by an hour. Emailed the dealership on a V2 09 Thunder Gray Chromaflair LOADED, no UV which is fine. 21K miles, negotiated a price of $43.8K, called back an hour later to send him the deposit; "Unfortunately it sold. Another out of state buyer came in on the table and offered more." WTF!!! FML! Back to the grind of looking.

RippyPartsDept
06-17-11, 12:28 PM
FrcFed,

FYI, the factory warranty follows the car... doesn't matter who owns it or how many times it was sold. The factory warranty is for x-miles/x-years

The CPO warranty can only be done to a used car at a dealership. (CPO = Certified Pre-Owned) ... you cannot buy a new car w/ a CPO... you just can't

The CPO extends the factory warranty to 6yrs/100kmiles (at least currently that's what a CPO for a Cadillac will be)

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 01:04 PM
ARGGGGGGGG!!! Missed another one by an hour. Emailed the dealership on a V2 09 Thunder Gray Chromaflair LOADED, no UV which is fine. 21K miles, negotiated a price of $43.8K, called back an hour later to send him the deposit; "Unfortunately it sold. Another out of state buyer came in on the table and offered more." WTF!!! FML! Back to the grind of looking.

That sucks. Seemed like a pretty good deal. I'm having a hard time finding one myself. I can't even get an eprice on a car without the sales rep saying the price is the price.

Koooop
06-17-11, 02:42 PM
After driving the automatic V2, then getting back in my '05 V with it's 1 day old LS7 clutch set up...

Manual, I want another manual trans, that's that. The Manual is to much fun to play with.

If anyone out there wants to go after the car I put up, go for it! It's super nice and the guy says he wants it off the lot. The car doesn't fit the profile of his customers, so it needs to be gone.

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 03:22 PM
The Black one listed on the site for $50k?

GMDuramax
06-17-11, 06:25 PM
Yeah I thinks thats the one he's referring to. it's a nice V but it is stripped out. If I were to offer a number, $41K I know its a low ball but hey I want what I want, and I want everything. If I am going to pay for a V, Then I will price accordingly to market conditions and options in it. I think the sticker on a V like that new is $61K, all stripped out.

RippyPartsDept
06-17-11, 06:33 PM
whatever that car sells for will be the market value of that car... not what you're willing to pay for it, but what someone actually pays for it

which i bet will be higher than $41k ... nothing against you (i'd rather you didn't compromise on your purchase either)

Koooop
06-17-11, 06:34 PM
Go after him! He's a car guy so I'm sure he can take whatever you dish out! Half of the fun of buying a used car is the chase.

(I think he'll get more than $41,000 as well, the car is pretty near perfect with new tires.)

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 06:59 PM
$41k is about right for stripped. Especially after that one went for $43k. $50k is ridiculous when a 2009 loaded with 3k miles and 2010 with 15k miles is $50k. They'd be lucky to find a sucker at $45k.

mother
06-17-11, 07:13 PM
If I were to offer a number, $41K I know its a low ball but hey I want what I want, and I want everything.
Agreed- buy what you want unless its a helluva deal.

whatever that car sells for will be the market value of that car... not what you're willing to pay for it, but what someone actually pays for it

which i bet will be higher than $41k ... nothing against you (i'd rather you didn't compromise on your purchase either)
+1

$41k is about right for stripped. Especially after that one went for $43k. $50k is ridiculous when a 2009 loaded with 3k miles and 2010 with 15k miles is $50k. They'd be lucky to find a sucker at $45k.
The one that was $43.8k before the second buyer, in less than a day, swooped in and bought it out from under him for <unknown amount> more?

The used market for V2s is what it is... Just buy new and be happy about the abysmal depreciation instead of beat yourself up over the used prices :thumbsup:

SPEED74V
06-17-11, 07:18 PM
I just bought a 2010 V Radiant Silver Sedan (6-Manual) - loaded with every option except suede steering wheel / shifter for $55K. It had 8k miles on it. It may have been a little more than I wanted to spend, as I wanted to stay closer to 50K but it was worth it, as I don't see many around the ND/SD for sale. I love this car!!

smackdownsrt
06-17-11, 09:01 PM
The one that was $43.8k before the second buyer, in less than a day, swooped in and bought it out from under him for <unknown amount> more?

The used market for V2s is what it is... Just buy new and be happy about the abysmal depreciation instead of beat yourself up over the used prices :thumbsup:

Nah, can't do new. I don't want a bump in my payments anymore. I was going to do $100/month more but everything is going up in price; insurance, phone, cable, gas, and even food. Gotta save room for mods too, right? So my budget is $48k, I'll pay the tax/down payment in cash. I'm eying one up now; 2010 red/black, 15k miles, recaro's, UV, polished wheels, even suede. Price is $51k, they will do $50k. Price will drop $1k in a week and they will honor the original $1k off offer, for $49k. I sent them my trade info and I'll get an answer tomorrow. We shall see!

FrcFed
06-17-11, 10:48 PM
where else are you guys digging up these adds for ones in the low 50s?? Ive gone through a couple of sites and hit up all the local dealers sites every few days and havent found any good deals and are you guys getting these numbers offering cash payment or taking a note on the car?

smackdownsrt
06-18-11, 09:38 AM
Search called, they want their friend back.
http://www.stewartcadillac.net/VehicleDetails/certified-2010-Cadillac-CTS_V--Houston-TX/859185603
http://www.fivestarfordofplano.com/j/i/33531/vid/432726/VehicleDetails-Used/Black_2010_Cadillac_CTSV_Base.html

Domsz06
06-18-11, 09:55 AM
man when I was looking they were wanting 58k, I offered 48, month later they accepted. Who cares what they are asking. one guy had a white one I really wanted since it had everything, and low mileage. he was asking 60k last june for an 09, and I offered him 48 and he laughed. Day later a guy came in and bought it for 60. The salesperson knew an idiot would walk in and buy it, and he was right.

heck I'd sell mine in a heart beat for 48-50 right now with all the mods lol. Wouldn't even think twice.

GMDuramax
06-20-11, 08:44 AM

Yeah, I mean I know damn well that this V in question, "stripped out one" book value is somewhere around $58K-$$59K. I mean hell, standing in a dealers/sellers shoes, V has 3K miles, damn near perfect, your buying the motor, so yeah, their number is right. Now in my perspective, through a buyers eyes, everyone wants a good deal. Hell I still offer cash for big ticket items just to not pay tax, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But in my eyes, $41 is what I would offer and for that car, I wouldn't negotiate. I plan on keeping my V for a while, so I want my Navi, cooled seats, and Recaros. Even thought I said recaros are not a deal break, just look cool and fit better. I mean there is 2010 with 10K miles, LOADED to the gills and when I called, he wants $60K, but would accept $56.5K Theoretically, taking $3.5 off the price like that is great, but someone who moves that fast that deep, usually has more room to move. So for that particular V, I'd do $47.5-$49.9. I little out of my range, but I could swing it.

And as for the member who asked about how we are finding the deals, well, just have to look. Look high and low and you can find them. Like right now there is a 09 V Blk/blk, Base with Navi and UV, it was at $51 and change, now is $49.7. Still a little high IMHO, so I'd do$45.5. Again, know its a lowball, but odder things have happened when it comes to V's. As for are we offering cash of finance, I'd pay cash, I do not mind, but I'd rath put half down and finance the rest. Hell if you can borrow the money for next to nothing, it's a no brainer.

I mean I am not looking to rob anyone, just want something fair. I've been looking at a lot of cars over the past month and some sellers are just in their own world. Ex. 1994 BMW 840i It is in ok condition, better than I've seen. 110K miles, says mech fine. Put a piece of card board under the car, called for price and to meet. Now KBB says $12K, you want to add a rarity value, fine $13.5k. Sentimental value, I'm not paying for that. Tells me, $27K and tells me how rare the car is. I say ok, go to meet, look at the cardboard, leaking coolant from Valleypan. Told him about leak, tells me $26.8. I tell him $12K and he tells me to get lost. Not a problem, car has been sitting for 4 months now.
Another ex, "06 BMW 4.8is, loaded, 41K miles, blown engine(busted chain guides.) wanted $48K or some kind of high number. He was looking to unload it, so I offered $18/K He was insulted, got pissed and board members heckled him, then a argument broke out. I explained my low offer to him. Yes, the X is with $48K or whatever number he had on there, but for a RUNNING car. This X had a blown motor. Getting a new one from Bavaria, $27k. Getting a rebuilt $13k, getting a used one $7k, then another $3k to drop it in if you took it to someone. The price he was asking for you could have gotten a better X from the Dealer, that was CPO'd and let it be the dealers headache with any warranty issues. He still didnt understand. Then he found a motor and wanted $25K, including the motor crated. Some people want what they want. Only difference between a seller and me, I'm not a sucker, and I got all the time in the world to wait it out. Do I need a V, no, do I want a V, yes! Am I going to pay prem for a V, Ummm Absolutely no, am I going to be a pain in the a$$ when I negotiate, your darn right I am, thats the fun in it! My $.02.

Cub Cadet
06-20-11, 12:22 PM
Question... how does offering 'cash' make a deal sweeter to either side? I have a low mileage Mustang GT for sale and I have it priced below any book value I can find. Market value is also higher than book value, so that is out of the equation too. I keep getting messages from folks offering me $2,000 less and in cash. A cash purchase does not help me at all. I am not concerned if it is cash, check, or charge... I get my money either way, right away. It either comes from the guys pocket, or from his bank. I am still a happy camper at the end of the sale and I get 'cash' anyway. I just have no idea why buyers think that is a bargaining chip.

Domsz06
06-20-11, 12:25 PM
Question... how does offering 'cash' make a deal sweeter to either side? I have a low mileage Mustang GT for sale and I have it priced below any book value I can find. Market value is also higher than book value, so that is out of the equation too. I keep getting messages from folks offering me $2,000 less and in cash. A cash purchase does not help me at all. I am not concerned if it is cash, check, or charge... I get my money either way, right away. It either comes from the guys pocket, or from his bank. I am still a happy camper at the end of the sale and I get 'cash' anyway. I just have no idea why buyers think that is a bargaining chip.

It used to be a big deal when the IRS wasn't so strict. Now dealerships atually prefer to fiance since they make money on that as well.

Teutonaddict
06-20-11, 12:52 PM
Search called, they want their friend back.
http://www.stewartcadillac.net/VehicleDetails/certified-2010-Cadillac-CTS_V--Houston-TX/859185603

FYI-
I bought my '09 over the phone from Stewart with zero hassles.
They honored the GM Employee Discount (~$7K at that time!!), plus GM was offering $5K cash back on remaining '09s in October 2009. Heck, I even got another $500 off for waiving the 60-day buyback option. They gave me an attractive trade on my low mileage '05 X5, and absolutely nothing changed between the phone negotiations and when I arrived in person. I was in and out of the dealership in 60 minutes, and on my way in my beautiful beastmistress!! My net price for loaded NEW 09 was 56,750.

smackdownsrt
06-20-11, 01:19 PM
FYI-
I bought my '09 over the phone from Stewart with zero hassles.
They honored the GM Employee Discount (~$7K at that time!!), plus GM was offering $5K cash back on remaining '09s in October 2009. Heck, I even got another $500 off for waiving the 60-day buyback option. They gave me an attractive trade on my low mileage '05 X5, and absolutely nothing changed between the phone negotiations and when I arrived in person. I was in and out of the dealership in 60 minutes, and on my way in my beautiful beastmistress!! My net price for loaded NEW 09 was 56,750.

Too bad they aren't offering that anymore. Did you get 0% apr for 60 months too?

GMDuramax
06-20-11, 01:40 PM

Yeah it used to be you offer cash, everyone wins because taxes don't get reported and you get your money fast. People who need financing also need time. In lots of situations, some who need to sell their cars, need it for a reason. Either they need the money or they want another car. Those who dont have the luxury of time, need cash fast. Someone with a cash offer minus a few hundred normally looks really appealing. Money gets exchanged and you get the cash in your hand same day. But those who finance need to wait a few days atleast for the bank to clear the money. I mean I do cash offers, but not $2K lower. I either negotiate a few hundred off or ask to alleviate the tax bill at the end. Asking for 2 grand off a car b/c of cash means a finger pointing to where the door is.

Cub Cadet
06-20-11, 03:26 PM
I think they still have to pay tax regardless if they have paid cash for it or were financed. Once you take the title to the DMV / BMV, they see the purchase price and want their tax money. My bargaining chip was that I can put whatever sales price the buyer wants on the title, and they can pay tax on that price. I don't care what value they put on there as long as I got my money. I can get more for the vehicle and help the buyer net a cheaper sale.

GMDuramax
06-20-11, 07:32 PM
Yeah the cars I've sold in the past, if I like the buyer and they are nice and don't come into the table acting like a total d bag, Ill put on the back of the title that the car was a gift so they pay no taxes on the car. Normally if the car is under $10K ill do it, anymore, i give them trade in value as the number on the car. But if the buyer is a total d-bag, i put full amount on, get their signature and kick 'em out. The gift think I've done twich and the two cars I sold were to school kids (Hs and college kid) Help them out in anyway.

FrcFed
07-11-11, 09:23 PM
Didn't think this called for a new thread so gonna bump this one. Found a '11 Black Diamond coupe A6 with 1700 miles for 60k, if I can get them to come down another couple of thousand does that sound like a descent number?? Been making a list prices people have been getting and it seems like thats gonna be pretty damn close to a bottom number with what ive found. Only kicker is its on Long Island and im in Houston! :bomb:

Teutonaddict
07-11-11, 10:17 PM
Too bad they aren't offering that anymore. Did you get 0% apr for 60 months too?

Nope. It was an either/or at the time, I believe. I got ~3% from my credit union, so I was trying to maximize the savings on the 'cash' price.

Domsz06
07-11-11, 10:17 PM
Didn't think this called for a new thread so gonna bump this one. Found a '11 Black Diamond coupe A6 with 1700 miles for 60k, if I can get them to come down another couple of thousand does that sound like a descent number?? Been making a list prices people have been getting and it seems like thats gonna be pretty damn close to a bottom number with what ive found. Only kicker is its on Long Island and im in Houston! :bomb:

if it's fully loaded it's a steal IMO for a 11 at 60k, buy a 180 dollar ticket to ny and drive it home!! :D

I don't think I'd even try to get them down under 60 lol...

FrcFed
07-12-11, 01:23 AM
if it's fully loaded it's a steal IMO for a 11 at 60k, buy a 180 dollar ticket to ny and drive it home!! :D

I don't think I'd even try to get them down under 60 lol...

Yeah it looks like it is recaros, nav, sunroof, auto start, etc. Only think i need checked is for the wheels cause they didnt post up any photos so Im having someone swing by to check it out and see if theres any damage and what color they are. Its got the light titanium interior, which definately wouldnt be my first choice, but I think i coudl live with it. I gotta get my stupid G6 sold or trade in, so might be a road trip there and back.

calherc1
07-12-11, 03:00 PM
Funny I found this thread. I'm the one who actually bought this car from Phillips Auto about 2 weeks ago. I've been looking for a "V" for a while and there are not too many in Southern California for sale under 50K with low miles. It's hard to consider the car stripped since it comes with so much standard. This car did not have sunroof, recaros or Nav, which was little disappointing, but not a deal breaker for me. Color, condition and miles were more important to me. I'm on the bigger side, so standard seats were more comfortable and not too shabby either. I have never used the sunroof on my prior cars or Nav really. I went over this car with a "magnafying glass" and could not find a flaw on it. Crawled under it and don't think it was even driven in the rain. Through some of my "connections" I found the car has never been in any accident and had 3 warranty claims. New battery, wheels and computer re-program. Tires were brand new. Previous owner was 67 yrs. old with terminal cancer and selling off his cars etc....Car still smells new and I don't thing anybody ever sat in the back or passenger seats. Plus they gave me a ridiculously good offer on my trade which made up for any overpay on the Caddy. Final price on the Caddy was $49k and they gave me 44k for my 06 ZO6. Caddy had 13.9k mi. and Vette had 17.9k mi. My goal was a $500 or less payment/mo which they achieved. Since taking delivery, I have changed out every fluid, pulled all the wheels and detailed for 3 days. Car is beyond immaculate. I have yet to find even a minor chip or wrinkle in the leather. New tires/wheels and tint probably add another 1-2K as well. Anyway, I love the car and am happy to own a newer "V".

RippyPartsDept
07-12-11, 03:13 PM
pics or it didn't happen

:)

:wave: :welcome:

but seriously... pics
(you could start a new post... but make sure you put a link here so we can find it)

Domsz06
07-12-11, 03:35 PM
there are 3 on autotrader right now for low 40's. one was silver, nav, recaro for 43 with 15k miles.

Koooop
07-12-11, 03:58 PM
Funny I found this thread. I'm the one who actually bought this car from Phillips Auto about 2 weeks ago. I've been looking for a "V" for a while and there are not too many in Southern California for sale under 50K with low miles. It's hard to consider the car stripped since it comes with so much standard. This car did not have sunroof, recaros or Nav, which was little disappointing, but not a deal breaker for me. Color, condition and miles were more important to me. I'm on the bigger side, so standard seats were more comfortable and not too shabby either. I have never used the sunroof on my prior cars or Nav really. I went over this car with a "magnafying glass" and could not find a flaw on it. Crawled under it and don't think it was even driven in the rain. Through some of my "connections" I found the car has never been in any accident and had 3 warranty claims. New battery, wheels and computer re-program. Tires were brand new. Previous owner was 67 yrs. old with terminal cancer and selling off his cars etc....Car still smells new and I don't thing anybody ever sat in the back or passenger seats. Plus they gave me a ridiculously good offer on my trade which made up for any overpay on the Caddy. Final price on the Caddy was $49k and they gave me 44k for my 06 ZO6. Caddy had 13.9k mi. and Vette had 17.9k mi. My goal was a $500 or less payment/mo which they achieved. Since taking delivery, I have changed out every fluid, pulled all the wheels and detailed for 3 days. Car is beyond immaculate. I have yet to find even a minor chip or wrinkle in the leather. New tires/wheels and tint probably add another 1-2K as well. Anyway, I love the car and am happy to own a newer "V".

I'm the original poster, and I agree that is one flawless, low mileage Southern California car. I'm jealous! I did notice that it had disappeard from the lot.

Bring it down to Cars 'n Coffee in Irvine on Saturday, I'll be there in my Black '05 V or if luck is with me I'll have my Yellow '69 Vette.
If you've never been, it's at the Mazda Building in Spectrum but you need to arrive by 6:15am if you want your car in the lot.

I think this is the address:

7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618

calherc1
07-12-11, 04:25 PM
I saw that one. Way too far for me to travel. I was only looking for Southern California based cars. Plus I wanted black. That one looks like it needs tires as well. 17 warranty claims is also a red flag. Usually if it seems too good to be true, it is. From my past experience, you usually get what you pay for. I'm sure I could have shopped around a little longer and got a better deal, but this one was virtually flawless with no wear and tear and clean record. I'll pay a little more for condition, miles and history. I'll try and post some pictures in a new thread this coming weekend when I have a day off.

Koooop
07-12-11, 04:35 PM
We live in used car Mecca, no rust, no floods, no heat, no snow, no salt, no potholes, no rocks on the road etc...

Everyone out here has a garage and keeps their ride detailed out.

Enjoy it!

(I'm still jealous)

bnewell
07-12-11, 04:54 PM
there are 3 on autotrader right now for low 40's. one was silver, nav, recaro for 43 with 15k miles.

If that is the silver car in Michigan they also have a black 2009. I inquired about both of them last week including the chance they could be CPO and here is a portion of the email I received back.......**Please note, they were previously used at a Road-Test School of Preformance therefore the Cadillac Warranties are voided on both of these vehicles.

Brian

Koooop
07-12-11, 04:59 PM
WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's hilarious!

But they have the ricaro seats baby!

Domsz06
07-12-11, 05:08 PM
If that is the silver car in Michigan they also have a black 2009. I inquired about both of them last week including the chance they could be CPO and here is a portion of the email I received back.......**Please note, they were previously used at a Road-Test School of Preformance therefore the Cadillac Warranties are voided on both of these vehicles.

Brian

yeah think those are the one's. I just saw some buy post it on ls1. I thought they seemed low. Too funny. :D

one is silver

2 are red.

smackdownCTSV
07-12-11, 05:12 PM
I just had a VIS done on one in OH. Sure enough, warranty block from being in Monticello for the V Series Performance lab.

Koooop
07-12-11, 06:00 PM
Some poor schmuck is going to catch a ride on the skin boat to tuna town on one of those!

LOL

The stuff I've done to cars on a track when they weren't mine... YIPE!

I would have to find out what a 550HP 6,000 RPM clutch dump would be like!

bnewell
07-12-11, 06:14 PM
I just had a VIS done on one in OH. Sure enough, warranty block from being in Monticello for the V Series Performance lab.

Which one is that?? Just curious so I don't waste my time or the seller's time.

Thanks,

B.

calherc1
07-12-11, 07:00 PM
Like I thought, "to good to be true". Hey Koooop, no need to be jealous, you'll find one soon enough. Irvine is pretty far for me. I live in Agoura Hills, just inside Ventura County. I do attend the Cars & Coffee meet in Woodland Hills occasionally on Sundays. It is a pretty big gathering as well. Phillips Auto still has the ZO6 I traded for sale on their website. It is the black one with black wheels. Super clean Vette for someone looking. Based on their price, they will come down a lot. It was hard to trade, but I needed a back seat.

cdog533
07-12-11, 07:47 PM
I'm glad to see a supportive market for the used cars. How are other Caddys (i.e. Escalades) fairing?

I'm the original poster, and I agree that is one flawless, low mileage Southern California car. I'm jealous! I did notice that it had disappeard from the lot.

Bring it down to Cars 'n Coffee in Irvine on Saturday, I'll be there in my Black '05 V or if luck is with me I'll have my Yellow '69 Vette.
If you've never been, it's at the Mazda Building in Spectrum but you need to arrive by 6:15am if you want your car in the lot.

Like 6:15 AM???? on a Saturday? So, you need to leave your house at like 5:30 AM? That seems punitive. Especially to people that go out on Friday nights past say 8:30 PM.

FrcFed
07-12-11, 08:05 PM
I'm glad to see a supportive market for the used cars. How are other Caddys (i.e. Escalades) fairing?

Like 6:15 AM???? on a Saturday? So, you need to leave your house at like 5:30 AM? That seems punitive. Especially to people that go out on Friday nights past say 8:30 PM.

LOL same reason I rarely make it to C & C out in houston, used to be 10 mins from my house then after all the wrecks they moved it 45 mins away. Never look forward to leaving the house at 647-7ish to get a spot for a car meet.

smackdownCTSV
07-12-11, 08:22 PM
Which one is that?? Just curious so I don't waste my time or the seller's time.

Thanks,

B.

This one: http://www.laverychevy.com/canton-oh-alliance-used-2009-cadillac-cts-v-vid82606103-h838

Notice how this one actually notes it in the description: http://www.laverychevy.com/canton-oh-alliance-used-2009-cadillac-cts-v-vid82606122-h839

bnewell
07-12-11, 09:41 PM

Brian

To be fair to the dealers/sellers the 2 V's I mentioned with the voided warranties are located here in Ohio.....sorry. I have been looking for the past several months and they are all beginning to look alike. Sorry!!

B.

Domsz06
07-13-11, 09:01 AM

Sleep is for sissies! sleep when your dead :devil:

LOL same reason I rarely make it to C & C out in houston, used to be 10 mins from my house then after all the wrecks they moved it 45 mins away. Never look forward to leaving the house at 647-7ish to get a spot for a car meet.

lol now I have heard you have to be there at 7 to get a good spot and you might get a spot if you arrive after 730... I have yet to be to vintage park and it's only 15 min away lol.

Koooop
07-13-11, 05:13 PM
I agree, sleep is overated.

This time of year in So. Cal. the lot is full by 6:30. It probably holds 350+cars, by 7:30 people are starting to leave.

Wldchld22
07-13-11, 08:06 PM
Been lurking on the forum for awhile and now I'm getting closer to finding my car. I found a white 09 AT with 41,000 miles for 43k. In my area the price is great but the mileage seems awfully high, especially with only 10k left on the GM warranty. The tires are practically done, front insides are bald like many seem to see. The left front rim is marked up pretty well from a brush with something made of cement. I listen to the car while i drove it could swear the back left wheel may have a bad bearing. Sounds just like my 5spd Lexus before I had to replace the bearings. Listened for it on two different roads and could tell it wasn't pavement.

I really want a 6 SPD but can live with the automatic since it is white and has nav. Before I even try to negotiate do you guys think there are enough flags to stay away? Or do you think it would be bargain if I can possibly get the price lower?

Domsz06
07-13-11, 09:13 PM
well a new rim is like 400,
tires are from 1200 to 2000 depending on the brand

I bet it was an early dealer car so it came out in 08, so the miles are about right, my car has 37k on it and it has been down for 4 months since I owned it. (not all at once)

Does it have the ultraview? Recaro's?

if it doesn't have those two things then I kinda think 43 is high for what you have to put into it... but it's all on how much you want to wait. The car is so much fun to drive! :D

and you won't touch a 6spd for that price fyi....

Wldchld22
07-14-11, 02:00 AM
There was a 6 spd that went for 44k two miles north of me. silver, but no nav.

The dealer called me today, so I'm going to contact them tomorrow and talk a little. The guy supposedly used winter tires, the car just screams that it was beat on. I kind of expect it from a car that fun. The auto was great, but after driving stick for the past 7 years, I'm salivating and what this thing is like with a 6spd.

This one does have nav and recaros. The nav is kind of a deal breaker for me. I wonder how the ZL1 might effect prices on these things as well. For someone like me who will have more money by the time they come out might be intrigued in it, especially if it comes in with 570+HP like their saying. Obviously the CTS will have the nicer interior and handling, but you still get something of a backseat in the camaro.

Domsz06
07-14-11, 09:08 AM
There was a 6 spd that went for 44k two miles north of me. silver, but no nav.

The dealer called me today, so I'm going to contact them tomorrow and talk a little. The guy supposedly used winter tires, the car just screams that it was beat on. I kind of expect it from a car that fun. The auto was great, but after driving stick for the past 7 years, I'm salivating and what this thing is like with a 6spd.

This one does have nav and recaros. The nav is kind of a deal breaker for me. I wonder how the ZL1 might effect prices on these things as well. For someone like me who will have more money by the time they come out might be intrigued in it, especially if it comes in with 570+HP like their saying. Obviously the CTS will have the nicer interior and handling, but you still get something of a backseat in the camaro.

the zl1 will have a 20k price hike from most dealers though. Sorry no camaro is worth 70-80k IMO.

Caddy Wagon
07-14-11, 11:24 AM
the zl1 will have a 20k price hike from most dealers though...

tYou really think so? I guess the pricing may be "market adjusted" like the GT500's when they first came out. I bet there will be dealers selling them at MSRP or less though.

smackdownCTSV
07-14-11, 11:28 AM
Who would pay that much for a Camaro when you can get a Corvette loaded for less? I guess just the idiots and suckers. Or the people with lots of money.

Domsz06
07-14-11, 11:42 AM
tYou really think so? I guess the pricing may be "market adjusted" like the GT500's when they first came out. I bet there will be dealers selling them at MSRP or less though.

well when the z06 came out they marked em up for as much as 30k for over a year. It took me 18 months to find mine at sticker, so yeah I'm betting they do.

Who would pay that much for a Camaro when you can get a Corvette loaded for less? I guess just the idiots and suckers. Or the people with lots of money.

Same suckers who paid over for the zr1, z06, cts-v etc when it first came out. I have no desire for the camaro, even if it is faster, more hp, blah blah blah. I LOVE my 4 doors and the ride. Each to their own though, if you got it, flaunt it.

FrcFed
07-14-11, 09:40 PM
Sleep is for sissies! sleep when your dead :devil:

lol now I have heard you have to be there at 7 to get a good spot and you might get a spot if you arrive after 730... I have yet to be to vintage park and it's only 15 min away lol.

Yeah its getting that way, I havent gone yet either since my GTOs been down for the last year getting work done, embarrasing showing up around in my G6 lol. I gotta try to make it out to one of the Houston gtg once I have a descent ride back in my hands and take a look at some of the modded V's. Its cool that the aftermarket is so much better then what we had for the goats and there were like 10 times more of them produced!

well when the z06 came out they marked em up for as much as 30k for over a year. It took me 18 months to find mine at sticker, so yeah I'm betting they do.

Same suckers who paid over for the zr1, z06, cts-v etc when it first came out. I have no desire for the camaro, even if it is faster, more hp, blah blah blah. I LOVE my 4 doors and the ride. Each to their own though, if you got it, flaunt it.

Interior is 10 times better too, reason why im still chasing down a coupe over just buying a z06 for way less money or waiting for the ZL1.

Wldchld22
07-15-11, 01:49 AM
I"m not dropping 70k on a camaro either. I was talking after the initial hype dies down and their close to invoice pricing. I'm not in a super rush for a car.

Plus I am interested to what it does to the other side of the market. While I'm sure the demand for the cts-v will the stay the same I wonder if it will effect the supply of the car. Meaning will guys be trading in their 09/10 sedans for zl1's, cts-v coupes?

I know the prices have bumped up lately, but I'm thinking that may be to the summertime surge of buyers. I wonder if winter would also play a role. I am in Chicago so around here we do have a drop in prices around winter time however there are out of state buyers to consider.