: What is this?

brothleutner
06-14-11, 12:19 AM
I tried to start a new thread for this, but was unable. Scene from American Chopper. They are touring the Cadillac design studio, looks like at about 3:40ish there is a ats coupe either model, or model of the prototype. As I'm not that big of an expert on all the future stuff, I thought you all would like to take a gander. Also, just in my opinion, if you watch the whole episode, PJD's rear fender for his bike is pretty wicked. That dude he hires to do sheet metal is a metal wizard (wizard of sheet metal, not slaying demons with his full Marshall Stack and flying V).

http://www.youtube.com/user/UtubeVlogs#p/c/1E201E3583989C48/0/CXV56IrvQj0

bruff1977
06-14-11, 09:38 AM
There are a lot of 'easter eggs' in the show. Haven't watched it yet in HD. Around the 5:25 mark in the YT video, the illustration on the wall to the right of the XTS Platinum (between Clay Dean and Senior) has me wondering if that's the front and rear of the ATS-V or the new CTS-V...

Lord Cadillac
06-14-11, 01:13 PM
I moved your post into a new topic - but I wasn't sure what to call it.. Did you receive an error message when trying to start the new topic?

I tried to start a new thread for this, but was unable. Scene from American Chopper. They are touring the Cadillac design studio, looks like at about 3:40ish there is a ats coupe either model, or model of the prototype. As I'm not that big of an expert on all the future stuff, I thought you all would like to take a gander. Also, just in my opinion, if you watch the whole episode, PJD's rear fender for his bike is pretty wicked. That dude he hires to do sheet metal is a metal wizard (wizard of sheet metal, not slaying demons with his full Marshall Stack and flying V).

http://www.youtube.com/user/UtubeVlogs#p/c/1E201E3583989C48/0/CXV56IrvQj0

JimmyH
06-14-11, 02:27 PM
good catch. I believe that is the cien concept though. hard tell as that thoughtless blonde was in the way, and that camera panned so quickly.

brothleutner
06-15-11, 12:38 AM
I moved your post into a new topic - but I wasn't sure what to call it.. Did you receive an error message when trying to start the new topic?

Thanks for starting a new one up for me. Message said I wasn't authorized.

I was thinking later it might just be the cien as well. There is a truck rear fender shot as well in that video as well. The wheel looked like it was for a silverado, but why would they be showing a chevy truck at the cadillac design studio? All the shots did crack me up, as far as how set up everything was. Is somebody really working on the CTS Coupe clay model still?

Lord Cadillac
06-15-11, 01:08 AM
Thanks for starting a new one up for me. Message said I wasn't authorized.

I'm glad you pointed this out to me.. NOBODY was able to start topics except for me. I had no idea.. Same went for the XTS forum. I fixed the problem.....

JimmyH
06-15-11, 03:05 PM
Sal, being very territorial about his concept forums...

If they have a Silverado in the design studio, the Escalade shares its platform. Maybe that has something to do with it.

jagowar
08-07-11, 12:41 PM
I rewatched that segment.... you did get alot of little design queues.

We might have also gotten a image of the front of the ATS at the 4:06 mark (the silver/white concept image on the board) but it was pretty blurry to really tell (could have easily been a cts but the proifile looks right and it seems to fit the teaser we got)