: 93 FWB Door Switch/ soleniod/ module

425 Dual Quad
06-14-11, 07:38 AM
Hi guys,

Need one of these! For the front passenger door. It is the switch/ module that switches the interior lights out when shifting into park and moving forward more than 4mph. And apparrently it triggers the automatic door locks to go on.
It's attached to what I would call a lock protection plate. The plunger in the switch is supposed to go in and out. It doesn't. It's frozen solid.
Any ideas a) what it's called and b) where to get one. Can't find one.

regards & thanks, Nick

Stingroo
06-14-11, 07:42 AM
Got a part # on it?

425 Dual Quad
06-14-11, 09:20 AM
Not that I can see - it's a bit gnarly. It is rivedted onto that door lock protection plate tough.

425 Dual Quad
06-23-11, 08:11 AM
Bump. Hey anybody??
Anybody know what this part is called and where to get one? Should I be looking for the door lock protection plate (or something??) Or does anyone have/ know of a 93-6 Fleetwood Brougham/ Roadmaster/ Caprice/ Olds D body sitting somewhere being broken that they can take one out of ands ship it to me please?
Thanks, Nick

425 Dual Quad
06-23-11, 08:26 AM
It seems elk3000' came across the exact same issue and the part in question is the door lock retainer

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/147666-interior-ligts-stay.html

thefleetwoodguy
06-23-11, 03:31 PM
I have anything you may need for 93-96 fleetwood broughams
Im surprised you hadnt found me before now
since I spend a ton of time on this forum...
www.thefleetwoodguy.com

now that I think of it I sent you an oil level sensor once? I think

my family is from ringaskiddy county cork, remember???...Jim

425 Dual Quad
06-23-11, 07:26 PM
Jim,
I do remember indeed. I was in Cork (Clonakilty, West Cork and Cork city) last weekend. We had a car show there and did a cruise through the centre of Cork. Great time.
Do you have the switch I am talking about? Please let me know.
regards, Nick