: D3 Heat Exchanger Install HELP- No hose no instructions

Torxila
06-13-11, 10:20 PM
Does anyone have instructions or pictures of the D3 HE install.

Unpacked box-no instructions, no hoses, no bolts/nuts for bracket mount. Just a bag of AN fittings! WTF!

Anybody done this before?

Thanks in advance

ps Nothing on D3 web site, search here, turned up nothing.

George

Bookinctsv
06-13-11, 10:29 PM
same thing happened to me.... came with heat exchanger but no hoses or instructions or nothing. ended up calling them, spoke to Ro, who sold it to me and he overnight the parts and then transferred me to a onsite mechanic who installs them on the regular and gave me a brief walk thorugh on where it mounts and connects and such forth. hopes everything works out man good luck.

Torxila
06-13-11, 10:37 PM
Bookin

Thanks for the info, still sucks though. We bought 2 sets and both were bare. Some of these vendors on here are LESS than professional IMHO.

I'll call Ro in the morning.

Thanks again
George

Torxila
06-13-11, 11:23 PM
Bookin,
Does the stock HE stay in with this setup or do you pull it out and just run the D3 HE, Do you remember how many hoses Ro sent you, were they straight or 90 degree formed hoses? Any pics of your set up.

Thanks
George

Titaniumseeker
06-13-11, 11:42 PM
Does anyone have instructions or pictures of the D3 HE install.

Unpacked box-no instructions, no hoses, no bolts/nuts for bracket mount. Just a bag of AN fittings! WTF!

Anybody done this before?

Thanks in advance

ps Nothing on D3 web site, search here, turned up nothing.

George

Geez... At least you got a bag of AN fittings. My order consisted of just a pump and HX that looked used with scratches and bent fins not caused by shipping because it was well packed.

Torxila
06-13-11, 11:51 PM
I didn't order the pump kit. I was told I could "just bolt this in". I understood the upgaded pump kit was for hard use/road racing etc.
Was I lied to?

George

Bookinctsv
06-14-11, 12:06 AM
Torxila yes sometimes these companies really do dissappoint me. Also to be honest i did not do the install, along with the rest of my build, my mechanic did, i was there for the part of it that we needed to overnight somethings at the beginning. But when my mechanic told me that i was missing parts, i went over to shop check out everything and then called d3 On speaker with my mechanic, he explained the situation and the parts he was missing, they overnighted the parts and i told my mechanic to call back if he had any questions install the hx and he told me that d3 helped him with a small walk through of the install. I know the stock one does not stay, and they sent 3 hoses i believe 2 for the top and one for the side(or one for the top and two for the side, not sure being that they directly delivered the parts to my mechanic ) hope this help.

Torxila
06-14-11, 12:36 AM
Bookin

Thanks a bunch. I'll call the pricks tomorrow.

George

baabootoo
06-14-11, 02:25 AM
Bookin

Thanks for the info, still sucks though. We bought 2 sets and both were bare. Some of these vendors on here are LESS than professional IMHO.

I'll call Ro in the morning.

Thanks again
George

So you decided to bash them BEFORE communication? This sounds LESS than professional; IMHO.

Razorecko
06-14-11, 02:27 AM
wow. For the price that sucker costs I'd think it'd come with a laminated instruction manual and vacuum packed hardware

turbol15
06-14-11, 06:14 AM
funny how they dont respond.

jamesdean65
06-14-11, 08:31 AM
this was to be my next purchase.:thehand:

Caddy Wagon
06-14-11, 09:38 AM
funny how they dont respond.

Vendors don't live on the forums. Give 'em some time. D3 is a class act from what I've seen, I'm sure they will take care of George.

550HP STSV
06-14-11, 10:12 AM
yeah right. D3 strikes again I see. D3 has got me before in the past too.

Jamie @ Street Side Performance (authorized vendor) sells these with all the proper fittings, install instructions, hoses, and 24 hour support you could ever want, usually for less than half the price.

zirotti
06-14-11, 10:25 AM
So you decided to bash them BEFORE communication? This sounds LESS than professional; IMHO.

C'mon now. Who sells parts without any instructions or all the necessary hardware to install it. You'd think you'd be buying a printer from HP and it doesn't include a USB cable:)

I will also say I sent a email to D3 with a couple questions and haven't heard back yet.

Razorecko
06-14-11, 10:33 AM
They like to beat around the question of the springs always. Why they fixed the issues with the first springs and than brought them out to the market as "competitiion springs"

550HP STSV
06-14-11, 10:53 AM
it took them 5 months to get me the spacers for my lowering springs.

serturbo
06-14-11, 01:14 PM
It's just a HX. Can't be that difficult to figure out what goes where. I once ordered a turbo kit and it came with no instructions. Wasn't to hard to figure out what went where with that. If I could figure that out, anyone should be able to figure out a HX install. Here's a write up for the Hennessey HX:

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-54734705425182/CTSV-heat-exchanger.pdf

Torxila
06-14-11, 01:58 PM
First off, there is NO way you bring this type of product to market without some kind of instructions or video link!

My installer/tuner figured it out no problem, and all is good. This 1st one was on my buddys '10 sedan.

I did contact D3 this morning and spoke to Matt in marketing who was VERY courteous and helpful. (He wasn't sure if the HE came with hoses/bolts etc) Their techy wasn't in yet but Matt told me to phone back and get a "walk through" from the techy.

If there are parts missing they will overnight them to my installer no problem.

I still think D3 has good products and so far they seem genuine and helpful when something is not correct.

I'll post again when I find out more details.

Regards,
George

Domsz06
06-14-11, 02:05 PM
It's just a HX. Can't be that difficult to figure out what goes where. I once ordered a turbo kit and it came with no instructions. Wasn't to hard to figure out what went where with that. If I could figure that out, anyone should be able to figure out a HX install. Here's a write up for the Hennessey HX:

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-54734705425182/CTSV-heat-exchanger.pdf

Not everyone is tech savy, however I would think if he was having it done his mech could figure it out since they are cake for anyone with mechanical sense.

Razorecko
06-14-11, 02:38 PM
i'm still firm on the belief when paying $1k+ for a HE you should have it practically installing itself

kirbyCTSV
06-14-11, 03:01 PM
selling them on ebay now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D3-Intercooler-2009-2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Cpe-Sdn-Wgn-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b83d9a9cQQitemZ17059 4769564QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_4116wt_1002

i dont see anything about hardware and instructions included...but i agree it should come with it.

Dr. Design
06-14-11, 03:52 PM
Wow I guess we are late in responding... Unfortunately we are not on the forums as much as we would like to be.

For the OP, you certainly did the right thing by contacting us this morning. We wish you would have called us prior to going online to voice your concerns in a forum we do not frequent all the time. However if you have any issues with not having the correct part, please do let us know by calling or emailing us. If you are missing parts we do apologize and will get you the correct parts ASAP.

As for the installation, you do have access to our technicians if you need assistance with the installation.

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Torxila
06-14-11, 04:38 PM
Wow I guess we are late in responding... Unfortunately we are not on the forums as much as we would like to be.

For the OP, you certainly did the right thing by contacting us this morning. We wish you would have called us prior to going online to voice your concerns in a forum we do not frequent all the time. However if you have any issues with not having the correct part, please do let us know by calling or emailing us. If you are missing parts we do apologize and will get you the correct parts ASAP.

As for the installation, you do have access to our technicians if you need assistance with the installation.

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Dr.Design
Thanks for your reply. I tried phoning you last night but you must have just closed 5pm west coast time, 8pm in Detroit. This forum can be helpful some times and I was trying to see if anyone knew if the HE came with hoses &/or instructions. I did see a couple of people post they had the same thing happen to them. There were others that just wanted to jump on the "BASH THE VENDOR" wagon as you may have seen it.

As stated, when I did get through to you this morning I was treated very well and just as I'm typing this your email from RO with the instructions came through. Now if I get the hoses overnighted for tomorrow I'll be all set.

Please know I was not a "BASHER", just trying to get info at the time.

I did speak to Gevork and he was VERY helpful as well. This ALL could have been avoided if the instructions were sent out with the shipment with ALL the parts. You seem to have a good web site, lots of bells & whistles, maybe someone could just tweak the shipping/packaging/sales department to cover all the details. I would not have even considered your products if I had thought they were inferior or of poor design. D3 impressed me with their products and professionalism, and this little nugget has only made me a greater believer. I WILL recommend D3 to anyone I know.

Regards,
George R Gray

JimmyH
06-14-11, 04:43 PM
It seems this case has been closed.