: Odd quirk, wondering if anyone else had this issue

EVIL_C5
06-13-11, 03:35 PM
Once before this weekend this happened, and I chalked it up to a fluke. But this weekend I had my iPad in the passenger seat playing lemans over the web hooked to the aux input. It kept saying the passenger wasn't buckled in. Moved the iPad and it stopped. This morning with my iPhone it did the same thing again. Weird

e6t
06-13-11, 03:44 PM
generally, the seat has a weight sensor in it... mine does that if i put my briefcase in it... but that thing about eleventeen thousand pounds.

but let me save you some time... i'll pretend im your dealer.

you: "Once before this weekend this happened, and I chalked it up to a fluke. But this weekend I had my iPad in the passenger seat playing lemans over the web hooked to the aux input. It kept saying the passenger wasn't buckled in. Moved the iPad and it stopped. This morning with my iPhone it did the same thing again. Weird"

me (dealer): "could not duplicate"

you: "what the hell did you do to my wheels?"

me (dealer): "what are you talking about? they were like that."

you: "why did you have to drive my car 63 miles to determine that you couldnt duplicate my issue? and why was it necessary for you to register .91 and .94 on the gmeter?"

me (dealer): "we had to drive the car to test it. and the offramps here are sharp. we are highly qualified and have no issues ever with anyone's car. our service bay is full of cars that are WAY more expensive than your CTS."

you: "GO F YOURSELF"

....and scene.

you're welcome.

M5eater
06-13-11, 03:53 PM
ROFL Classic!!!

EVIL_C5
06-13-11, 04:00 PM
Lucky I know a tech at a GM dealer that wouldn't do that. Lol. My corvette on the other hand, 18 miles for a wind leak from the vert top....and wheel issues. So it must be common. Lol

Domsz06
06-13-11, 04:00 PM
generally, the seat has a weight sensor in it... Mine does that if i put my briefcase in it... But that thing about eleventeen thousand pounds.

But let me save you some time... I'll pretend im your dealer.

You: "once before this weekend this happened, and i chalked it up to a fluke. But this weekend i had my ipad in the passenger seat playing lemans over the web hooked to the aux input. It kept saying the passenger wasn't buckled in. Moved the ipad and it stopped. This morning with my iphone it did the same thing again. Weird"

me (dealer): "could not duplicate"

you: "what the hell did you do to my wheels?"

me (dealer): "what are you talking about? They were like that."

you: "why did you have to drive my car 63 miles to determine that you couldnt duplicate my issue? And why was it necessary for you to register .91 and .94 on the gmeter?"

me (dealer): "we had to drive the car to test it. And the offramps here are sharp. We are highly qualified and have no issues ever with anyone's car. Our service bay is full of cars that are way more expensive than your cts."

you: "go f yourself"

....and scene.

You're welcome.

lol!!!!

BigJoeD
06-13-11, 04:04 PM
OMG that was funny. Made my day!!!!

musclesbmf
06-13-11, 04:10 PM
That was awesome!!

Trapspeed
06-13-11, 04:49 PM
Priceless. On a Monday where I needed a good laugh this came through. Gracias.

js615
06-13-11, 05:33 PM
I'm with the others - made for a great laugh this afternoon.

Titaniumseeker
06-14-11, 12:14 AM
Roflmao!!!!

EVIL_C5
06-14-11, 09:33 AM
I can see my technical quirk is the butt of jokes....lol

so im assuming nobody else has experienced this....

e6t
06-14-11, 03:58 PM
the most funny (and/or sad) part is that i wasnt really trying to be funny.

JimmyH
06-14-11, 04:52 PM
I would say the sensor in your passenger seat is overly sensitive. Or perhaps there is a fold of the seat covering (the seams from where they sow together) wedged against the sensor putting force on it?

EVIL_C5
06-14-11, 05:04 PM
But the less than a pound weight be enough to trigger it? Taking it for checkup tomorrow for v day so will have them look.

JimmyH
06-15-11, 04:01 PM
If something in your seat is wedged against the sensor, it could easily create enough leverage to put excessive force on it. I don't see how that could happen, but I was just throwing it out there.

EVIL_C5
06-15-11, 09:12 PM
Had my work binder in the seat today and it weighs allot more than the phone and no issue. Wonder if it's a frequency thing? I'm no engineer....

tedcmiller
06-25-11, 03:07 PM
Just a thought. I had a seatbelt warning that was caused by my dog sitting in the passenger seat with no seat belt on. The weight of the dog tripped the sensor in the seat. Since the dog was not wearing a seatbelt, I kept getting the warning (chiming, etc) until I got the dog out.

EVIL_C5
06-25-11, 03:49 PM
It's lime 30 or 40 lbs to set the sensor, not 3or 4 lbs of phone.... I totally forgot to ask the Cadillac people yesterday.

BLEWBYUWIT6.2
06-27-11, 11:00 AM
the seatbelt sensor is very sensitive...your really not suppose to have anything in the seat unless its a passenger...as most of us know that sensor also activates and deactivates the passenger side airbag....if you were to crash your car it would suck for them to total ur car becuase u had an ipad/pod/phone in the seat....my boy smashed the front of his 09 cts-v to 13k in damages...no airbags deployed...but the front of the car was smashed..... i think thats the only reason that car was not totaled

JimmyH
06-27-11, 02:05 PM
It seems these days alot of insurance companies total a car for any airbag deployment.