: Injector problem in 1989 Fleetwood.

De_Murat
06-13-11, 03:20 PM
Gentlemen:
I recently bought a 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood with a 4.5 liter V8 engine. When I step on the gas on a hill to overtake, the car suddenly slows down and no matter how I press the gas pedal, it only makes about 30 MPH. Also the engine uses about three times the normal gas it would use and there is a smell of gasoline all around the car. When I take it to a local repair shop the guy told me that one of the fuel injectors is burned out. After the repair the same thing happened. This time the repairman told me that the electronics circuit box of the engine has been tampered with before. Probably some person with no knowledege tried to repair it. It is always the same fuel injector which burns out, inluding the cables. I would like to receive advice about this situation and also where I can buy, if necessary, a new electronics circuit for the fuel injection system. I live in Turkey and there is no official dealer here, so I must buy anything via the internet.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Murat Oguz

outsider
06-13-11, 03:25 PM
I think the 1989 Fleetwoods were front wheel drive and this is the rear wheel drive forum so this might get moved.

Anyways, you can find almost any part you need at rockauto.com