: 2012 Escalade

victob47
06-13-11, 01:49 PM
Any word on what will be new/changed on the 2012 Escalade models?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-15-11, 03:00 PM
Victob47,

Thank you for your question!

2012 Escalade Deletions

Exterior color Infrared Tintcoat
Exterior color Evolution Green Metallic
Exterior color Galaxy Gray Metallic
Exterior color Silver Lining Metallic
Exterior color Blue Frost Metallic

2012 Escalade New Features

Exterior color Crystal Red Tintcoat. This color is available at an extra charge.
Exterior color Radiant Silver Metallic
Interior trim Ebony with Ebony accents on the Platinum Edition.

Navigation updates including: Rear Vision Camera guiding lines, low fuel warning, POI franchise search, XM weather forecast and XM tune select

22" x 9" Polished and Painted Wheel

2012 Escalade Changes

Center console lid has new appearance

The 2012 Escalade ESV has all of the same changes/deletions/additions as the regular Escalade. The ESV also has an Appearance Package that is standard on the Premium trim level. That package includes body color Platinum grille, modified side vents to match grille, body color body side molding, body color door handles, new rear fascia with dual exhaust outlets, tinted clear CHMSL and tail lamps, new rear two piece appliqué and badge, polished and painted Platinum wheels.

2012 Escalade EXT deletions

Exterior color Gold Mist Metallic
Exterior color Mocha Steel Metallic

2012 Escalade EXT New Features

Navigation updates including: Rear Vision Camera guiding lines, Low fuel warning, POI franchise search, XM weather forecast and XM tune select

2012 Escalade EXT Changes

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

h2kool4tn
06-15-11, 04:33 PM
So the body style will be same? Also the navi updates, that seems like it can be updated on the older models too.

hannity
06-15-11, 04:41 PM
well at least they upgraded to camera guide lines. That is a feature I appreciate.

victob47
06-16-11, 01:28 AM
Thanks Elizabeth.

blkEsc
06-16-11, 08:55 AM
When do you think there will be pics to see these things? Is there anyway to get the appearance package on a reg escalade?

cz9h3d
06-17-11, 01:09 PM
All 1SC Premium Collection Utilities will have this new exterior appearance as standard for 2012 - both short and long wheelbase models.

It will be a late start (late November production), so I'd expect to see images in the late August / early September time period.

ESCALADE132
06-18-11, 03:17 PM
What is navigation guide lines? What does that do?

hannity
06-18-11, 03:54 PM
What is navigation guide lines? What does that do?

I'm assuming you mean the rear view camera guidelines. They are self explanatory. I won't jump down gm's throat for not having them before hand. Because oddly enough they are not available on Lexus LX570 as of yet.

skierjp
06-20-11, 04:35 PM
There avaliable on the CTS. I hope they can do a download so I can have them in my 2011.

Fast Eddie
06-23-11, 06:32 PM
ESV's have a new rear bumper with dual tips?????? I can't wait to see that!!!

KSinVictoria
08-12-11, 12:54 AM
There avaliable on the CTS. I hope they can do a download so I can have them in my 2011.

Ditto. Would love to see this simple update come to 2011s too. Thanks

hannity
08-12-11, 06:29 PM
They are still sticking with the OHV engine???? sigh

hcvone
08-13-11, 08:07 PM
Victob47,

Thank you for your question!

2012 Escalade Deletions

Exterior color Infrared Tintcoat
Exterior color Evolution Green Metallic
Exterior color Galaxy Gray Metallic
Exterior color Blue Frost Metallic

2012 Escalade New Features

Exterior color Crystal Red Tintcoat. This color is available at an extra charge.
Interior trim Ebony with Ebony accents on the Platinum Edition.

Navigation updates including: Rear Vision Camera guiding lines, low fuel warning, POI franchise search, XM weather forecast and XM tune select

22" x 9" Polished and Painted Wheel

2012 Escalade Changes

The 2012 Escalade ESV has all of the same changes/deletions/additions as the regular Escalade. The ESV also has an Appearance Package that is standard on the Premium trim level. That package includes body color Platinum grille, modified side vents to match grille, body color body side molding, body color door handles, new rear fascia with dual exhaust outlets, tinted clear CHMSL and tail lamps, new rear two piece appliqué and badge, polished and painted Platinum wheels.

2012 Escalade EXT deletions

Exterior color Gold Mist Metallic
Exterior color Mocha Steel Metallic

2012 Escalade EXT New Features

Navigation updates including: Rear Vision Camera guiding lines, Low fuel warning, POI franchise search, XM weather forecast and XM tune select

2012 Escalade EXT Changes

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Any chance of seeing a pic of the new black platinum interior? I am ordering one anyway, just would be nice to see before I get it. :)

surburban99
08-14-11, 10:21 AM
How about bringing back rain sensing wipers????

b4z
08-14-11, 11:04 AM
They should have a black chrome, hyperblack or shadow chrome option for all the bling that is on this vehicle to tone it down a bit.

JBS123
08-14-11, 12:43 PM
My Cadillac dealer showed me color swatch folder for the 2012 Cadillac Escalade. It shows an additional new color available: Xenon Blue Metallic and says it will be a "late introduction date." The brochure was for the Cadillac 2012 Escalade, so it must be correct.

Has anyone else heard this? And I wonder when/where we'll be able to see that color.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-22-11, 10:53 AM
Unfortunately I have not seen that this color would be added to the 2012 Escalade. Currently I only see it on the 2012 SRX. I do not have any pictures of the color either. Sorry I can't be of more assistance this situation.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

fivepix
08-22-11, 12:08 PM
@JBS123

The current list of colors for the 2012 Escalade are the following:

Black Raven
Gold Mist Metallic
Black Ice Metallic
Crystal Red Tintcoat
White Diamond Tricoat
Radiant Silver Metallic
Mocha Steel Metallic

The above post is correct, that blue color is only showing under the SRX.

felixgun
08-24-11, 05:31 PM
Pics of new center console lid? I have an 07 and hate the center console lid on mine since it has no indention like Esky Platinum edition where you can put your phone/other things in.

JBS123
08-30-11, 01:15 PM
I actually HELD the Cadillac 2012 paint chip 11" x 17" brochure from the owner of the dealership in my hands that showed Xenon Blue Metallic as a "late introduction" color for the 2012 Escalade.

K9Caddy
08-30-11, 04:14 PM
They need direct injection in this day and age. I can't believe they are using the same engine 5yrs later.

fivepix
08-30-11, 04:48 PM
Could be a possibility, but the paint chip samples could have been a generic book for all Cadillac models. I have a few GM sources and they don't see that color in their systems yet. Usually the information is available internally at GM before it hits the dealers.

But hey you should go back to the dealer and ask if you can pre-order the vehicle in that paint and see what he says LOL :)

chakde
09-13-11, 09:26 PM
Hi Elizabeth,

Does this mean the 2012 Platinum will not have the chrome grill but will have a body color grill, handles etc.

bstiffmanofsteel
09-15-11, 09:00 PM
http://www.patrickcadillacsaab.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new

99ssconv
09-21-11, 10:16 PM
ESV's have a new rear bumper with dual tips?????? I can't wait to see that!!!

We got 9 units in the other day for a GM special event and they are very sharp looking with the paint matched door handles, grills, hood cap and side vents. Rear stop lamps look more like clear lamps from the rear and red from the sides. High mount is also clear. The exhaust exists through the rear bumper from a single muffler that takes the place of the spare tire. Rear looks like a Lexus LS car where the exhaust exists with a small chrome trim outlining the exhaust outlets. I was going to get some pictures but when I got around to doing it they were already picked up. The only thing I thought was odd is the platinum wheels are machined with a grey paint inside the spokes and clear coated. The wheels looked nice until we put the CHROME center caps on them. First one I guessed they boxed them wrong but every one was the same way.

99ssconv
09-21-11, 10:20 PM
The rear hitch cover is also different

felixgun
09-22-11, 04:22 PM
The rear hitch cover is also different

On the escalade or escalade esv?

cz9h3d
09-22-11, 09:04 PM
We got 9 units in the other day for a GM special event and they are very sharp looking with the paint matched door handles, grills, hood cap and side vents. Rear stop lamps look more like clear lamps from the rear and red from the sides. High mount is also clear. The exhaust exists through the rear bumper from a single muffler that takes the place of the spare tire. Rear looks like a Lexus LS car where the exhaust exists with a small chrome trim outlining the exhaust outlets. I was going to get some pictures but when I got around to doing it they were already picked up. The only thing I thought was odd is the platinum wheels are machined with a grey paint inside the spokes and clear coated. The wheels looked nice until we put the CHROME center caps on them. First one I guessed they boxed them wrong but every one was the same way.

These are the 2012 1SC Premium Collection vehicles you were prepping for the Texas Team Escalade Charity event. The event URL has a nice shot of the grille. I like it.

The Platinum does not get these changes, only the Premium Collection utilities. The Platinum does get the revised rear fascia with dual exhaust outlets.

http://www.teamescaladetexas.com/tedfw.aspx

cz9h3d
09-22-11, 09:17 PM
Xenon Blue is coming to the Escalade for 2012 - utilities first, EXT early next year. This color was actually used on the XLR in the past, so just google "xenon blue XLR" and you'll get a good representation of the color.

bstiffmanofsteel
09-23-11, 08:35 PM
Nice!

99ssconv
09-23-11, 11:12 PM
On the escalade or escalade esv?
had it on both of them

felixgun
09-25-11, 09:22 AM
I can't find any pics of the updated rear bumper cover, post some pics if you got some!

hcvone
09-25-11, 08:03 PM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/gallery/data/666/medium/2012-Escalade-Prem-00334_jp.jpg

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/2012-Escalade-ESV-Prem71.jp.jpg?download=061611

K9Caddy
09-26-11, 03:37 AM
Carl-

What are you going to do for an exhaust system now? ;)

hcvone
09-26-11, 07:24 AM
It appears that this new dual exhaust, that is really single exhaust thru one muffler, is only on the ESV, because my two 2012 standard length platinums have the standard exhaust, which of course has been replaced, I would have been pretty upset if my trucks had this system with all the exhausts I have. :)

hannity
09-26-11, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if they have push button start or an intelligent key?

2007XTSDub
09-26-11, 11:37 AM
I dont think so. You wont see that till the new Esky comes out! Even then who knows?

hannity
09-26-11, 11:54 AM
I figured as much gm is always behind all other car makers.

bstiffmanofsteel
09-26-11, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know if they have push button start or an intelligent key?

They make it aftermarket now. But I'm in no hurry to rewire anything right now...
http://www.mystardrive.com/stardrive_push_start_ignition.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU9d2dUSNOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0w5mPPZUGM

K9Caddy
09-26-11, 12:14 PM
It appears that this new dual exhaust, that is really single exhaust thru one muffler, is only on the ESV, because my two 2012 standard length platinums have the standard exhaust, which of course has been replaced, I would have been pretty upset if my trucks had this system with all the exhausts I have. :)

Interesting... So, as in the picture above, that dual outlet design is only available on the ESV? That looks like a regular Escalade in the pics. I guess I'll keep my 2009... At least I will have the rain-sensing wipers that I love.

hcvone
09-26-11, 12:58 PM
Interesting... So, as in the picture above, that dual outlet design is only available on the ESV? That looks like a regular Escalade in the pics. I guess I'll keep my 2009... At least I will have the rain-sensing wipers that I love.

Yea it is an ESV if you blow the pic up you can read it on the door, and the rear door is full size, not the little 3/4 door I have. No my 12's are the same as the 11', which are the same as the 2007's in terms of push button start. :( and if you read the order info it says the same thing that it's only on the ESV

K9Caddy
09-26-11, 03:10 PM
Thanks Carl! Another retarded move on GM's part... I guess I'll keep my money right where it it.

MrSplenda
09-26-11, 09:33 PM
Maybe just me, but this new Escalade is looking a little too "street" for me.