: HID look fog light bulbs

Trapspeed
06-12-11, 10:14 PM
All, I was wondering if any manufacturer makes a bulb that will replace the stockers and shine more white like the HID headlights on the car. I don't know that I want to convert it over to HID fogs. In my old 300C I was able to buy a replacement light that popped right into the housing and looked more like a match for the headlights. Are there any known bulbs out there that can accomplish this? Thanks all.

Moderators, forgive me if this post isn't correctly filed.

DrumStix
06-12-11, 10:48 PM
Not sure about just the bulb but I have a full HID conversion kit here if you start leaning that way.

mpouls1
06-12-11, 10:53 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/162521-fog-lights-hid-2.html#post2046805

Razorecko
06-13-11, 09:45 AM
Search " Hoen " brand fogs. They are the closest to oem matching halogens / non-hid

Trapspeed
06-13-11, 10:08 PM
Outstanding. Thanks everyone.

rockryno
09-15-11, 11:20 PM
just ordered my HIDs. Will post a good how to with pics

Cub Cadet
09-16-11, 08:31 AM
You can actually get an LED bulb that fits in there and the light color will be identical to what the HID produces on these cars. GT500 guys have been doing this for a while now. I wish they had an LED replacement for the headlights as I would pay big $$ to switch from HID to LED. I absolutely hate HID lights as they are very prone to failure if you do not take care of them and they are HUGE $$ to replace. The LED technolgy has come a long way and I actually install these on many fire trucks that we build at the manufacturer I work at. I also have these LED headlights on the fire truck I am assigned to at the department I work at and they are they best thing out there for night-time driving.