: New Shock Leaking

baabootoo
06-12-11, 12:59 AM
I had two new rear shocks put on last month, due to leaking, and noticed the driver's side is leaking already. I had to check on a nail, so I jacked it up and looked. Sure enough, oily residue up high, and grimy dirt below! The passenger side is fine too. I only drove 280 miles, all back and forth in the city too. I remember the other thread of someone with lowered springs, where they denied the replacement shocks too. If the big white decals have anything more than a light coating of dirt, you might want to take a closer look. Have others actually looked and saw if anything was leaking?

cruiser68
06-12-11, 12:50 PM
Not on my V but I had a constant problem with leaking shocks on my 08 Yukon Denali. Always passenger side front. First at 20K, again at 38K (had to arm wrestle GM to replace that one), then again at 55K. Always the same shock. Spoke to the SM about checking the front end to see if something else is causing it. They were not interested in anything but replacing the shock. Oh and I learned a lesson, GM extended warranty covers struts but NOT shocks. WTF is the difference other than one has a spring on it?????