: V1 Vs V2, a few features I wish were not dropped

Ronsv
06-11-11, 09:24 PM
Okay, had my new V for 3 weeks now, a few observations.

#1 No oil temperature readout, whats up with that? Any true drivers car should have an oil temp display, period! It is essential that you wait for the oil temp to come up to about 140 -150 deg before you partake in any spirited driving, at least if you care about the longevity of your engine you should. Water temps are only important to monitor for overheating, at least with a fuel injected car. The V1 did have an oil temp display, surprised it was omitted on the V2.

#2 Would be nice to have a transmission and differential temp readout too, as the V1 had (transmission).

#3 No curb assist? This is a great feature to protect you from scraping your wheels against the curb. Why did they drop this feature on the V2?

#4 It was nice to be able to assess all of the display information via steering wheel rocker switches as on the V1, need to reach for the left side of the dash in the V2, much less ergonomically pleasing.

Before anyone takes my comments out of context, let me make one thing clear, the V2 is a more refined car in many, many ways, just wish a few of the features that the V1 had were not dropped on the V2.

The fact that I am not in constant fear of blowing up the rear diff, as I was in the V1 more than overcomes the few issues I listed.

Looking forward to many awesome miles and road trips in my new V!:cool:

baabootoo
06-12-11, 12:09 AM
I thought that we had a transmission temp readout. Yeah, I agree with the rest, especially having to reach and push those buttons.

Ronsv
06-12-11, 09:26 AM
I thought that we had a transmission temp readout. Yeah, I agree with the rest, especially having to reach and push those buttons.

Maybe the auto trans cars have a transmission temp readout, but the manual shift cars do not.

jpoole
06-12-11, 01:46 PM
#3 No curb assist? This is a great feature to protect you from scraping your wheels against the curb. Why did they drop this feature on the V2?

#4 It was nice to be able to assess all of the display information via steering wheel rocker switches as on the V1, need to reach for the left side of the dash in the V2, much less ergonomically pleasing.

I had an 05 V, what is curb assist?

+1 on the display change button, really sucks not having that one. Dash button is hard to get to. There is a button over the traction control button, should have put it there. I can't even figure out what that button does... :)

Ronsv
06-12-11, 02:05 PM
The curb assist is a feature that tilts the side view mirror down on the passenger side when you put the car in reverse, allowing you to view the curb as you park your car. Curb assist needs to be turned on via the information center, possibly you had this switched off on your 05 V. The button over the traction control I turns on the steering wheel heater in non V Cts's. I also agree that would be a great place to allow for display changes, also why no digital display on the tachometer face (as in the V1), would be nice to be able to display more than one graphic at a time. In addition, a heads-up display would be nice, great feature in the Z06!

JFJr
06-12-11, 02:10 PM
Yeah, the DIC display controls on the left of the steering wheel, coupled with a display window that is too small, are very annoying and take attention away from watching the road for hazards and incompetent drivers. I hate not being able to check the pressure of all 4 tires simultaneously. A good programmable heads-up display could remedy some of that.

Jud
(Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk)

jpoole
06-12-11, 02:15 PM
The curb assist is a feature that tilts the side view mirror down on the passenger side when you put the car in reverse, allowing you to view the curb as you park your car. Curb assist needs to be turned on via the information center, possibly you had this switched off on your 05 V. The button over the traction control I turns on the steering wheel heater in non V Cts's. I also agree that would be a great place to allow for display changes, also why no digital display on the tachometer face (as in the V1), would be nice to be able to display more than one graphic at a time. In addition, a heads-up display would be nice, great feature in the Z06!

Oh, yea I had the curb assist, just didn't put it together with calling it curb assist. Yea, 2nd display would be good, forgot about that. I had my tire preasure up most of the time, and like that.

zinner
06-13-11, 03:04 PM
Thanx for the feed back. I had an 2006 SRX and upgraded to a 2010 SRX performance package and was so disappointed on how GM removed some of the best features. The old key fob customization was so much easier to work, plus the air vents are a downgrade.

I am considering going from a 05 CTS-V to an 2010/11 and I am so disappointing by the lack of manual transmissions. It seems like for every 20 autos there is a manual CTS-V.

How is the auto transmissions in these vehicles?

JFJr
06-13-11, 03:39 PM
I am considering going from a 05 CTS-V to an 2010/11 and I am so disappointing by the lack of manual transmissions. It seems like for every 20 autos there is a manual CTS-V.I came from a 2005 V1, too, but ordered my car. That way I could be certain that it wasn't test driven by someone who had no business driving a stick shift. All of us love our manual transmission V2's. They are even more enjoyable to drive than the V1.

Jud

Ronsv
06-13-11, 07:23 PM
I came from a 2005 V1, too, but ordered my car. That way I could be certain that it wasn't test driven by someone who had no business driving a stick shift. All of us love our manual transmission V2's. They are even more enjoyable to drive than the V1.

Jud
One of the things that sold me on the car that I bought off of the lot was that there were only 4 miles on the odometer, and the car was on the lot for only 2 weeks. I informed the dealer that I expected there to be only 4 miles on the car when I picked it up, there were. I agree about the concern with regards to test drives. I wanted my new car to be a new car, not abused by some idiot looking for a quick thrill ride! If a car has 25+ miles on it, it is a used car, and negotiate accordingly. Can be a great opportunity for a good deal.

pmsteinm
06-14-11, 07:37 PM
I miss the 3 data displays: 1 for Speed/odo, 1 for the stuff like tires, temps, etc, and the the 3rd on the DIC for outside temp/trip odo, mpg, etc.

It feels like they dumb-ed down the instruments because there were "too many" information sources. At the very least it would be nice if the compass and park assist weren't in the same menu group as the tire pressure and g meter. They really belong under the setup menu.

But aside form those minor things the V2 is still so much better than the V1.

Wannago
06-14-11, 07:52 PM
There is a button over the traction control button, should have put it there. I can't even figure out what that button does... :)

That button knocks off the cruise control...