: do these people seek me out?

mhamilton
06-11-11, 09:05 PM
My head is about to explode... I can not fathom how completely brain dead some people actually are who get a driver's license. I know I've complained about bad drivers before, but this was just beyond comprehension.

I just made a trip from Charlotte to Raleigh and back, about 150 miles. I chose travel times that would give me the least congestion. Got stuck with THREE left lane asshats that can't figure out if they want to go 65 or 85 mph. Two were on the way back today... road was nearly empty, had my cruise set to 75 mph in a 70 zone, 3 lanes. Come up behind a Jetta going about 70 and signal, I move left, wait a very respectable distance, signal and move back to the center. Okay. A mile later, see her coming up in my rear view. Hmmm... well whatever, she can go around and keep going. Just get the hell away from me. Oh no. Of course not. Goes past me about 80, goes 1/2 a mile, then slows to 70 while still in the left lane. Mind you, I have not changed speed 1 mph. I go past in the center, and this repeats SEVEN f'in times. By this time other people in the left lane have piled up and are trying to go around in the right lane.

Please, someone tell me how exactly this kind of behavior make sense? And in the same trip, another one in a Grand Caravan does nearly the same thing on a 2 lane stretch. My god, I'm physically sick after driving.

Sorry... that's the end of my rant.

Stingroo
06-11-11, 09:15 PM
Floridians are notorious for this.

Solution: train horn.

austin26372
06-11-11, 09:24 PM

It seems I've recognized both of your points! You'd think a giant brown dually up yer arse would do the job, but noooooo I have to toot my horn!

On my recent trip from Atlanta to Daytona, I rode behind a nice new Acura crossover thinggy that sat in the left lane (2 lanes for my direction) for 3 miles doing the speed limit with the semi's next to it. Now, being the azzhat that I am to stupid drivers, my horn and brights (was at night, btw) were in use for the final mile of that God awful stretch of road. He finally got the point and moved over... until 3 miles down when he tried to pass. Let's just say that was a no-go for him.

DMV's need a stupid test!

Stingroo
06-11-11, 09:53 PM
If Florida had one, 95% of the traffic would be off the roads.

77CDV
06-11-11, 10:37 PM
In answer to the thread title: yes, they do.

Sevillian273
06-11-11, 10:56 PM
He finally got the point and moved over... until 3 miles down when he tried to pass. Let's just say that was a no-go for him.

Sorry bro, I was texting. I'm disappointed with my new ZDX's passing power.... I think I'll trade it in for a Smart.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-13-11, 06:22 PM
He finally got the point and moved over... until 3 miles down when he tried to pass. Let's just say that was a no-go for him.

brights for no reason make me slow down...

we were on 95 goin home from work, we came up on a weird long line of cars doing about 55 in a 65 so naturally switched to the left lane to go around (2 lane highway). we were going about 75-80 in a 65 and in the only lane we could be in. naturally, this pickup truck comes up behind us and gets so close i can see the bugs in his grille. he turns his brights on and honk as soon as he gets behind us. "im like, ok we're already doing 80 and we cant get in the right cause its packed." so we keep doing 80. he gets even closer honks again so we said "ok a-hole", and slowed down to match the traffic to our right. he was PISSED, started honking and flashing his lights and going onto the shoulder to try to get around. eventually we sped back up because we were tired of going so slow. Later, right lane cleared up except for one car besides us who was matching our speed, if we slowed to try to let the truck pass he slowed, if we sped up he sped up. I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, the truck eventually shoots onto an offramp, guns it, gets ahead of the car to our right, and shoots all the way back to our lane, in front of us.
He slowed down to about 55mph. We hit our right run signal to switch lanes but he jerked so violently to the right we just laughed and decided to play along. So the guy stays at 55mph for about 5 minutes, and i got a genius idea. i grabbed a big piece of paper and found a marker and wrote in huge letters "THANKS FOR SLOWING DOWN". I almost didnt get the chance to show it to him. apparently his exit had come up so he gunned it and shot over to the exit but i noticed he rolled his window down (to show us his fingers apparently) so i showed him the sign i made.

the last thing i saw was him makin mean faces and beating the crap out of his steering wheel hahaha

The-Dullahan
06-13-11, 07:37 PM

Ten gallons of air compressed to just over 300 PSI is enough to roll a bus. Also, enough to make sure I am never stuck on the interstate.

maeng9981
06-13-11, 11:39 PM
That is the point I lose my mind and accelerate until I don't see that car in the rearview mirror anymore.

ben.gators
06-14-11, 12:10 AM

we were on 95 goin home from work, we came up on a weird long line of cars doing about 55 in a 65 so naturally switched to the left lane to go around (2 lane highway). we were going about 75-80 in a 65 and in the only lane we could be in. naturally, this pickup truck comes up behind us and gets so close i can see the bugs in his grille. he turns his brights on and honk as soon as he gets behind us. "im like, ok we're already doing 80 and we cant get in the right cause its packed." so we keep doing 80. he gets even closer honks again so we said "ok a-hole", and slowed down to match the traffic to our right. he was PISSED, started honking and flashing his lights and going onto the shoulder to try to get around. eventually we sped back up because we were tired of going so slow. Later, right lane cleared up except for one car besides us who was matching our speed, if we slowed to try to let the truck pass he slowed, if we sped up he sped up. I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, the truck eventually shoots onto an offramp, guns it, gets ahead of the car to our right, and shoots all the way back to our lane, in front of us.
He slowed down to about 55mph. We hit our right run signal to switch lanes but he jerked so violently to the right we just laughed and decided to play along. So the guy stays at 55mph for about 5 minutes, and i got a genius idea. i grabbed a big piece of paper and found a marker and wrote in huge letters "THANKS FOR SLOWING DOWN". I almost didnt get the chance to show it to him. apparently his exit had come up so he gunned it and shot over to the exit but i noticed he rolled his window down (to show us his fingers apparently) so i showed him the sign i made.

the last thing i saw was him makin mean faces and beating the crap out of his steering wheel hahaha

What an a.... In such cases I push the gas and let the as#$@ eat my dust!

orconn
06-14-11, 12:20 AM
I think I'd dial 911 and report him as a dangerous aggressive driver ( and give the police his license number)

austin26372
06-14-11, 01:52 AM

The guy in my story was impeding the flow of traffic - a big no no in my book. (I'm not an aggressive or fast driver, but I do enjoy the enforcing of the rules of the road)

Sounds like the guy you encountered was pissed!

CadillacCastle
06-14-11, 03:05 AM
If you had to hit the brakes if a dog ran in front of you he could have ran into the back of your car and cuased a lawsuit. Stopping the brakes will make them wake up. I try not to drive much because of the rush hour road rage. Almost everyone in Texas is carrying a pistol, shotgun or deer rifle.

Stingroo
06-14-11, 06:40 AM
Yeah, that's it. Brake check him and cause an accident. Perfect solution!

*facepalm*

OffThaHorseCEO
06-14-11, 10:25 AM
That is the point I lose my mind and accelerate until I don't see that car in the rearview mirror anymore.

i used to do that until i realized
a) i get nothing out of it, and end up wasting my gas
b) the a-hole behind me gets what he wants (me speeding for him)

Jesda
06-14-11, 03:46 PM
I-75 is a giant funnel that sucks all the morons in the country down to Florida.

No offense Floridians. Your state is being inundated by people who leave post-it notes around their homes to remember to inhale and exhale.

cadillac kevin
06-14-11, 06:50 PM
Damn. sounds like some asshat I had problems with about a month ago. It was about 7:30 AM on a saturday and there was no one but me (in my old safari) and some guy in an F150 on the highway. A semi got on the higway in front of me, so I changed lanes in front of the F150 about 2 cars behind me. as soon as I put my signal on, he floored it and shoved his truck way up my ass, swerved around me, cut me off and slammed on his brakes (mind you I was going about 75). Well I swerved into the next lane and set my cruise slower hoping he'd go away. nope- he did it again. I swerved, floored it, got a few car lengths in front of him, set my cruise control- then he does it again. ...and again...and again...and again. each time we were moving faster. finally he did it to me when I was doing about 90. I swerved around him, almost took out his side because he tried to cut me off again, and floored it as I laid on my caddy train horn. I unwound that van as fast as it would go (100+). I really didnt feel like playing chicken with a dumbass while going down the highway- especially with one who keeps trying to force an accident.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-14-11, 07:10 PM
i love it when im ahead of a car on the lane beside me and i need to switch lanes, so i signal and speed up so i can get in front, but the a-hole speeds up too...so i speed up a bit more, and he/she speeds up more. the whole time my signal is on. finally i say screw it and slow down to switch lanes behind them and they switch into my lane after getting ahead of me

Rodya234
06-14-11, 07:43 PM
Isn't speeding up when someone is trying to overtake you illegal? I remember reading that awhile back.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-14-11, 07:53 PM
even if it is, its not enforced. i see people driving like idiots speeding like crazy up and down 95. pulling ridiculously retarded lane changes across 3 lanes at 90 mph with cars and semis all around. never get pulled.

but dont let a teenager get caught doing 15 over or not wearing a belt, instant license suspension...

Sevillian273
06-14-11, 08:19 PM
Damn straight! :violin:

STS_Seville_Hunter
06-14-11, 08:51 PM
If people don't let me over I get over anyways just speed past them in a faster car, or when I'm driving my Buick I force my way over people always budge because
1. Its older, somewhat large, and appears to have a all steel body
2. Its a '85 so they think I don't have insurance
3. They can't believe I'm crazy enough that I'm going into their lane because they wouldn't let me in in the first place.

Stingroo
06-14-11, 09:15 PM
I can get people to move rather easily with the wagon. I never have people mess with me on the road.

Sucks to be you guys. <_<

maeng9981
06-15-11, 10:05 AM
i used to do that until i realized
a) i get nothing out of it, and end up wasting my gas
b) the a-hole behind me gets what he wants (me speeding for him)

I'd waste maybe 0.2 gallon of fuel for it. At least you have fun :) and you don't do it when there are stacks of cars on the road anyway.