: 94 Cadillac Seville SLS flooding out real bad

Russ64
06-11-11, 07:33 PM
My car is flooding real bad and not wanting to start. It started when I replaced the starter which is under the intake manifold. So while I was in there I went ahead and replaced the intake manifold gaskets. Now when I put everything back together again its not wanting to start. I put everything back together and checked my vac hoses and all that stuff. Car runs real rough and smokes real bad too. Smells like gas. Any ideas on what I did wrong or what to do to fix it.

Ranger
06-12-11, 12:11 AM
Pull the manifold cover and check for a leaky FPR. Turn the key on and look for fuel leaking from the FPR nipple, but DO NOT crank the engine with the cover off. :tisk:

89falcon
06-12-11, 12:37 AM
Pull the manifold cover and check for a leaky FPR. Turn the key on and look for fuel leaking from the FPR nipple, but DO NOT crank the engine with the cover off. :tisk:

Why not?:hmm:

maeng9981
06-12-11, 10:16 AM
Why not?:hmm:

The intake cover of 93-94 Northstars is not just a "beauty cover" as in later models; they work as an intake plenum cover. If the cover is removed and the engine is started, the engine will unleash and run away by itself, you will have no throttle control and it will rapidly go over the limit - destroying itself.

89falcon
06-12-11, 02:44 PM
The intake cover of 93-94 Northstars is not just a "beauty cover" as in later models; they work as an intake plenum cover. If the cover is removed and the engine is started, the engine will unleash and run away by itself, you will have no throttle control and it will rapidly go over the limit - destroying itself.

OK.....I was worried for a couple minutes there.....I haven't had the cover on my 97 STS is 5 years!

Ranger
06-12-11, 02:50 PM
It shouldn't destroy itself as it does have a rev limiter, but it will run away unthrottled and bounce off the rev limited at 4K until you can shut it down.

maeng9981
06-12-11, 11:33 PM
It shouldn't destroy itself as it does have a rev limiter, but it will run away unthrottled and bounce off the rev limited at 4K until you can shut it down.

It perhaps is just an issue with my Deville, but it goes to 6000+rpm in P or N. The Seville doesn't do it (rev limiter works). Is this a difference between 99/00 or it's broken?

Ranger
06-13-11, 11:13 AM
Something is not right. I thought they all had rev limiters.