: GM Warranty Crap (long rant)

tbss08
06-10-11, 08:43 PM
Got through to the executive person looking at my case today. I've been getting the brush off for quite some time now over the roof and rims. I've got quite the document of all the phone calls starting in March of 2010 through this week. I really don't want to air the dirty laundry just to show how one person can push a customer away for good. That one person, the field service rep for my area, has gone above and beyond his calling to piss me off and deny repairs to my car. Thank you GM for such outstanding customer support. I'd thought of trading this POS off and getting another V, after today I wouldn't bother giving you another penny of my hard earned money. The same goes for anyone in my family. If I can talk someone out of buying your product I will.

You have pissed off yet another loyal 32 year GM person. I hope your next trip to bankruptcy ends in complete liquidation, it is only a matter of time before GM ends there again.

Thank You GM for screwing up my rims on my car, refusing to repair them, denying warranty claims etc. I see it will forever be an uphill fight to get anything repaired on this POS. As the exec person stated today "GM will continue to fix any warrantable item on the car." I see with the excuse today how that goes, rims were not to be repaired because I put aftermarket tires on the car. I put Hankooks on instead of PS2's and the claim is the rim protector on the PS2's hid the scuff but seeing as the Hankooks have a smaller rim protector then that is the reason it shows. Listen you scuffed my rims, you put paint on my rims you need to FIX the rims period.

Time to trade off this $70K POS and let the world know how crappy Cadillac Customer Service and GM really are.

RippyPartsDept
06-10-11, 08:57 PM
sorry to hear about your problems... there is a Cadillac Customer Service rep on the forum here that 'might' be able to help you out... have you contacted her yet? they have their own forum section (at the top above all other sections) so you can find her easily to send a PM with your VIN and case number

cadigo's
06-10-11, 09:05 PM
Traded my 09 in on a MB E550. Best thing ever did.

neuronbob
06-10-11, 09:09 PM
Wow. Just, wow. Sorry to read of this.

JimmyH
06-10-11, 09:20 PM
Go to any forum and you will find similar stories. Sorry it happened to you, but this stuff is not unique to gm.

e6t
06-10-11, 10:39 PM
matt is not a customer service rep.

there is a customer service person on another forum of this board.

JimmyH
06-10-11, 11:15 PM
Cadillac Customer Svc used to be Jeff. Elizabeth has taken over for him. Elizabeth rocks!

dvandentop
06-10-11, 11:32 PM
pathetic they will not replace a scratched rim or get it repaired

baabootoo
06-11-11, 12:57 AM
Bbb..... You also used the phrase "Settled litigation". Was there some type of settlement with them or what?

e6t
06-11-11, 01:24 AM
Bbb..... You also used the phrase "Settled litigation". Was there some type of settlement with them or what?

yeah, i noticed the same.

tbss08
06-11-11, 08:04 AM
Yes there was a settlement for the botched repairs from the first time.

Elizabeth answered me back with it was being taken care of by the exec person. I am through with GM. This makes three vehicles in a row as a POS. An 07 Z06 with a defective clutch/pressure plate from the factory. 5 months attempting to get the car right. The dealer replaced the clutch/pressure plate but broke 4 studs on the exhaust on the drivers side, had the exhaust held on with a double nut on two studs because they were stripped. The passenger side had three studs holding it on. They were also kind enough to rip the left rear CV joint and spew grease all over the inner hub. Oh they did customize the drivers door by lowering a lift on the the door and cracking it. The hidden damage of smacking the front end against a curb was the icing on the cake. The original dealer put muffler putty on the exhaust manifold to keep it from leaking, it blew out.

That car went on a trade for an 08 Z06. Five trips to the dealer for a grind in the transmission in 1,2, 3, and 4th and it went back on a Lemon Law. During arbitration the area rep stated " I thought I was doing you a favor by not replacing the transmission."

I should have waited but fell for the V at first sight and thought, It's a Cadillac so it will have better build quality and customer support.
The first trip to the dealer for a check engine light told me watch out. The tech did not cover the seat, steering wheel or floor mats. He also was getting into the car with a screwdriver in his front pocket.

This whole fiasco has shown me just how GM cares about their customers. It is all about the dollar, they don't care if a customer is loyal and long term. GM has no long range vision other than sell cars in CHINA. Why don't you move your corporate headquarters to CHINA if you are so concerned about sales there.

The very sad part of it all is I would have taken an exchange of equity and traded off to another V if it was offered. GM played hard ball from the very beginning. During litigation the Lawyer was shocked GM had dragged it out for so long. It was almost like the area rep likes rubbing it in my face about the car.

In the end I won't have the worlds fastest four door sedan anymore but I also stand a better chance of not having the worlds most arrogant company screwing me on warranty repairs either.

ProImaging
06-11-11, 09:14 AM
sounds to me like you need to find a new dealer if you bought all these cars at the same place. im from a small town so that makes a difference but still. get in good with your dealer or service department and you can get a lot more done. the guy that owns the dealership here likes to quail hunt:D

Prof
06-11-11, 10:03 AM
So sorry for this bad experience...I can feel the frustration...we love our vehicles and to believe that the manufacturer is not supportive has to be exasperating and infuriating at the same time.

Just to add balance...My '09 has only had one problem in nearly 40k miles. There was the beginning of a howl in the differential, and GM replaced the differential.

I am totally satisfied, and am considering getting rid of my '04 SRT 10 and adding an LS9 powered ZR 1...while GM may have lost you, they are rapidly converting this MOPAR freak into a GM fan.

RippyPartsDept
06-11-11, 11:53 AM
sounds to me like you need to find a new dealer if you bought all these cars at the same place. im from a small town so that makes a difference but still. get in good with your dealer or service department and you can get a lot more done. the guy that owns the dealership here likes to quail hunt:D

yeah, sounds like bad dealers...
i hate to hear these stories because it gives the good dealers a bad rep

JimmyH
06-11-11, 02:43 PM
When I took my v1 in for a howling diff, I asked them to replace the fluid. I said I would pay if it was required. They called me back a few hours later to tell me I was getting a whole new carrier under warranty.

When my cts4 had play on center in the steering the dealer I bought it from said it was "normal". So i went to my usual dealer and they replaced the entire steering shaft without question.

The good dealers are out there my man. You just have to look for them.

dlin95123
06-11-11, 03:16 PM
One thing I don't understand about car dealers is as follows. Their service department gets paid by doing work. If they refuse warranty work and so customers take their cars elsewhere, where do they get their income from?

Someone enlighten me please.

thatcoder
06-11-11, 03:17 PM
definitely a case of a bad dealer with bad service techs.. not a reflection of the whole organization.

dlin95123
06-11-11, 03:28 PM
Traded my 09 in on a MB E550. Best thing ever did.

I also switched from GM cars to BMW 740i in 2001. That was a big mistake. From my own experience of owning just one German car and reading articles on various BMW forums, I think they are great while the cars are in warranty. As soon as warranty expires, lots of stuff break quickly. I was stranded 6 times and car had to be towed in the 8 years of ownership. The car was completely stock. An expensive lesson learned....

cbloveday
06-11-11, 03:52 PM
I went from a 2007 BMW M6 (Brand New) to my 2009 V (Brand New) and have had no regrets.
Only issue is what to do with all the extra modding $ the GM affords me.

Domsz06
06-11-11, 05:22 PM
Sorry that happened. I'd try and find a new dealer.

tbss08
06-11-11, 05:53 PM
Thanks for all the words of encouragement but it is not the Dealer pushing this. The area rep has been nothing but a pain in the rear the whole ordeal. He did not step up to the plate and help out in the first repair until after 5 weeks in the shop. This time I was told he was involved, probably a bruised ego after the litigation.

Trying to find another dealer is useless. The closest dealer is 45 minutes away and this car and my name will be marked with a big red flag in GM's little history file. I almost thought about going back to a Corvette but there in lies a problem, same POS company builds them and services them. I am in the process of shopping around now for something else to drive, might not be a sports car but I won't have the hassles or headaches from Government Motors anymore.

hulksdaddy
06-11-11, 06:42 PM
definitely a case of a bad dealer with bad service techs.. not a reflection of the whole organization.

BS. The regional rep works directly for GM. Sounds as if that guy's a POS.

tbss08
06-11-11, 07:07 PM
Great guy all laughs and joking, hand pumping and slapping on the back type person. Oh he was trying to make a joke of the whole 5 weeks of him not being involved the first time. His words just grind into my resentment for GM, "You have the right people taking care of you now." Seat buckle missing, CHECK: Trim damaged, CHECK: Console Damaged, CHECK: Most of my gas used, CHECK: Invisicord missing from mirror, CHECK: Paint screwed up, CHECK: Rims still damaged, CHECK: I think he took care of me good enough, I don't even think it was lubed.

dlin95123
06-11-11, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all the words of encouragement but it is not the Dealer pushing this. ..........

My experience is the same with yours. Dealers tend to be helpful or at least try to be helpful. They make money from you and it is not to their best interest to piss you off. IMO, it is the manufacturers that are the problems. Their execs stick to the corporate line and do very little to help. I don't know how these regional reps are paid or how their performance is determined by their management. But from my limited experience, your satisfaction and/or loyalty to stick to their brands are probably not used as the criteria.

I would not agree with the Government Motors labeling though. The problem had been there before the bail out. IMO, it is the corporate leadership issue. The execs in many corporations are short term focused. You can't really blame them though because they will not stay in their jobs for very long if they don't improve the "bottom line" in a short amount of time. If you argue that they are like government that way, I would then agree with you. :-)

Let me know which car you decide to get next. I don't have a CTS-V yet. But I have narrowed down my next car would be either a CTS-V or a Lexus IS-F!

MotownPimp
06-11-11, 08:24 PM
Nice to see not a lot of "Yeah, me too" responses here from other Caddy owners since I'm just returning to Detroit cars from 20 + years of buying Japanese vehicles due to quality/reliability issues.

To the Op, you might consider some of the Japanese options for a high HP vehicle. In addition to the Lexus IS-F, there is the Nissan GTR plus I'm sure Acura must have some high HP model. Love the look of the GTR but at $90 Gs to pricey for me. To be fair, I have done zippo research on the cars I've mentioned here.

tbss08
06-12-11, 08:18 AM
I've looked at the IS-F and test driven one. Nice car but not near the ride of the V. Very harsh ride, probably more than the Z06's I've had. Not too keen on the GTR, read a bunch of stuff about it as well.
I've thought of a few different cars, just need to narrow the field and start some test drives.

Mike02z
06-12-11, 12:47 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. I have been extremely impressed by my dealer. When I picked up my V Sedan it was evening. It was difficult to see. Several days later I noticed the wheels on the driver side were curbed. I had only driven home from the dealer and for a couple of rides never even getting near any curbs. I contacted my dealer and with no hesitation they told me they would replace the 2 damaged wheels. 4 days later the wheels arrived and they swapped them while I waited. I then noticed the sun room was not sitting flat behind the drivers door. Called them and again, "No problem sir, bring it right in". They fixed this quickly and even put a hose on this for about 20 minutes to ensure it was not leaking after the repair.

I have not had the best of luck with GM dealers in general over the years but my current dealer has been outstanding so far. I hope this continues.

I hope they get your issue resolved quickly.

GM-4-LIFE
06-12-11, 01:38 PM
My local dealer's service department is amazing! From my service writer to the techs to the service manager, they take care of any issues I have the first time. If they have to contact GM on an issue, they do it and get my car fixed. So far, I haven't had any issues with our 2011 V Coupe and 2011 Escalade, so I really can't complain, but I have had my share of issues with some of my past GM vehicles, but I stuck with GM and I am happy I did. Compared to other automakers, nobody really makes a car like the V and from the junk I have experienced with Mercedes and from what I have heard from other owners of other brands, GM is nothing compared to the junk BMW and Audi produce.

I guess it's luck of the draw with the way a car is made and the dealer who you go to.

My advice is find another dealer.

JimmyH
06-12-11, 01:46 PM
Only issue is what to do with all the extra modding $ the GM affords me.

I don't see the issue. One look at your sig, looks like you figured it out.

thebigjimsho
06-12-11, 01:59 PM
I've looked at the IS-F and test driven one. Nice car but not near the ride of the V. Very harsh ride, probably more than the Z06's I've had. Not too keen on the GTR, read a bunch of stuff about it as well.
I've thought of a few different cars, just need to narrow the field and start some test drives.FYI, according to C&D, they've improved the ride quite a bit...

thebigjimsho
06-12-11, 02:01 PM
tbss08 has been more than patient throughout all this. It's amazing he's had so much bad luck with his GM cars, but if the regional rep helped him out this would be a different story. He has the right to rant all he wants...

dlin95123
06-12-11, 03:08 PM
FYI, according to C&D, they've improved the ride quite a bit...

I have test driven an '08 and an '11 IS-Fs. They are night and day different. The '08's ride was worse than my C4 'Vette. I would call it half baked. The '11 IS-F is much better and acceptable to me. It does not offer the same raw power as CTS-V. But its stock exhaust sounds so sweet once past 4,000rpm!

tbss08
06-12-11, 11:01 PM
I haven't driven a 2011 IS-F yet. I tested a 10 model and that was a very harsh ride. I agree with the exhaust, nice note above 4K.

More damage found on the car tonight while cleaning it up. Still have paint drips on the right rear quarter from where they botched the paint repair from the roof, multiple paint spots on the rim and paint drips behind the right rear door handle. There is a nice long scratch where they either taped off the door to repair the paint or something. It was there when I picked up the car but I thought it might have been just tape residue. I was just happy to get the car back after 6 weeks in the shop. I can see GM Customer service is not going to do a damn thing about any of the problems, I hear the words already " Sorry sir that is a non-warranty item". Just like the Regional Rep stating the rims were damaged but the original PS2's hid the damage and I have AFTERMARKET tires on the car!! OH MY GOSH, I PUT THE SAME SIZE TIRE ON YOU MORON!!

Magnuson Moss act here I come.

Once I download some pictures I took I'll post them up of the rims and paint work. I found another drip which was wet sanded and not painted in the door. What bunch of jerks to botch a repair like this. And they wonder why I went to litigation over this.

Adic2Speed
06-12-11, 11:31 PM
GM isn't the only co. to do crap like that. I have a Lancer EVO III. All kind of problems. The roof buckled at the sunroof mounts. They would not warrant it. The mechanic at the garage pointed out it was at the mounts for the sunroof, the suit they called in said I did it taking it through a carwash. This was about 2 months after me owning the vehicle. The paint was chipping on both sides inside the door jam. Same Suit said it was road debris being kicked up. He couldn't explain how it was only inside and on the very corner of the door jam, and nowhere else on the vehicle. They would not fix either item. The car was in the shop twice for the synchros, 1st time 3 weels after I owned it and it stayed in the shop for 23 days while I drove a base model neon. The second time they said they would not fix. I loved the car itself, great steering, fun little AWD car, HATE HATE HATE Mitsubishi.