: Computer Virus?

onbagz2002
10-15-04, 01:21 AM
Ok i have ad-aware and i scanned my pc and this came up..
How do i get rid of it...:banghead:
http://img98.exs.cx/img98/4980/untitled38.jpg

BeelzeBob
10-15-04, 01:48 AM
It looks like you're safe. The file couldn't be cleaned (repaired) but it was quarantined - so it wont affect anything. I don't use Symantec anymore but there should be an option to empty out (delete) the contents of your quarantined files folder.

onbagz2002
10-15-04, 01:51 AM
Ok thanks sal.. :thumbsup:

Ralph
10-15-04, 06:09 AM
That's right, as long as it was quarentiened it is "locked in a room" and cannot get out. I had a trojan that was in the computer for 5 years! It finally froze-up everything last year, but it is good you caught it now! It happened when my future brother-in-law infected it and now we got the computer. Twice I've had to get the conmputer professionally cleaned and it is not fun.

I have discovered that Ad Adware does not catch everyhting and my computer guy also recommends Spybot (another free downloadable program) used in conjunction with Ad Aware. Supposedly each catches about 80% of the viruses, spyware, etc. out there.

Ralph
10-15-04, 06:18 AM
here is a thread that has all the info needed to protect your computer with direct links to the software, etc.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4659

T_Dogg8
10-15-04, 07:50 AM
always check symantec's website when you get something like that. they have instructions to remove things like that. i run symantec anti-virus on all my computers at work and it will delete 99% of the files correctly, but i always check the symantec website to see how they say to remove it manually and then do that to verify all the files are gone. chances are you won't have anything to delete, but better safe than sorry.

Vesicant
10-15-04, 03:57 PM
Http://www.sarc.com - Full library of virus definitions, their harm done to you, and ways to remove them. :coolgleam

onbagz2002
10-15-04, 06:01 PM
THANKS EVERYONE
I think i deleted it it was in my quarintine thingy and i deleted that... :thumbsup:

Ralph
10-15-04, 06:04 PM
THANKS EVERYONE
I think i deleted it it was in my quarintine thingy and i deleted that... :thumbsup:
I would also recommend some sort of "external firewall" so that you don't have to deal with crap like this again. :)

ShadowLvr400
10-15-04, 07:02 PM
Another helpful program is called Registry Mechanic. It gets a lot of things ad aware misses.