: Is this possible?

Sicilianbulldog
10-15-04, 01:49 AM
God, I know I'm gonna catch a lot of heat for this question, but I am very curious. Because of the high repair costs of the northstar, is it possible to put another engine in a late model caddy (99+) and still have it run o.k? What would need to be adapted for something like that? In advance, I would like to thank the experts for answering my stupid question.

caddydaddy
10-15-04, 08:53 AM
I really doubt you could get anything to work with the stock computer. Since the Northstar is a system, not just an engine, you would have to run computer for the new engine, and somehow trick the stock one to keep running the transmission and steering. Without some major computer engineering, I don't think it would ever work right.
It sounds like a great idea, but these cars aren't like the old ones where you can pop in any engine and it would run fine. That part does suck!

BeelzeBob
10-15-04, 12:59 PM
The engine shouldn't be that expensive to repair....it is as repairable as any engine out there.

It will be difficult and VERY expensive to adapt any other engine to that application for the simple reason that none of them fit....they are just too long to fit between the chassis components.

The cost of fixing anything is astronomical....engine, trans, electronics, car, dishwasher, TV, etc..... It is not just the Northstar engine. I think the basic mentality that is so purvasive is to make it simpler and easier and cheaper to just replace the device with a new one rather than fix the old one.... I swear I could have bought two new washing machines for the money I have spent replacing parts on the one I have had for the last 14 years..... It isn't just the Northstar.

mastertech
10-15-04, 05:12 PM
I actually swapped a Northstar into my washing machine and man, does it scream!
(sorry bbob, I couldn't resist :cookoo: )

BeelzeBob
10-15-04, 11:12 PM
I actually swapped a Northstar into my washing machine and man, does it scream!
(sorry bbob, I couldn't resist :cookoo: )

But it leaves the clothes all oily, right...???? LOL LOL

foo
10-16-04, 12:23 PM
how many clothes per gallon do you get? :) :)

SHERIFF
10-17-04, 12:44 AM
But it leaves the clothes all oily, right...???? LOL LOL You got that right!!!

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/mickey.gif

peteski
10-18-04, 04:43 AM
:histeric: Those jokes are all washed-up.... :histeric:

Couldn't resist ....
:D :D

Peteski