: Air conditioner compressor always running?

Gilroyca
06-10-11, 01:10 AM
It feels like the air conditioner compressor continues to run after the AC is turned off......it continues to blow cold. Has anyone else experienced this? Sometimes I just want the vent only.

Also, what does the air quality setting actually do? The manual explains how to change the sensitivity, but not what it actually does......does it just put the climate control on reticulate?

2011 SRX Premium AWD.

Jake2010
06-10-11, 08:55 AM
Hi Gilroyca,

Here's a previous post about the air quality setting, hope it helps... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/204483-what-air-sensitivity-config-vehicle-air.html

As far as the AC, is your "Auto" button on? if so, that will cycle the AC to keep a constant temperature. Usually if I want just vent, I turn off "Auto" and make sure the AC button is not lit.

Jake

Smokin' SRX
06-10-11, 10:07 AM
And don't forget " De-FOG" control in same Menu area. If it's on, the A/C will come on whenever it senses too much humidity in the cabin. To avoid fogging windows the A/C comes on. You can deactivate in same menu. I did.

SS

Gilroyca
06-10-11, 01:13 PM
Thanks Jake and Smokin'.

I checked and the auto defog was on, so I think that was why the compressor was running.......although it's just not that humid here. After I disabled the feature the compressor did not engage. Thanks.